“Hometown Feel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Gilbertsville, United States
“Hometown Feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel when visiting the greater Scranton Area. Staff is always very helpful & extremely friendly. Definitely a must stay at hotel! Rooms are clean and quiet, beds are comfortable. The internet is quick; there is also a computer for your use if you happen to forget yours! The complimentary breakfast is very good and has a nice selection, including grab and go style for all you business travelers! It is centrally located in Moosic, PA at the base of Montage Mountain and the Shoppes at Montage!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Rosemary,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, the amenities, and the local area! Thank you so much for the feedback and the kind comments. I will make sure to pass your comments along to our team. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Scranton/Moosic area. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Berkley,MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The stay at this Inn was the last on a two week cross country drive. Since I enjoy Hampton Inns and had stayed in quite a few, I used Hilton Honor points for this reservation. I had not used points before so I didn't know what to expect. Well, I was treated as well as any Inn I have stayed at. The room provided was great .The facility is very nice and the view from the rooms facing the mountain and ski slope is beautiful. The indoor pool and spar area is really nice. Seated in the big hot tub you get the same great view of the mountain. Breakfast was top notch. I didn't pay to stay here but rest assured if I'm in the area again, this is where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Mountain (back of the Hotel) offer a great view.
1 Thank joe651
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Joe,

Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel! We really appreciate the feedback, and I will be sure to share this review with our team. The views of the mountain are beautiful, and I'm glad that you got to enjoy them. Thank you for staying with us and being a Hilton Honors member. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Scranton area.
Dupont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience. Entire hotel was very clean and orderly. Staff was very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was much more than "continental". My family enjoyed the pool and business area, which was very convenient.

Lillian,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that you and your family were able to enjoy several of our amenities. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Scranton area.
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hampton Inns have gotten more expensive over the past few years, but I don't mind (too much!) because so far they have never let me down. My daughter and I walked into the
Hampton Inn Scranton At Montage Mountain late at night, road-tired and ready for a break. We were greeted by a friendly, smiling desk clerk and checked in quickly and efficiently. The room was spacious and comfortable, the bathroom was nice, and both were clean. All of these are exactly what you need when you're on a road trip.

We didn't partake of the breakfast buffet, so I can't comment on that. But the decor of the lobby was attractive, the food area was clean, and the layout seemed good.

Like some other travelers, I had a little trouble finding the entrance into the complex where the hotel is located. I wish it were marked better. And the bed wasn't quite as comfortable as I've had at other Hamptons, but my daughter said hers was great. All in all, I'd go back.

Thank you, Hampton Inn!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you and your daughter enjoyed our hotel and everything met your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hampton Inn Montage Mountain is a lovely property. All of the staff are exceptionally helpful and pleasant. In general, if your request is reasonable, they will try to help you. Pool is very nice for a break from winter outside. Breakfast is good for this price point. Hot eggs in chafing dish and different hot dish each day. Plenty to eat.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have hot tubs and king size bed with fireplace. Personally, I didn't need the upgr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Jeffrey,

I will be sure to share your kind comments with our team! Our goal is to provide excellent service and your feedback helps us greatly. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of our amenities, including the pool and breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Allentown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great experience. Not many hotels in the area have rooms with a hot tub and fireplace which makes this hotel unique. Employees were friendly and the room was clean. The breakfast was great as well. Good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay in our King Suite! One of the best features of our suties are the whirlpools and fireplaces, so I'm glad that you enjoyed them. We look forward to seeing you again next time you vist the Scranton area.
River Vale,NJ, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel is clean and I was put in a great, spacious room with jaccuzzi and fireplace..real nice. Check in went a little slow but not unreasonable. Quality of breakfast could be somewhat upgraded but was still acceptable. Heat/air was a little noisy but the room features more than made up for it..would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Aaron,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay wtih us. We will be making a few breakfast changes in the near future, so next time you visit hopfully you'll notice the upgrades! I'll be sure to check on the AC Unit in your room regarding the noise issue, thank you for letting us know and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Been to Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain? Share your experiences!