“Clean, Friendly, Good Value”

Days Inn Scranton PA
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Hudson Valley, NY
“Clean, Friendly, Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

My husband, sister, brother-in-law and niece stayed at the Days Inn in Scranton last week as we were in town for a funeral. I didn't see the point in spending a ton of money on a hotel room, as we were literally only going to be sleeping there. After reading the reviews on here, I was terrified as to what we would encounter upon check-in, but we were pleasantly surprised. Yes, the decor is a bit dated, but the rooms were clean, the air conditioning and television worked, and the sheets were clean. Also, the bathrooms were not blue like some other reviewers had said - not that it makes a difference to me. There were granite countertops and what looked to be fairly new toilets and showers.
I needed an iron as there wasn't one in my room, and had no problem getting one. When I returned it to the front desk, the clerk told me I could have left it in my room but thanked me for returning it. Breakfast was good - bagels, cream cheese, cinnamon buns, cereal, coffee, juice. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and it was all-around a good experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shamrocks74
spmyneni, Owner at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments.
We strive on a daily basis to present good accommodations for all of our Guests.
we are very happy that your stay with us was pleasant.
Thanks again for taking your time to share with us your experience.
Please stay with us again, if you visit Scranton area.
Siva, GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Millville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

I got married yesterday, which was a magical event, until we got to the room at the dickson city, days inn in pennsylvania. The air conditioning in our room did not work well, and we were warm all night. Because it was our honeymoon night, we didn't want to complain... In the morning we made a few disgusting discoveries, my husband saw black insects crawling on our covers, there was a huge beehive outside our window where they were flying into the walls of the building, and most horrifying of all: I was getting out of bed and found a receipt from Providence, RI for a conveince store between the bed sheet and the top sheet. Obviously, there is no way those sheets could have been cleaned because the receipt was between the sheets next to me in the middle of the bed. My husband went to the front desk to complain and they said because we didn't complain the night before there wasn't anything they could do and that they could have someone call us back. - as of yet we haven't received it. (We checked out at 8:30am and it is now and it is now 7:36pm) Very disappointed on the quality of the rooms, and that it was supposed to be our special night, and it was soured by our experience. Room 408

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jwelman
spmyneni, Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this review, August 20, 2009
Dear guest,
We are very sorry that you were disappointed during your stay with us. Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments. We truly value the business, and if we would hear from you during your stay that you experience some problems with you room, we immediately would take necessary actions to make your stay as pleasant as we can.
Please know we replace bedlinens right after guests checked out. The room that you were staying in, is always in great demand, and is occupied on a dailya basis. We did not hear any complaints from other our guests staying there. Thanks again for your comments.
Please be sure your concerns are our concerns.
Siva, GM.

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

I came, with my family, to Scranton for the marathon in 2008. Because I booked late, all hotels in Scranton proper were full and so we ended up at the Days Inn in Dickson City. Wow. It was cheap, at least, but grungy. The carpeting was well in need of replacing, most of the furniture was broken in some way, but probably the worst aspect of the hotel was the smell. Icky.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Man2th
Dear Guest,
We are very sorry that you were disappointed during your stay with us. Please know that since our hotel was been under a new ownership, we performed many renovations in different areas of the building, and outside: replaced carpet in many rooms, replaced vanities, tiles and wall covering in all bathrooms; we purchased new drapes, comforters and TV sets for all rooms.
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

My husband, two young daughters and myself used this hotel as a stopover home from New York City.
Check is was fine. The room smelled liked a hooker, the cheap perfume was overpowering. There was a fresh white stain on the old brown carpet. It was late and we were tired and hungry. Were going to call out for pizza. We could not use the phone, despite the fact they had our credit card number for deposit, unless we brought ten dollars to the front desk. Skipped pizza went to bed annoyed, as we were already in pjs.
Next morning went downstairs to have our free continental breakfast, which was the only good thing about our visit. On the way back to our room, we were trapped in the elevator. No buttons work, but all lit up, with the exception of the alarm button. Apparently after we were told it buzzed them, but it did not light up so we had no idea and began panicking. We were only trapped for about ten minutes, and were all okay, but were very upset when the manager told us that this happens sometimes. What kind of hotel has an elevator that sometimes traps their clients?
Take the stairs....

• Liked — Price, but won't make that mistake again
  • Disliked — Getting trapped in the elevator that was know to be broken
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank pennyeileen
Dear Guest,,
Thank you very much for your comments.
We strive on a daily basis to present good accomodations for all of our guests. Guests comments are very important to us, so we can properly address issues. Please know right after your visit we called the elevator technician that checket both elevators, and found that there is nothing wrong with them. Although he noted that when children might push all the bottons at the same time, it is a probable cause of you being trapped in elevator. we are glad that you were released in Four minutes, and offered you to use a second elevator that is right by side of the first one. Our both elevators' condition corresponds with the state code; both elevators are inspected routinely, and we do not have any aguests' complaints about that.
Thanks again for taking your time to share you thoughts with us.
Niagara Falls, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2008

As a stop-over to New York City I decided to stay at the Days Inn Scranton. I chose Days Inn for several reasons. First, I figured Days Inn is a respectable name and that the chances of getting a real dud of a hotel was slim. Second, the Days Inn Scranton has a pool. Third, the price was definitely right.
Well for the most part the hotel was fine and not a dud, but there were a few issues. Although there is a pool, on the day we were there(7/27/08) the pool must have been more than 100 degrees F. Seriously, not an exaggeration, it was actually hotter than the hot tub next to it. The explanation given was since the pool is located in a large "Florida Room" with windows all around and overhead the sun made the pool hot. Huh? Okay, whatever. Once in the pool it didn't seem too bad but you couldn't swim for more than 5 or 6 minutes before getting overwhelmed. The kids were a little disappointed, but not a total disaster. Heck, no other hotel close to this price had a pool. Plus hot tub was ok.
The other issue we had was that very few of the vending machines actually worked. After getting cooked in that pool we would have liked to have had a cool drink. The pop/soda machines on all the floors were out of order. The ones nearest the pool/lobby had very little selections. Again, not a total disaster but you would think that the hotel would keep those things working and stocked because they are moneymakers.
Overall the Days Inn Scranton wasn't too bad, the room was fine, and its close to many restaurants. It was about what I expected for the price.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank weim99
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

It wasn't terrible as some of the reviews here suggested. Actually, they were a little exaggerated. That said, its not the tash mahal but it was clean and it had a nice indoor pool. The female that checked us in wasn't as pleasant as the one who checked us out but I wouldn't want their job either. Listening to everyone whine and complain about every little thing. Would I spend a week here? Nope. Just a night or two as reflected in the room price. What I didn't like was some pop up window with some sales pitch for me to buy a subscription while I was doing my on-line purchase. Common Days Inn, a little tacky. I had more respect for you then that. The rear entrance was trashy with the tough to open door and ripped up tiles, but it was well worth the $107 a night price during pocono weekend when everything else within 30 miles of the track was 200 plus ! Give me a break. Remember folks, the old saying, you get what you pay for. I will go back if I'm in the area. Lots of eateries and such in the area.

• Liked — Pool, cleanliness, accessability, internet...but it wasn't secure
  • Disliked — Obnoxious pop up ad while doing on-line purchase, front desk, un-secure wireless, road construction everywhere
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kevinbb58
Pa.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2008

Stayed here for class reunion.

I have stayed at many hotel/motels over the years but none that wan as dirty all around as this one.
Staff was not very helpful.
I don't know where the other people saw empty "hot food" containers at the tiny breakfast area. I only saw cold food and not very good quality.
The sad part is that the place does have potential to be a nice place to stay.

Stayed September 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
Fairfield Inn Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton

Been to Days Inn Scranton PA? Share your experiences!