“Great Place”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
West Long Branch, New Jersey
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location. Rooms are clean and spacious. Restaurant, bar, pool, fitness center are all great. Service is awesome. Everyone working at the hotel is extremely attentive, helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jperazic
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for the positive review, I will be sure to share this with all of our associates who work hard to ensure everyone enjoys their stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night and must say its average. Walls are paper thin and maids were yelling in Spanish to each other LOUDLY! Amenities were fine, shine shampoo..Starbucks coffee..it's just that nothing stands out. Even the lobby is kind of boring, and the area is quiet. Got some rest but would have liked for the brand to stand out more.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank FlyMom10
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing with me your experience. Please accept my apologies for the disruption caused by our housekeeping staff as they worked in the halls. I will review this with them to ensure they are mindful of the quiet times. I thank you for your review, as it is only through feedback that we are able to grow. We hope to see you back should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area in the future.
Shelburne, Vermont
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for some meetings. The parking garage is very tight and was very crowded so it took quite awhile to find a parking space. Check-in was very easy and the staff was very nice and courteous. The common areas in this hotel look like they were recently updated. The rooms however were pretty basic. My big complaint was the constant highway noise made it very difficult to sleep (This might only be a problem on the side of the hotel my room was on).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank KurtGVT
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We do have a very unique parking situation, we share a garage with a office complex which generally works as our business hours differ. However, when there is a convention or large group in the hotel, we generally need to utilize an over flow lot which is connected by an air-walk.

I am glad to see you found our staff well trained and professional, as our hotel has 3 sides, one of which is along Interstate 91, I have found the Boland Avenue or City side to be less distracting. In either case, we hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the great City of Springfield.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Having stayed at a few Sheratons over the years I was disappointed in the lack of updates and refurnishing at this property. Though the bed was comfortable there was a lot left to be desired.

Parking in the garage was over crowded and the only elevator to get you to the lobby was smelly and stained throughout. Unfortunately the smell of that elevator left a not so pleasant order in the mail lobby area.

There were 4 elevators to service 12 floors so it didn't take long to reach your floor. Once you get into the room you can tell by the stains on the carpets worn furniture that this property is in a desperate need of renovations. The doors to the closet did not open easily and the Iron and Ironing board need to be replaced. The bathroom lighting could be better and the toilet was a very loud flush. The walls to the room are a tad thin so you can hear the T.V. or people next to you.

The fitness facility was a plus as it has enough machinery and room to get a good workout in. The lounge, MVP's, had good drinks and food but was overpriced. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area for you to choose from.

If I was in the area again I would choose to stay elsewhere unless this property was cleaned or updated. I would expect more for a hotel downtown near the convention center.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cweld5
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to share we did replace the garage elevator carpet admitting we let it go a little too long due to the winter months. It would appear you had a guest room on our upper floors, our rooms are cleaned properly however these rooms are scheduled for a renovation later this year. All of the public space has also recently gone under a major renovation as well as the lower guest rooms. We also renovated both restaurants as well as the fitness center. If your ever in the area again, please contact me directly so that I can win back your loyalty and show we do have a great property.
RIDGE
Reviewed January 27, 2014

First time staying at a Sheraton, and it was a big disappointment! To get cool air in our room, we had to put the fan on auto and adjust the temp to where we wanted it, ok, understood. However, this was told to us after the 2nd visit to the front desk. The first visit was at 3:30 in the morning because we both woke up sweating in an 80 degree room. The clerk at the desk told me to put on the fan and that should help, when I asked him what the check out policy was since we were to stay another night, and I was not staying in a hot room again, he just told me as early as we could let them know. It did not faze him that we were sleeping with the windows open, a whole 2 inches and listening to the noise from I-91, the birds and the emergency vehicles. It also didn’t bother him that we were thinking of leaving and no attempt was made by him to help us. He laughed as I walked away and said I was going to come back and sleep in the lobby where it was cool. The next morning we spoke to another clerk who explained that we needed to put the fan on auto and at the temperature we wanted and that would cool the room down. If it didn’t, let him know and he would send someone up. We went to our “continental breakfast” in the club lounge, where we left because there were very limited offerings and went down to Picks for breakfast. We were not offered a choice of buffet or a menu, we were told to help ourselves to the buffet. After $30 for two omelets, coffee, juice and some fruit, we left for the day. Upon returning to the hotel and our room, the temperature was at 80 degrees again! This time when we went down to the desk we spoke to the bellman and he sent up the mechanic right then, and we went to have hors devorves in the Club Lounge, this was enjoyable. 45 minutes later, back in our room, the bellman came to our room and told us that yes there was something wrong with the heat. He then gave us a key to a new room, and coupons for a free breakfast at Picks for the next morning. He did offer to help move us to our new room. It should not have taken 3 times for someone to finally address the problem. The coupons for the breakfast was a nice touch, however, more compensation should have been offered for our inconvenience. Other issues, the beds felt like you were sleeping in a hole. I kept rolling into the middle. Also, the parking lot is not the best situated at $12 a night, it is very tight quarters and not easy to maneuver around. The staff that did help us at the end was professional and helpful, but again it should not have taken 3 times. If a customer is at the front desk at 3:30 in the morning, there is a problem! We have reservations for a Sheraton in Burlington, VT, in October with a group of friends, we hope that we have a better experience at that one!

Room Tip: Make sure that you know how to use the heat/air!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara Y
Thank you for sharing with me your comments regarding your recent stay. I am truly sorry you experienced the issues you did and the communication was not as clear or timely as it should have been.

I also have responded to both your customer assistance file and the online survey that you were kind enough to submit. If you were to read many of the wonderful reviews here on TripAdvisor, you will see that your experience is not a typical one.

I do sincerely apologize and hope you will afford us another opportunity to show we do have a wonderful hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The kids and I decided to visit the Springfield Quadrangle Museums the weekend after Christmas. We chose Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place because it's conveniently located, blocks away from the Quad. We didn't work though since it was cold, the streets were eerily quiet and the Quad offered free parking.

This is our second time staying at this hotel. The front desk staff was polite and efficient. We needed a rollaway bed (for $20 extra). By the time we walked away from the front desk, took the elevator and walked to our room, the bed was already rolling into the room.

All the rooms at this hotel face the indoor atrium. May be because it was off season, the hotel was super quiet (which we appreciated). We were also thankful that the underground garage was quite empty. I remember it being nightmarish last time because it is a very narrow and poorly labeled garage. People were going the wrong way in a narrow one-way alley. If you are not comfortable driving in tight NYC-style underground garages, you're better off parking across the street and walking to the hotel via the glass corridor / bridge.

We didn't try the restaurant this time (since we didn't have a good experience last time). We bought snacks from the front desk instead. Need I say it's very expensive? A bag of chips and a bag of chocolate pretzels cost $7. Of course, we were too lazy to brave the cold for snacks so we paid for the convenience.

We'll stay here again as long as the price is right.

Room Tip: The ice & vending machines are not shown on the map of the hotel room doors but they are located...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I an pleased you found the hotel to be clean and well appointed as well as our location convenient. There are many areas close by to the hotel that are family friendly as you know one being the Quadrangle. I hope you will afford us another opportunity to show we do have a great property and I would invite you to give PICKS another chance. We have made some changes in the menu that I know you'll appreciate.
New York
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had a great stay at this hotel. Very large hotel with many rooms in the heart of downtown. I was there xmas week so the hotel was empty that weekend. I can see that it has the potential of being very noisy so I wouldn't recommend this place for a quiet getaway. Overall it's a great hotel with nice check in staff and good amenities. The parking lot is a little spooky didn't really feel safe although they said they have cameras I didn't see any, but I'm just not a fan of underground lots. Also a little pricey at $12.95. I may come here again as I have friends in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing and we certainly appreciate your business. We certainly have a wonderful design as well as location as you were kind enough to point out. Noise can be an issue at times depending on the make up of our business. When we expect to have some challenges, we employ additional security and add staff. We do have cameras in the garage as well as security who has rounds throughout as a normal part of their shift. We hope to see you back when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!