“An awesome experience”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Paradise, NL, Canada
“An awesome experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family of four (2 children ages 10 and 12), stayed at the Sheraton August 2013 for 2 nights to experience Six Flags New England. We did not have a reservation and walked in off the street. The lady on the desk was very accommodating and gave us a great rate. She went a step further when she found out it was our first time in MA, she gave us complimentary breakfasts and an in room movie for the children. She proceeded to give some information about the Six Flags park as well. The room was clean, big and the beds were comfortable. We ate at "Picks" and really enjoyed the food and service. The children also swam in the pool and it was clean and refreshing. The only down side was the parking fee of $12.95 per day. However the hotel is situated in a down town area and parking is quite limited. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend the Sheraton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, I appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience. I am pleased you found our hotel warm and inviting and that our front desk agent gave some additional welcome amenities. We hope you will return when you're back in our great City of Springfield MA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Loved the staff, loved the location. Staff were so friendly, offered us upgrades because we were starwood members and gave us free wireless. Breakfast was great with a super waitress. Would stay here again and recommend to others!

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am pleased that our associates did everything they are trained to do, create a memorable warm experience and leave a lasting impression. We hope you will choose our hotel again should your travels bring you to the Springfield area in the future.
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was driving back from Boston to NYC after a long day and didn't feel like doing the whole trip in one go - looking at the SPG list of properties this came up.

Driving in, the downtown area of Springfield seems quite run down (sorry, locals) but the Hotel is right in the center and connected to some sort of mall. It's a fairly generic Sheraton (with all the pluses and minuses that entails) but some things marked it out as better than expected:
- Staff were all very friendly and helpful
- Room was renovated and clean; generic but above average
- Food and service in the bar was better than expected

Overall a solid choice if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Raoul M
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing with me as well as the many future guests on the TripAdvisor site. I am thrilled you found our property warm and inviting with rooms and services that were well appointed. We hope to have you back should your travels bring you to the Springfield area again.
Northampton
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton in Springfield for business. I've driven by this hotel so many times, wasn't sure what to expect. From check in, to the garage staff to room service-- everyone was so pleasant and helpful. My room on the 12th fl was updated and immaculate. Nice views. Being on the club floor gives you those extra perks. The bed was so comfy that I overslept. I wasn't sure how the atrium style hotel would be with noise but it was very quiet overnight. My only three things-- the TV system is slow and not easy to use. And, apparently some floors allow dogs, which I am not a fan of, as I heard some barking. Dogs don't belong in nice hotels. With that said, i would stay here again. Lastly, the parking garage filled by 8pm.

• Stayed August 2013
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are pleased that you found the hotel warm and inviting. We will be upgrading our television system to one with more of a residential feel to it, currently we use a system that is not too user friendly to send the selected channel to the guest room and this system will soon be removed. Parking as mentioned in other reviews can be a challenge, we have many options and try to make it as easy as possible. The atrium can be a challenge depending on the groups we have in house. We certainly hope you will visit again soon, should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying here but the hotel has been awesome! I work at another Starwood property so I got a discount on the rate. The hotel lobby is so wonderful. The lady at the front desk was super friendly and although our original room wasn't ready, she moved us to a room that was ready. We just ordered room service and the food was amazing. Daniel who delivered our food was very friendly. And the beds...super comfortable!

There are only a few things that put a damper on things: Internet is about $10 per day and to park is $12.95. Some of the furniture in the room looks a little warn but over all, it is such a great stay!

If we ever come up this way again for Six Flags, we'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear valued guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with me as well as all of the future travelers. I an pleased that you found your stay and our property warm and inviting, we hope that you will return. I will also share your great feedback with our culinary team and our room service server Daniel who takes great pride in his work and receives positive feedback often.
we hope to see you back should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked our hotel stay through Hotwire.com. We were specifically asked how many people were staying in the room and their ages which we listed (myself, my wife and 2 children). When we checked in today at the front desk they said the only room available was a room with ONE king size bed and that they could only give us ONE roll out bed. Therefore, I had to sleep on the floor. Terrible. They 'upgraded' us to the 'club' level on the 12th floor (of 12 floors). Our room (1212) was situated right next to the 'club room'. We were all awoken at midnight by 30 minutes of LOUD vacuuming in the club room. I complained about this to the front desk, they said they would call up and have the vacuuming stopped. It didn't. It went on for another 30 minutes. ----other complaints---the hotel charges nearly $10 bucks a day for wi-fi...that's a total joke and ripoff, no explanation required. They charge $12.95 to park your car overnight. This is NOT Boston or NYC, this is SPRINGFIELD, MA!!! I have read many reviews from the manager saying there are restaurants in the walking area...NOT TRUE. Walk one block to the right or left and your walking into the projects. Very disappointed, I am calling corporate offices after we get home from six-flags tomorrow.

• Stayed August 2013
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing with me your experience while staying with us Hotwire as with most 3rd party resellers do not have accurate inventories of hotel rooms and when requiring specific room arrangements, it is always best to work through the hotel directly. Third party resellers can not make specific promises on room types.

I am sorry you were disturbed by the cleaning of our club lounge. I will review this with our associates whom are responsible and purchase a carpet sweeper so rooms that are on either side of the lounge will not be disturbed.

As with many hotels located in the center of a City (not just Boston or New York) parking spaces is a business. We unfortunately do not own the garage , but have negotiated a discounted rate on behalf of our guests which is applied to ones folio and we are able to use the room key for unlimited in and out privileges.

Starwood as a brand has not moved towards free internet, we are looking at the ability to offer a tiered program.

As it relates to local restaurants, we certainly do have many wonderful offerings, Worthington Street is located just two blocks from the hotel in one direction and offers up to at least 4-6 different offerings. Just a few blocks in the other direction, we have several other options. If you up for a little walk, than near the Basket Ball Hall of Fame there are 4 more restaurants one which is an Uno's Chicago Grill.

I hope this information helps and as always, please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Jay, Maine
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way to visit Niagara Falls. Let me start off by saying this hotel is beautiful. The architecture is so nice and the staff was very friendly. One thing though that disappointed me was that there are several hidden fees that you have to watch out for. We walked into our room and two bottles of water were sitting on the desk. I was a little thirsty so I picked one of the bottles up to drink it, then looked at the tag around it. It cost $2.99. There was no way I was paying for that so I put it down. Then I opened my laptop to check my Email as I had been traveling all day and was not able to access it. The wireless internet cost $9.99 a day. So I couldn't even use the internet. Even the cheapest hotels now give you free internet access. On top of all these fees, it costs $12.99 to park in a crowded parking garage. And watch out for what elevator you take up from the garage. We ended up in an office in the same building and the security came out and had to give us directions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear recent guest, thank you for the review of our hotel and I appreciate you sharing with me your feedback. We do charge for parking as we do not own the garage, the discounted rate is passed along to those who use it. Just including it in the rate would not be fair to those who do not park with us. As a brand, Sheraton has not done away with internet fees, we are looking at a tiered structure.

I am happy that overall you found the hotel warm and inviting and we hope to see you back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!