“Not my favorite hotel anymore..housekeeping loud and internet slow”

Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
york, pa
“Not my favorite hotel anymore..housekeeping loud and internet slow”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in room 417 and just checked out today. I liked my room and the front desk staff was fast and efficient. I had a connecting room, which I don't like due to noise. My neighbor during the night was quiet. However, the housekeeper was NOISY! She was cleaning the room next door. I was in the shower and heard this loud BANG coming from the room she was in, I turned off the shower and heard a second loud bang. This time I could tell it was the toilet seat and lid being left to crash onto toilet. She then started coughing like she was going to cough up a lung. I got to enjoy hearing her when she was in the other room beside me! She was the loudest housekeeper I have ever heard, and believe me, she made sure she was heard! This basically ruined my stay. The internet was also extremely slow and aggravating. I will now be staying at the Clarks Summit Hampton when I am in that area.

Room Tip: They have adjoining rooms, so if you don't like them, be sure that you aren't placed in one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Stratford
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We arrived at 2AM on a Saturday morning for a two night stay. That arrival time mean that our room was listed as vacant on the housekeeping list so our room did not get made up for our second evening, but somehow (I guess because we're so tough) we survived.

The staff were all ver courteous, friendly and helpful. Lori at the front desk had lots of great info about Scranton and area.

The hotel is not really 'close' to downtown' but it's about a 7 minute drive to almost anywhere in the city anyway. It IS close, however, to PNC Field which was perfect for us.

The hotel has recently been renovated and the rooms were simple but clean.

The include breakfast was enough to get our family of four rolling in the morning.

Great spot. We'd love to come back!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room facing the mountain on the back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

A group of 11 women stayed in this hotel for a get a way weekend. Upon check in on Friday we asked if the shuttle would be available for Saturday night after our race and told that it was. Saturday night came and we were told that we could not have shuttle service due to 'traffic' in town. Upon questioning this, we were greeted no consideration for what we requested. We had to then summon 3 cabs to go to dinner, which 1 shuttle could have handled rather quickly. As a gold Hilton member, I find this very disappointing that promises are not kept and staff would rather find out who said the shuttle was available then help us out.

• Stayed May 2013
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and we will make the necessary adjustments. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This Hampton is not as nice as I have come to expect from this brand. There is no refrigerator/microwave unit. The furniture was dusty, particularly the shelves. Daily housekeeping was not more than a towel change and straightening of the bed. The amenities offered in the Hampton's I have stayed in, were not entirely present in this one. On the plus side, the breakfast was very good, and the area was kept clean and tidy. The staff was pleasant and the location is very nice and picturesque! I like Hampton's generally, and will stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CJM1987
Moosic, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Clean beautiful hotel. Great accommodations!, Pool and fitness center terrific! clean and updated! Rooms comfortable even with 3 children in 1 room! Staff courteous and helpful! The breakfast is plentiful too! Small arcade area great to entertain kids!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a sorry excuse for a Hampton Inn. The rooms are small, the beds are old, the hall carpets are dirty as is the elevator. We choose Hampton Inn for the beds (cloud 9), the good linens and the size of the rooms. This Hampton Inn has none of our requirements. There are new Marriott properties a few minutes away, they will get our business next trip.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
scrantonhimontage, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2013

everything was spotless; very courteous staff; excellent facilities. Overall experience excellent; Hampton Inn is a brand that generally can be trusted anywhere as I have personnally experienced it for over 20 years; rarely been dissapointed.

Room Tip: kingbed room are very comfortable
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Been to Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain? Share your experiences!