“Decent stay”

Days Inn Scranton PA
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I booked this hotel on Hotwire and had second thoughts after seeing all the reviews on here. After deciding to add an extra night before we even got there I was even more worried. However when we checked it we realized that most of the bad reviews on here are lies. Yes, it is an older building and needs some little work here and there (carpet baseboard was coming off in the closet area) but all in all it is a nice hotel. They see a lot of traffic from the natural gas workers in the area and families traveling through the area like our family did so yes it gets a lot of visitors. The breakfast was decent (waffles, cereal, bananas, donuts, juice). I would stay again and no I do not work for the hotel. I'm just a stay at home mom who's husband is on active duty in the Marine Corps. lol

Room Tip: We stayed by the desk so it was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lighthousefam
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to send us a comment.
Please know that we are very proud of such a great evaluation that you give us.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize it by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.
We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Thank you.
Siva myneni.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Not only was it filthy, it was dark, gloomy and weird people were hanging out in the lobby. I slept fully dressed, shoes included. The bar was disgusting, too. Everything I touched was sticky. Walked to the front desk to check out, a guy came out from the back with his head down and turned around and went to the back again, totally ignoring us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Guest,
We are sorry that you feel this way.
We truly value the business, and if we would hear from you during your stay with us, we would take necessary actions to accommodate you as best as we can.
All our rooms are rented every night, we have many frequent and long-term guests, who appreciate our amenities and service.
We work on daily basis to present good accommodations for all of our guests. Just recently, we replaced all bed sets and wall-covering in all rooms, renovated bathrooms and continue to upgrade our property.
Please know that your comments are addressed.
Thank you.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

My room was clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The hotel could use some upgrading. I wasn't crazy about the bar being downstairs. Because of the bar patrons, the parking lot was always filled to capacity and they usually got the best parking spaces, while the hotel patrons had to park way in the back of the building. Also, the bar allowed smoking and I think the smoke found its way up through the hotel. The parking lot could also use more lighting.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share your comments.
Our hotel is fully occupied every night; we have many repeated customers and long-term guests. Our parking lot is large enough to accommodate hotel and lounge guests. We have one acre additional parking for 100 cars on the back of the hotel building. We are sorry that guests who came later have to park where space is available.
Thank you again for your comments and sorry for the inconvenience.
We hope to serve your future travel need.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Staff was friendly. The place is a bit worn but not dirty, with the exception of the elevator which was filthy. Our room the was worn but clean, spacious and had a nice jacuzzi tub in it. Awkward but clean bathroom. Old, beat furniture, but comfortable bed. Nice pool. I will agree the parking lot is treacherous. The continental breakfast was sufficient, nothing fancy.

For the price, we would stay again, but don't expect anything more than basic. Great location; lots of shopping and restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Room with Jacuzzi tub a bit small but nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoinNJ
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments!
Please know that every guest comment is very important to us, because it helps us to make our accommodations more comfortable and correct problems, if there are any.
We appreciate you taking your time to share with us your recent experience.
Please stay with us again, so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during the weekend of August 6th and we loved it.

Positives
-------------

The locations is wonderful and close to major restaurants and shopping malls.

The staff is courteous and amenities are nice. We really enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfat is appetizing.

The room is big enough for our family and the beds are nice (pillowtop).
Defenitely come back to stay. Its worth for the $$.

Negatives:
--------------

The parking lot requires lot of maintainance. Hard to get parking space in the front Exercise room needs new equipment.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike G
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments.
We are very glad that you appreciate our location, staff and our amenities.
Just recently we replaced all our bed sets with Simmons Beautyrest Classic Trevor Pillowtop mattresses, and it is nice to know that guests find our new mattresses comfortable to sleep on.
In regards to the exercise room: please know, recently we purchased and installed new treadmill and we are planning to replace some other exercise equipment in the future.
We strive on daily basis to improve our accommodations: currently we are working on our parking lot-repairing cracks and painting lines. Sometimes winter is harsh in our area and cold temperatures and snow affects parking surface.
Thanks again for your comments.
We hope you will use our hotel for your future travel needs.
General Manager.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel and was treated like dirt from the moment I arrived. i was accused of having more than 5 people in my room (there were only four) and the front desk threatened to call the police on me WHEN I SIGNED IN. I was discriminated against because I am young and look like a camp counselor, but I was by no means there to party. In fact, the hotel had no problems withe me after Sunita check me in. I was also told that I was not allowed to be in the lobby. When I called to complain, I received a letter saying that members of my party were intoxicated and using profanity at the hotel staff--clearly talking about a different party than mine. The letters went so far as so accuse me of discrimination against the female staff members. I have called to complain several times, only to be hung up on and yelled at by Lolita and other members of the hotel staff. They told me because there actually WASNT a problem with me, I couldn't get my money back--but if there had been a problem, I also wouldn't, quite the catch 22.

Besides the utter lack of customer service, this hotel is dirty, damp, and reeks of cigarette smoke. You are better off lighting $100 on fire and sleeping in your car than staying at this horrible excuse for a hotel. Days Inn corporate should consider shutting it down completely.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
Please know that when guests create disturbance to other hotel guests, the duty of the front desk is to stop the disturbance and maintain peace on hotel premises. Your group of people was gathering in the lobby making a lot of noise and causing inconvenience to other guests. When front desk asked your friends to quiet down and explained hotel policies in regards to the number of people allowed in a guest room according to the Fire Act, and behavior in public place, she was verbally insulted by them as they used profanity at the front desk and she felt upset and discriminated.
We respect all our guests and appreciate business. Our guests and our staff are people of different national origin, race, gender, age and religion. We do not tolerate any discrimination towards anyone on our premises. We do not tolerate any disturbance to other hotel guests.
According to our video surveillance, your group including you was causing disturbance in the lobby up to 2.15 a.m.
-Siva Myneni.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

From the lobby to the room, dirty, smelly,damp. The toilet ran every 15 to 20 minutes.Sheet as dirty and smelly as everything else. Furniture had a sticky feel. The floor could not be walked on with bare feet because it was dirty and damp. The pool in as bad condition as everything else.After one night I asked for a refund for my remaining stay but was told that because I did not book directly with them they would not. The remaining days,to say the least, were the most horrible I have ever experienced. There was also a bad incident the last night which I documented with the night clerk. I left at 3AM because of this. The manager refused my calls. I hope this will discourage anyone else from booking at this horrible, horrible place.

Room Tip: Dirty, damp,horrible smells in room and lobby. Non-smoking room smelled of stale smoke.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank millie91
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton PA, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Dear Guest,
We are sorry that you feel this way. If we would hear from you during your four nights stay, we would immediately take necessary actions to accommodate you as best as we can. You did not give us an opportunity to correct problems that you might have experienced. We provide daily housekeeping service and maintenance for all guests unless they, such as in your case, display DO NOT DISTURB sign outside room door for the entire stay. We checked the toilet after your departure and did not find anything wrong with it.
We maintain our property in good condition; frequently wash room carpet, clean air filters and use approved room deodorizers. We have many frequent guests and long-term stay guests who appreciate our amenities.
Our pool is very popular, and well-maintained. Our certified applicator checks it twice daily to make sure it complies with public bathing standards.
In regards to 3.00 a.m. departure; according to our records there was a wake –up call set for 3.00 a.m., because you requested and had to leave early on your personal reasons.
Please know that I discussed all your issues with the staff.
Siva Myneni.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Scranton PA? Share your experiences!