“A great value and a pleasant stay!”

Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Mississauga, Ontario
“A great value and a pleasant stay!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hamton Inn Montage Mountain on our way to New York City. I could not be more pleased with this property as well as the wonderful staff!

This property is newly renovated, with all the best amenities that you need for a nice stay with your family.

The staff was so friendly and doting on my family, that I could not have asked for more. Upon my departure, I was filling up my own water bottles at the water fountain when the lovely girl at the front desk ran up to me and gave me 4 fresh water bottles for the road!!!

If I am ever in the area again, I will stay at this property again! Thank you!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank RMZB
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain! We are glad to hear you liked our renovations and had an enjoyable stay! We hope to see you the next time you are passing through the Scranton area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Norfolk, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Have been staying at Hampton for years and this one twice a year. I was shocked! Could only find paper cups in my room, when I asked at the desk they said that was all they had. Not a good way to relax with a drink after driving all day. Mgr sent email that this was policy! Really? I was disappointed. Even plastic would have been better! Compressor very noisy all night. (why was it even on?) I think the time has come to explore a different chain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 560Frank
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the inconveniences you endured while staying with us. We want you to know that we cherish your business and loyalty and we strive to accommodate each and every guest. However, it is our policy to have disposable cups in our guest rooms. Again, I apologize if this does not meet your needs but we hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon. Thanks.
Harwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in late November on our way to see family in Maryland. Conveniently located just out of Scranton off I-81, the hotel met our needs well. As reported by others, the staff were friendly and the clean modern rooms were quiet. The room was well-priced.The only caution I would have is that the wireless internet connection was unusually slow and kept disconnecting me--a bit of an annoyance. Otherwise, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am glad you had a pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn Scranton! We strive in customer service and cleanliness! We hope on your next time through the Scranton area you stay with us again.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I must say that I stay in at least 3-4 hotels a week, and this is the only place I look forward to staying at! The staff at this Hotel know how to make someone feel Welcome, from Lori to Ryan to Kaylie (SP) you are always welcomed with a smiling face! They go above and beyond to ensure each guest is treated with respect.

1 Thank Hutch H
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Scranton! Our number one goal is to make our guests feel Welcome and Relaxed! We look forward to seeing you in 2013!
Freeport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Have stayed here for business twice in the last month. One of the better free continental breakfasts- hot eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, bagels, and the usuals of fruit, cereal and toast. Nice, clean, fairly modern rooms, quiet, and adequate accomodations -nothing over the top. Only problem was little to no hot water in the shower - both times I've stayed. Some of the other members of my party stated the same problems with hot water - on both trips. Hopefully this gets fixed, I know I'm not planning on staying there again as a result. Otherwise I'd give it 5 stars. Not the best location if you're going for pleasure or business, but it's convenient to the industrial areas.

2 Thank Brian D
We are very sorry for the quality of service you received during your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters. We know how important a hot shower is and your comments will help us to improve the situation. We want you to know that we appreciate your business and loyalty and we hope you will consider staying with us at again in the future and experience our true Hamptonality
Las Vegas
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I spent three nights at this location. I travel very frequently and stay at Hampton Inns all over the US and this one is on the upper end of the spectrum. The bathroom was virtually spotless and everything in my guest room was clean and in good condition. I stayed on the top floor and didn't notice road noise or sounds from adjacent rooms. The usual Hampton breakfast spread was presented well, there are plenty of HD channels on the TV, and all staff members I encountered were friendly. I plan to stay here again on my next trip to Scranton.

1 Thank jhutchey
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Scranton! We are so glad to hear you frequent Hampton Inn’s on your travels. We can’t wait to have you as a guest again shortly. Have a wonderful Holiday!
Worcester, MA
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We just spent 13 nights at the Hampton Inn in Scranton, PA, and were both pleasantly surprised.
The breakfast buffet (6 a.m. - 10 a.m.) has a lot to offer, every night there were oven fresh cookies in the lounge.
When we had trouble with our shower (the water did not go down), Richard, the plumber, took care of it on the same morning.
The entire staff was always kind and very helpful.
We had room #132 which is to the side of the building, away from the highway and very quiet.
The mattresses seemed a bit soft at first when we arrived, but we slept very well and woke up without back pain.
On the weekend, we went to Penn's Cave near Centre Hall (about 2 hours from Scranton) and to Gettysburg (almost 3 hours, we left at 7 a.m. in the morning). Both trips were unforgettable and definitely worth the long driving time.
Not far from Penn's Cave, we met some very friendly Amish people who run a shoe store.

Room Tip: Room # 132 on the first floor is far away from the elevator and help desk and very quiet.