We stayed here last weekend in one of the renovated rooms. Very nice amenities. If going for skiing, this'd be a great location (foot of Montage Mountain)...it was a bit out of the way for us, as we were doing things right in Scranton - but still not far to travel back & forth if need be.
Muggs Bar & Grill shares a parking lot with the Hampton Inn - not gourmet, but fine.
Pool's quite heated, hot tub has powerful jets. Didn't use the fitness room, but looked pretty standard.
Staff is very helpful & friendly, breakfast is plentiful, but not delicious.. but it's included in your price, and you do get hot AND cold selections, even fruit salad.
And they had what we called the "outdoor living room" - rattan furniture outside the breakfast area. The weather was great, so that's where WE ate! :)
Overall, we'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between the Allegheny Mountains and the Pocono Mountains, our Hampton Inn® hotel in Scranton at Montage Mountain is just a mile from one of the most popular ski slopes in the Northeast. In fact, you can even watch skiers on Sno Mountain from our warm and cozy lobby. Reserve a room with a mountain view and fireplace here at the Hampton Inn hotel in Scranton at Montage Mountain, and you'll have a recipe for a vacation you'll never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Scranton At Montage Mountain Hotel Scranton
- Scranton Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Montage Mountain