“Decent Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. I stayed for one night. It was the only hilton property that had a room within one hour of where I needed to go. Hotel is a bit out dated. Staff is very very very friendly. I liked them a lot. The room was your standard hampton inn. The bed was as expected. The staff made up for the slight lack luster of this place. I would recommend to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff. We hope the next time you are traveling for business in the Scranton area you stay with us again. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Member.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this place last-minute for a quick ski trip...The manager was so helpful and gave us a discounted room. It was immaculate. The rest of the staff was just terrific. Tons of places to shop and it just felt like I was on a real vacation (even though I was only 2 hours away).

Service is everything...and they do it well!!

Room Tip: We got a room that overlooked the mountain w/ a jacuzzi! Amazing!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie T

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Scranton while enjoying your weekend getaway skiing at Sno Mountain and shopping! I am so glad you enjoyed our Jacuzzi Suite, with the views of Sno Mountain. We hope to see you the next time you need a weekend vacation!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to this Hampton Inn to celebrate our anniversary this past weekend. We were very pleased upon entering the lobby, it was very clean and bright. Beautifully decorated. We got a jacuzzi suite and we were very happy with it, until we went into the bathroom and it obviously had not been cleaned very well. There was some kind of substance on the vanity and 3 hairballs laying on the floor. Also the ottoman on the end of the bed was covered with hair. We were going to ask for another room but when we checked in, it sounded like the other rooms were full. The hotel is located off of I-81 and was easy to navigate to Montage Mountain for shopping, food & skiing. The breakfast in the morning was normal for a hotel. Nice selection of choices. Staff working in the breakfast room were very nice. I wish I would have known they give out complementary water bottles at the front desk, my boyfriend had gone to every vending machine looking for a bottle of water and they were all sold out! We definitely should have read the reviews on this hotel before coming for all the tips.
After being really excited about this nice hotel, and coming to a dirty room....not sure if we will return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy A

I'm terribly sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us. Cleanliness is a very important part of our daily operations and what helps make guests have a great experience. We're taking your review to our head of housekeeping and reviewing current protocols and offering additional training opportunities to ensure we're doing all we can to ensure cleanliness. Please accept my sincere apologies and we hope you give us another chance to show you our true hospitality.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hamton Inn Montage Mountain on our way to New York City. I could not be more pleased with this property as well as the wonderful staff!

This property is newly renovated, with all the best amenities that you need for a nice stay with your family.

The staff was so friendly and doting on my family, that I could not have asked for more. Upon my departure, I was filling up my own water bottles at the water fountain when the lovely girl at the front desk ran up to me and gave me 4 fresh water bottles for the road!!!

If I am ever in the area again, I will stay at this property again! Thank you!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank RMZB

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain! We are glad to hear you liked our renovations and had an enjoyable stay! We hope to see you the next time you are passing through the Scranton area.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Have been staying at Hampton for years and this one twice a year. I was shocked! Could only find paper cups in my room, when I asked at the desk they said that was all they had. Not a good way to relax with a drink after driving all day. Mgr sent email that this was policy! Really? I was disappointed. Even plastic would have been better! Compressor very noisy all night. (why was it even on?) I think the time has come to explore a different chain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 560Frank

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the inconveniences you endured while staying with us. We want you to know that we cherish your business and loyalty and we strive to accommodate each and every guest. However, it is our policy to have disposable cups in our guest rooms. Again, I apologize if this does not meet your needs but we hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon. Thanks.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in late November on our way to see family in Maryland. Conveniently located just out of Scranton off I-81, the hotel met our needs well. As reported by others, the staff were friendly and the clean modern rooms were quiet. The room was well-priced.The only caution I would have is that the wireless internet connection was unusually slow and kept disconnecting me--a bit of an annoyance. Otherwise, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I am glad you had a pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn Scranton! We strive in customer service and cleanliness! We hope on your next time through the Scranton area you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I must say that I stay in at least 3-4 hotels a week, and this is the only place I look forward to staying at! The staff at this Hotel know how to make someone feel Welcome, from Lori to Ryan to Kaylie (SP) you are always welcomed with a smiling face! They go above and beyond to ensure each guest is treated with respect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hutch H

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Scranton! Our number one goal is to make our guests feel Welcome and Relaxed! We look forward to seeing you in 2013!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Been to Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain? Share your experiences!