“Quiet and clean!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
“Quiet and clean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night and was pleased with the staff and room. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. They have a snack bar if you want to stay in. Overall vertu happy with this choice since our last stay in the area by the airport was terrible. Free shuttle service too!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eiffel82
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. We always appreciate hearing from happy guests.
We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We are returning from a week at a fancy convention and this room is nicer! Stylish with all the amenadies. Bathrooms could use a little renovating but the couch and sitting area make up for it. Large full length mirrors. Fridge, micro, and noon checkout...

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jereitz3549
We appreciate your great review and are glad that you liked the quality and value that we offer. We hope to see you on your next trip to Scranton.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have becoming here for years and I love the staff. Bev has always made sure I'm well taken care of and her and Jan treat me like family. Renee is a little new to me but I was surprised to notice that she also treated me like she's known me for years along with Stephanie who can always find a way to make me laugh. The renovations recently made are awesome. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to feel comfortable and relaxed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank patrick b
Thanks for the great review. Our staff always appreciates hearing that their efforts are appreciated.
Lynn Haven, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have spent much of the last 2 years in hotels due to traveling for my job. This hotel has far exceeded my expectations. They have went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was always pleasant. special thanks to Renee at the front desk for her attention to detail and being attentative to me needs.

Roosevelt McGee

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We love hearing from our long term guests. We glad that you're happy with our accomodations and staff. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to all your future stays.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

First let me start off by sharing that, I LOVE the changes and the renovations Comfort Suites has made. It looks like a Brand New hotel! I love the lobby and all the new furniture in the rooms. As soon as you walk into the rooms you can tell they are freshly done. I decided to stay because I am having renovations done at my house and just needed a place to relax for the weekend, so my friend and I stayed. A girl by the name of Carey checked us in. She was really nice and personable. From what I can see she is very customer service focused and should be commended for a job well done. As soon as my friend and I walked in the foor she made us feel incredibly welcome. I thank her for that because I was rather tired when I got there and rather anxious to just get checked into a room. I also love your new "Comfort Suites sweet shop!" I think it adds a nice touch to your lobby. I also love all of your new tables and booths in the breakfast area. I think booth's are awesome! and always prefer a booth when I go out to eat.

Also, the breakfast lady Janet, was wonderful. Very hospitable and friendly. She talked with us both days and always asked "how is everything?" Also, Jenna at the front desk was also very nice. Our room was very nice and I can't find one thing to complain about. I am only going to mention one thing, just so maintanence can fix it.

Everytime we sat on one of the beds(the bed we weren't using) The lamps and the alarm clock would come unplugged. While we were there we had one of the housekeepers come and check it out(because the lamps would not turn on) and she said it looked like a loose plug or something. So maybe something just needs to be tightened. Again it didn't bother us, but just want to let you know so another guest wont experience the same problem when they check in.

It was also nice to see Dan and Beverly after a lot of years. It's nice to see they are still running things as this hotel is terrific. My only disappointment was that I didn't get to see Teddy and Kay, but I'm sure I'll bump into them when I come back. Thanks again, Comfort Suties

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Taurus2107
We're very pleased with the outcome of the recent renovations and are happy to hear that you like them as well. Our staff tries very hard to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome and we're glad that you appreciated their efforts. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This place is being renovated, our rooms included. At the time of our visit our rooms (2 families) were relatively worn and dated, but they were clean and comfortable. We wanted connecting rooms and we were able to get them on a busy weekend. The rooms had jacuzzis, which the kids loved especially after spending the day skiing and snowboarding. The manager gave us notice about the condition of the rooms prior to checking in, and it helped to manage our expectations. The manager was also very accommodating and did a great job answering our questions and providing us with information. The staff at the front desk were always friendly and helpful. The fresh baked cookies in the lobby during the evening were a lovely touch! We also had the pleasure of sitting by the fire and television in the lobby late one evening, and pretty much had the area to ourselves - felt like the living room at a friends place. Also love the proximity to Montage Mountain for skiing/snowboarding (the purpose of our visit). The pool area was also nice, and it was very convenient to be able to do some laundry. We hear the pool, common areas, game room, and other guest rooms will be renovated. The rooms down the hall from ours had just been finished and they look great! Unfortunately the game room was not available during our stay due to renovations, but I'm sure when it's all done it will be a great space.

The breakfast was pretty decent, and there was a variety. Scrambled eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, cold cereal, bagels, english muffins, donuts, cinnamon buns, fruit, yogurt, juice, tea, coffee, and a few other items. There was enough seating for everyone (we were there during Presidents Day weekend). The area was also well maintained and stocked.

We look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank honydred
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The renovations are almost done and we're anxious for everyone to see the finished product. I know my staff will appreciate your comments about them.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Beach Lake, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The ground floor was being renovated while we were there. It was only noisy during the day and someone came to the third floor to vacuum any stray dust each day we were there. The rooms were clean, but clearly outdated. Hopefully, next time I stay there, all the rooms will be remodeled. My only real complaint is finding the hotel when you exit I81. The GPS on my phone gave ambiguous directions. Study a map before you get in the car, to avoid confusion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 551melm
Thank you for your review. I apologize about the confusion at the exit and wish that we could do more to make it less confusing. We hope you will come back and see us in the future.