“Very Clean & Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Lebanon, NJ
“Very Clean & Comfortable”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Had a very pleasant one-night stay here while visiting Steamtown. This is a very clean, comfortable hotel with spacious rooms. Breakfast was excellent, very nice pool and spa. Location convenient to Scranton. Would definitely return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thanks for your nice comments. We hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Fontana, California, USA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was so happy they were so very accommodating. I had my luggage delayed. they were so nice to place my luggage in my room the following day when it finally got there. January was so helpful since my Credit Card was lost. They helped me every step of the way....I want to thank the Staff for all of the help they provided to me. I travel a lot and have never encountered a nicer bunch of people.

I look forward to my next visit!!
Thanks,

Patrick

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you. We're glad you had such an enjoyable experience. I'll make sure to tell January how much you appreciated her help.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff was very nice, Liz was at the top of her game all weekend. She help with everything that I forgot and explained the area and all the right places to eat and play. Thanks Liz for making the weekend a success. The hotel was very clean and the game room and pool was a plus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jonathan h
Thank you. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to Liz.
Chicago
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff was nice and was willing to relocate us once we discovered we were booked next to the ice machine. I liked the way the room was laid out -- kind of divided into separate areas for eating and sleeping -- but the room was a bit runned-down, and the furniture was a little beat up. Like one of the earlier reviewers, we had a bathroom door that opened inward into the area where the toilet and shower were, and you practically had to do acrobatics to get around the door. The towel bar near the shower fell off of the wall when we tried to use the towel hung there, and the shower head was defective and sprayed water all over the ceiling and floor until we adjusted it. Without going into a lot of detail, there was a disgusting stain in the bathroom that implied it hadn't been cleaned before we occupied it. I think the room had good potential with a little repair and cleaning.

Room Tip: Be mindful of the location of the ice machine when booking your room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We will be starting a complete renovation within the next few months and hopefully you will try us again. I'm glad you appreciated the efforts of my staff. We hope to see you again.
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 20, 2013

On the plus side, the front desk clerk was really nice and the mid-week AAA rate was only $99/night plus tax. Also, the bed was very comfortable and the suite had a small dining table which was great since we arrived late and brought take-out there with us. Now, on the downside - - the room looked like it hasn't been updated in twenty years except for the flat screen tv.
Also, the bathroom setup is very strange. The small sink is outside the bathroom itself and next to the kitchenette area. The bathroom is so tiny you can barely get in and out because the door is so close to the commode. The shower had a low-flow shower head with no pressure whatsoever - ugghhhh. We were on the 4th floor which had no ice machine so we had to make long trips to fill the ice bucket.
I'd say that if this is one of the nicest places in Scranton, then stay in another town. But this area is not exactly the land of 4 star hotels. But if you just need a place to catch some Zzzzz's this place will suffice.

Room Tip: No ice machine/vending on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TvGirl19606
We will be undergoing a complete renovation within the next few months and hopefully you'll like us better the next time.
Groveland
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were traveling through Scranton for one night and decided to stop at the Comfort Inn based on positive TA reviews and being Choice Hotel members. Check in took a while even though we were the only ones in line as the gentleman behind the desk was busy doing some paperwork and the lady by his side was engaged in an animated and rather loud conversation of the personal nature on the phone. After several minutes he looked up from his paperwork and rather aloofly got my information for check in. I had read other reviews about the nice views so I asked if there was an upper floor room available to which the clerk responded in an aggravated tone, "That's what I'm looking for". Well, sorry Kreskin, I didn't know you could read minds....Eventually we got to our third floor room and when I pulled back the curtains I saw that we had an incredible view...of the side wall of the Hampton Inn directly across from us.
Before I get too negative, there are some good things about this property. The grounds, lobby, and dining areas are clean and well maintained. Even the hallways are kept at a cool temperature and have a fresh smell. Our room was clean and fresh as well, with very comfortable bedding and plush towels. The flat screen TV was larger than what's typically offered but for some reason that entire night all the lower channels up to 30 were randomly pixilated and scrambled, which limited our viewing choices considerably. Wi-Fi was also hit or miss, offering limited access most of the time. The bathroom was kind of comical; in addition to the barely there water pressure in the shower, the room itself is extremely small but with a huge door that when opened just barely missed the commode and nearly reached the far side of the wall. Once inside, you had to back yourself against the wall next to the commode to make room for the door to close and wedge yourself in the opposite corner to open it again. I can only imagine the problems 'plus sized' people have with this set-up.
We were looking forward to a breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage, but these were a disappointment as well. We've run across these 'egg products' before and I'm not really sure if they're freeze dried or re-constituted somehow but the result is a mass of yellow colored dried out crumbles that bear little resemblance to real scrambled eggs. The rest of the food items were standard issue meat patties and the usual cold items with one toaster working overtime to handle the roomful of people waiting for their muffins and bagels.
Overall, this was an ok place for an overnighter but the glitches made it less enjoyable than we hoped for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank billdozerGroveland
I apologize for making you feel unwelcome. I was the person that checked you in and I was completing a reservation at the time and wanted to make sure that I had everything correct. I'm not making excuses because every guest that walks in the door deserves full attention.
The woman working with me was actually not on a private call but was talking with a Motorcoach operator who was arriving that evening with a tour group. I probably sounded personal because it was someone that we deal with all the time. Please accept my apology.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Scranton on our way to Atlantic city. It was a good location since it's just off Hwy 81. We had a suite for a family of four. The room was clean and spacious, and everything in the room seems to work fine. Breakfast was the usual fare, but the breakfast area was also spacious with many tables, and it felt relaxing having breakfast or just coffee there. The staff are friendly enough. There is a nice size pool on the ground level - a nice place to relax in for a few minutes. Express Check out was a breeze. When approaching the hotel from the highway, be careful when you turn into Montage Mountain Road from Davis Road, the turn in is after the traffic lights at the intersection; if one turns before the lights, one turns into Hwy 81 north - and the next exit will be 3 miles away to get back. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for it's cleanliness and friendliness.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the ground level where the pool and fitness room is located.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. We're glad you enjoyed your stay even though you had a little trouble finding us. We hope to see you again.