We choose Hampton Inns for their consistency of being clean and having the amenities we like. This Hampton met our expectations plus! There were lots of outlets in the room (to charge all our gadgets). The heating/air conditioning worked well. The mini frig & microwave & TV were all nice. The beds were comfortable and clean. The WIFI worked well and the computer in the lobby also worked fine. The pool was large and people were using it. They gave us a map of the area with a map of the hotel floor plan on the other side of the paper, these both are very helpful to have. The lobby is set up that the front desk has a clear view of the front entrance and a rear entrance that comes in to the dining area. The room had an extra sink just outside the bathroom, I don't think that is necessary but this might be handy when a family is using the room. A nice arm chair in the room would have been nice to have. The decor of the hotel is a bit on the modern side so the room chair did not have arms which isn't as comfortable as an arm chair. Our alarm clock did not work properly, a maintenance man did come and realized the clock was unplugged and working off the battery. However, after he plugged it in the dial did light up but we still could not get the alarm to set. We just used the "wake up call" service.
The staff were all welcoming to all the guests. I do want to compliment Rebecca (day shift) & Mark (evening shift) at the front desk, both were especially friendly & helpful. Melissa in housekeeping was probably the friendliest person I have met in a long time. She made me feel at home and did a thorough job of refreshing our room. My husband was on a business trip and I went along with him. I went to get away from my work and to relax and read. The lobby area and an outside seating area were nice for sitting and relaxing & reading my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between the Allegheny Mountains and the Pocono Mountains, our Hampton Inn® hotel in Scranton at Montage Mountain is just a mile from one of the most popular ski slopes in the Northeast. In fact, you can even watch skiers on Sno Mountain from our warm and cozy lobby. Reserve a room with a mountain view and fireplace here at the Hampton Inn hotel in Scranton at Montage Mountain, and you'll have a recipe for a vacation you'll never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Scranton At Montage Mountain Hotel Scranton
- Scranton Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Montage Mountain