“Excellent Value”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Holly Springs
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. My room and the lobby were immaculate and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

5 Thank Purdy T
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
We are so glad that you like our accommodations and service.
We put a lot of efforts to increase the value of our property keeping same affordable price.
Our great reward is when guest notices these efforts. It motivates us to strive even more for better results, so our all valued guests would come back agains.
Siva Myneni.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sarasota
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a non-smoking room but the corridors smelled of cigarette smoke. Our room did not smell though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
We are sorry that you have experienced a problem with cigarettesmoke smell.
Although most of our rooms and all the public are including corridors are non-smoking, as per Days Inn standards, we still have few smoking guest rooms left. Smoking rooms are located away from non-smoking rooms. In addition every floor has automatic air-refreshened and vents.
Unfortunately, a smoke smell reached, may be one of the guest opened the smoke room door.
Please know that your concern is addressed and once again sorry for the inconvience.
Tyrone
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My previous stay was not good (2 weeks prior to this particular stay). The staff was uncaring except for one person, she made the difference of a horrible stay to a better stay. I had rated everything and complained in the survey I took. Well, my complaints got a response. Two weeks later, I found myself having to go back to this hotel for business purposes. The change was noticable. The staff acknowledged me when I arrived back to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning. The place looked cleaner especially in my room.
Though everything needs updated from it"s current very dated look, I give the owner credit- he is taking care of some necessary improvements that you don"t see- ( idle conversation with a member of the staff ). For instance, boilers that keep the water hot for a long shower. A new roof- I noticed on my previous visit men walking around on the old roof and happened to notice from the window of my fourth floor room on this trip that the roof was new. In the days of smoking being taboo just about everywhere, at least this owner doesn't villify you for your choice to smoke and offers smoking rooms. The cable is good- lots of channels to choose from and the T.V. is a good size with good picture. The king rooms are generous in size. The microwaves and refrigerators are clean. The bed is comfy not too firm nor too soft. The storage is of dated quality but there's enough for putting your things away for a weeks stay. Only one nightstand next to the bed which was very inconvenient -I felt there was enough room for two with a little furniture moving. Not many receptacles are available; I had to unplug the clock in order to use my laptop and cell phone charger at the same time. The bathroom is clean so I didn't have to use my cleaner and clean it myself. As a frequent traveler, I've had to clean the bathroom myself in some surprising "big name ie, fancier" places. There is a pool but I've never used it. You'll pass by it if you enter from the rear parking lot on your way to the elevator. You will notice that the pool area needs a facelift (mural and some spaces beyond it- no idea what they are). The breakfast area is depressing and the selection is poor. The juice was good and there's a newspaper available every day. There's a bar/ reataurant on premises but I never went in. The doors to enter/ exit are heavy and hard to open, but hey, the owner IS trying to get the place fixed up. Rome wasn't built in a night and updating takea time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

5 Thank FANOFCHAMP
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to post your comments.
We appreciate you noticing our improvements and efforts towards better guest service.
We continue to strive on a daily basis to make our accommodations comfortable and affordable for all hotel guests.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have to agree with the other reviews... the lobby is dark and have a distinct odor as you walk in the lobby. We had a second thought about staying. But ended up having a great stay, the front desk person is very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast is not the best, but enough for an early morning grab. I ddnt have a problem sleeping, the bed is very comfortable. I didnt use the pool, but some member of the group did and say that the pool and jacuzzi is very refreshing.
We'll deffinitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank 961JanetNYC
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
Please know that every guests' comment is very important to us and your concern about lobby appearance is addressed.
We are working every day to upgrade our hotel in order to provide comfortable and secure atmosphere for all our guests.
Thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

This place isn't worth the money or time. It does smell and a lot of the cheap hookers stay with their man here...or the chippendales guys are scrownging around for sluts...which is also possible.
I'd just recommend going somewhere else....

• Stayed October 2011
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Staceytoy,
We do not have any information about your allegations.
We are respectable place long time in business.and we have frequent guests, who appreciate our accommodations.
We are family-oriented place: we host youth sports groups, boyscout troops, family reunions and many senior travelers.
This is the first time that we hear accusations such yours and we strongly object them.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It is very unusual for us to stay in the same chain more than once on any trip, but we had been driving in the rain all day and so we decided to take a chance. To our surprise the room was exactly the same as the Day's Inn a couple of nights before, just a different color. It looked as if it had undergone some renovations. Again the rooms were neat, and clean. The staff was great, answered all our questions and gave us great directions. I would stay here again

Room Tip: I require a 1st floor room when I travel, but the hotel was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Carlene K
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to post your review.
We appreciate you noticing our renovations and efforts to be best service to our guests.
We value every guest and try to make their stay as comfortable as we can.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
Siva Myneni/
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I read the reviews and enjoyed my stay here very much. I had a great room and it was clean. The Bar at the hotel was fun and friendly. The pool and hot tub were warm and clean. I will be back soon. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank jimmc66
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Thank you very much for your kind review.
Positive reinforcement from our guests incline us to strive even more towards improvement and refurbishing of our premises.
Even economy hotel, we have all the facilities, Exercise Room, Game Room, Lounge, restaurant with room service, Indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. We are offering the Best Prices in Scranton.
Please know that we recently replaced all bed sets with Simmons Beauty-rest pillow top mattress sets, replaced wall covering in rooms and bathrooms with the texture painting, replaced carpet in most rooms.We are providing Microwave and Fridge in all rooms.
Thanks again and hope to see you in the future.
Siva Myneni.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
Fairfield Inn Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton

Been to Days Inn Scranton PA? Share your experiences!