“Third stay and more to follow!”

Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Whitestone, New York
“Third stay and more to follow!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Hampton Inn is very conveniently located and close to all attractions in the Scranton area. It's an easy exit from the interstate and just minutes to the Mall at Steamtown, the shops in Moosic and the universities. The staff was very courteous and helpful and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Coffee and tea is available 24/7.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Soozi13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
toronto
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have already submitted several detailed reviews on this property..but it keeps getting better. The rooms and lobby have been renovated since my last stay. The hotel staff were knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful...special thanks to the girl who arranged my initial reservation and the breakfast lady--I left 'catch me at my best' notes for the manager about them (were they received?) The breakfast is sumptuous--there are two make your own waffle makers and many choices, both healthy and not so healthy...fresh fruit salad, yogurt, hot and cold cereals, breads and bagels, danishes and muffins, milk, coffee, tea, fresh juices... The bedding is the usual Hampton gold standard--extremely comfortable and also extremely clean--not only are the sheets fresh, but so are the duvet covers. One improvement I would like to see is an additional computer..one is hardly adequate if someone chooses to hog the computer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank ShifraToronto
york, pa
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in room 417 and just checked out today. I liked my room and the front desk staff was fast and efficient. I had a connecting room, which I don't like due to noise. My neighbor during the night was quiet. However, the housekeeper was NOISY! She was cleaning the room next door. I was in the shower and heard this loud BANG coming from the room she was in, I turned off the shower and heard a second loud bang. This time I could tell it was the toilet seat and lid being left to crash onto toilet. She then started coughing like she was going to cough up a lung. I got to enjoy hearing her when she was in the other room beside me! She was the loudest housekeeper I have ever heard, and believe me, she made sure she was heard! This basically ruined my stay. The internet was also extremely slow and aggravating. I will now be staying at the Clarks Summit Hampton when I am in that area.

Room Tip: They have adjoining rooms, so if you don't like them, be sure that you aren't placed in one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stratford
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We arrived at 2AM on a Saturday morning for a two night stay. That arrival time mean that our room was listed as vacant on the housekeeping list so our room did not get made up for our second evening, but somehow (I guess because we're so tough) we survived.

The staff were all ver courteous, friendly and helpful. Lori at the front desk had lots of great info about Scranton and area.

The hotel is not really 'close' to downtown' but it's about a 7 minute drive to almost anywhere in the city anyway. It IS close, however, to PNC Field which was perfect for us.

The hotel has recently been renovated and the rooms were simple but clean.

The include breakfast was enough to get our family of four rolling in the morning.

Great spot. We'd love to come back!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room facing the mountain on the back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

A group of 11 women stayed in this hotel for a get a way weekend. Upon check in on Friday we asked if the shuttle would be available for Saturday night after our race and told that it was. Saturday night came and we were told that we could not have shuttle service due to 'traffic' in town. Upon questioning this, we were greeted no consideration for what we requested. We had to then summon 3 cabs to go to dinner, which 1 shuttle could have handled rather quickly. As a gold Hilton member, I find this very disappointing that promises are not kept and staff would rather find out who said the shuttle was available then help us out.

• Stayed May 2013
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and we will make the necessary adjustments. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This Hampton is not as nice as I have come to expect from this brand. There is no refrigerator/microwave unit. The furniture was dusty, particularly the shelves. Daily housekeeping was not more than a towel change and straightening of the bed. The amenities offered in the Hampton's I have stayed in, were not entirely present in this one. On the plus side, the breakfast was very good, and the area was kept clean and tidy. The staff was pleasant and the location is very nice and picturesque! I like Hampton's generally, and will stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CJM1987
Moosic, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Clean beautiful hotel. Great accommodations!, Pool and fitness center terrific! clean and updated! Rooms comfortable even with 3 children in 1 room! Staff courteous and helpful! The breakfast is plentiful too! Small arcade area great to entertain kids!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Been to Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain? Share your experiences!