“death in family”

Days Inn Scranton PA
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Scranton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mickleton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is located near all of the local attractions and the prices are good. However, it could use a facelift. Also, I have to agree with the other reviewers, it does not look or smell clean. I bought an air freshener to spray in our room during our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for appreciating our great rates and location.
Please know that we renovated many areas at our hotel: entire bathrooms, replaced wall covering, room carpet, bed sets, most of furniture and continue working on upgrading our hotel, so all of our guests will be happy to stay with us. We have many potential guests who support and follow-up our efforts towards better service and accommodations.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight to avoid bad driving weather. The price was right and we were able to get a pet frenziedly room for an extra $11. The property must have been recently re-flagged to a Days Inn. The entire place smelled of cigarette smoke. You could notice the smell as soon as you walked in the lobby. The room had the hide-the-smoke fragrance spray smell but the room was not healthy if you are the least bit allergic to cigarette smole.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments about our affordable price and pet-friendly facilities.
We are sorry that you felt cigarette smoke in the lobby. Please know all public areas are non-smoking and most of our rooms are non-smoking. We have only few smoking rooms and we treat them with special smoke-eliminators and often wash carpet.
We can assure you that we do everything possible to maintain healthy atmosphere.
Sincerely.
General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Scranton hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 15, 2014

After reading so many bad reviews about this hotel (such as bad smiles, problems at bathroom, sticky furniture, dirty carpet, unclean bed sheets, ...), I am confused if I should book to stay here. I called the chain hotel at this location directly, first explained my above concern, then asked if any renovation was done lately. The manager at this location happen to be the person who answered my call.
Instead of addressing the question, she first pointed out that many of the negative reviewers are just from the people who are not happy for some reason then wrote those not real stories...
When I asked the question again (if any renovation was done lately at this hotel), for the second time she instead of discussing the question, happily pointed out that they do have many happy guests who come back here to stay again...
When I asked the question for the third time, this manager finally said that they have done many renovations such as its walls. When I asked for more information about their remolding, she simply refused to discuss, and suddenly told me if you do not want to stay at her hotel then do not come.
But before ending the call, this manger suggested me to contact the owner at this location of Days Inn by calling the same hotel phone number. She was also kindly told me the time the owner regularly comes in (it is around the particular time in the afternoon).
I called later at that time instructed by the manager to reach the owner at this location, but the answer was that the owner is not available for you, and no further information.
When I called again later, another manager at this location happen to be the person who answered my call. After I explained my concern (se above) and asked the same question (if any renovation was done lately), she told me straightly if you read those bad reviews and then you should not come here.
However, when I asked the other hotels for the same question (if any renovation is done lately), other hotels directly addressed the question in details: what remolding they did this year, and what last year, and what the year before. The other hotels told me their renovations very quickly, without any hesitations.
I am wondering if a hotel has done renovations, why it can not tell a gust whose sole purpose is to determine if he or she should book to stay in this hotel?

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rabbittoo,
We are sorry that you decided not to stay at our hotel.
When you called us many times, you were given general information about renovations have been done such as renovated bath rooms, replaced wall covering, carpet and bed sets. we are sorry but we cannot answer questions like what type of paint was used or give owner's personal information. We ask you please read all our guests' reviews including positive where our guests appreciate our hotel.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Days Inn Scranton PA? Share your experiences!