“Very nice hotel, great service and very comfortable bed!”

Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I've found this great hotel on Hotwire and was very pleased...

The clerk offered me complimentary parking validation (park next door parking lot).

I had a very clean and quiet room...

Very good wifi Internet, very comfortable bed... Courteous staff...

Great breakfast hot buffet with omelette station and attentive staff...

Not cheap : $75 by night and $11 for breakfast but great to have a good night to recharge our inner batteries ;-)

• Stayed: June 2013
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Guest, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me as well as the TripAdvisor community. I am happy you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon. We as well as many downtown hotels require the use of a parking facility therefore the discounted parking charges are passed on to those who park. We do have a creative culinary team lead by a highly experienced Executive Chef, I will be sure to share your comments with the culinary team. We certainly hope that should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area you will choose the Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place Hotel once again.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a very well run, extremely comfortable hotel, with reliable room service, convenient parking, and a wonderfully supportive staff. The beds are extraordinarily comfortable, the linens are 5-star, and the location is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing with me your experience while staying with us. I as well as all of our team members are thrilled you enjoyed yourself. Our staff is trained to ensure you have a great experience. I hope you will choose the Sheraton once again, should your travels bring you back to the City of Springfield.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not only is it difficult to find the lobby if you are in a car, but they turn off the heat so you freeze in the rooms. The attendant in a booth to collect fees for parking told me to park and go up to the hotel to register. I did as he said and found the lobby. After checking in, I greeted friends who were at the same conference waiting for rooms. I then went up to my room which had been cleaned and was all right except for the temperature. I tried to fix the temperature only to find it wouldn't go up. I went down to the desk and asked for assistance. When the maintenance man came he told me the only thing I could do was shut off the power. The saving grace for the hotel was the lobster bisque they served in the pub and their restaurant. It was excellent!

Room Tip: I ate the continental breakfast with my colleagues and it had lots of fresh fruit every day for my t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

thank you for sharing with me your experience while staying at our hotel. I am sorry you found it difficult while in our garage, our parking attendant certainly could have done a better job communicating with you by providing clear directions. I will review your feedback with our engineering department, there certainly could have been more that we could have done with the temperature of your room. Please accept my apologies and contact me directly when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area as I would like to personally assist with making your next visit special.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Than a hotel. I stayed for one night while traveling on business was more like a retirement home then a hotel. There is no valet. No one or signs to advise you on where you should park. My suite was pre-assigned on the 4th floor with club access. When I asked to be moved to the club level I was told there were no suites on that floor and I had a better room. The kitchen had brand new appliances however the furniture in my suite was worn and watermark and stains on the wood. When I finally requested I be move to the club level. I went up there and waited 18 minutes for someone to meet me with a new key to my room near the elevator.

Finally, I was let into my new room which was nicer. It had a fireplace, in room jacuzzi and spacious. The only downside to this location was next to the service elevator/hall and employees here hanging out until 2am in the morning keeping me from getting a good night sleep.

The next morning, i used the fitness center lots of old people lingering around. The breakfast buffet was adequate.

Room Tip: Don't get place in a room near the stairwell or service corridore.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

thank you for visiting with us and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I value your feedback and I apologize for the fact you did not receive a great nights sleep. I will be sure to review your comments with our staff so they are mindful while in the back areas of the hotel. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area, I would like to personally assist with your reservation.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was clean, the linens were nice, but I am REALLY glad we paid the Hotwire price, and NOT the price we were quoted on the hotel's website. The 'heated' pool was NOT heated, there was no hot tub, and the teenagers who were in the pool area were NOT supervised. No complimentary breakfast (unless you stayed on the 'club floor' which is a bit ironic I think...if you can afford to stay on the 'club floor' why would you need complimentary breakfast???). There were THREE bath towels, for FOUR people staying in the room (which was annotated with our reservation by the way). Our TV stopped working at 11pm at night (luckily AFTER the hockey game was over...but still...we were told by the 'engineer' the next day that we could have called for TV help the night before...at 11 pm????). Housekeeping came at 8:00 AM on the day we were checking out...REALLY??? Don't they know which rooms have checked out, and which rooms HAVEN'T yet??? And no free Wi-fi... Our room faced the river, and I-91, and the traffic noises were a bit LOUD, even up on the 11th floor. Would probably NOT stay at this hotel again. Jenn the bartender in the sports lounge was a GREAT mixologist BTW. (The 'mall' attached to the hotel was AWFUL as well...there weren't any stores that we were interested in, not that they were open anyway...and the entire food court was closed as well...???...no complimentary breakfast AND the attached 'mall' food court was closed...with 2 young teenagers...Oy Ve Batman!!) Overall...NOT impressed. Next trip we may have to stay at the Marriott next door to compare, but unless the Powers-That-Be make some significant upgrades, we won't be returning to the Sheraton. Am REALLY glad we paid the Hotwire price...totally NOT WORTH $140 a night we were quoted on the hotel's website. Expected more from a Sheraton, especially one that was "recently upgraded" (upgraded, but no Wi-fi???).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with me during your recent stay with us. I am sorry we fell short of exceeding your expectations.

As a brand, Starwood has not permitted Sheraton hotels to provide complimentary internet or breakfast. We offer different rate plans that do, we also have hotels with in the portfolio that do. The standard is to have 3 set's of linens in the guest room, we are happy to provide as many that is required as these are just a phone call away.

I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and updated, I also thank you for recognizing Jen in the lounge, she is outstanding and has been on property for many years.

Our pool is larger than most you will find at a hotel and our recently renovated fitness center has all of the state of the art equipment. We do have a "no life guard on duty" sign posted in the pool area and we will certainly assist should guests act in a manner that is impacting the experience for all.

As you mentioned we are connected to a shopping center as is the other hotel with many different shops and a food court, however we do not have control of the hours. we are very happy to assist with dining options with-in the area many are in walking distance we have all of this information at the front desk.

We have a great hotel with well appointed rooms, all of our associates are well trained to ensure every guest has a warm welcome and a great experience we'd love to have the ability to show you this, please call me directly so that I may assist in creating a memorable experience for you.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Easy off and on the highway. Stayed one night over Memorial Day weekend, so they were quite busy. The parking garage is kind of tight, there were posts in odd places and the spaces were small, but we found a parking space with no problem, Check in was a breeze. Staff helpful and friendly. I would describe the atmosphere of the hotel as modern warmth. Very modern looking with warm colors and comfortable furniture that balanced the angular architecture. The room was clean. The beds and bedding were very comfortable. Everything in the room was in good working order. There is a coffee pot in the room and they provide Starbucks coffee. We ate at MVP Pub for dinner.. It was good and the service was great. We used the pool, the sauna, and the steamroom. All were great, staff very nice and even the other guests were very friendly. They provided an Express Checkout for us and delivered the receipt under
the door in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor, we are pleased that you enjoyed yourself while using all of the wonderful amenities of the hotel. We do feature a refreshed fitness center which is clean and well appointed. MVP.Pub is a wonderful restaurant with a variety of wonderful choices. We hope to see you back should your travels bring you to our great City of Springfield.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed in a room on the 9 th floor which had a nice view of city towers etc.
However that was about all that was nice!
This is a hotel designed with rooms in a triangle shape around an open space from ground floor to top of hotel.this means that every ( old and noisy) door opened or closed anywhere in the hotel is heard loudly wherever you are due to the centre space . This also applies to noisy folks chatting on the balconies several floors below you ! The housekeeping noise started early and despite not even being on my floor were clearly , and loudly , heard . This was not the staff's fault and they were all very nice but the acoustics are dreadful.
The shabbiness of the rooms was marked. The bathroom -door had old peeling on edges , dirty around knob, paintwork ,,mold under soap holder, rusty toilet tissue holders, cracked grout etc. the toilet flush was the noisiest and least efficient I have encountered.
The room carpet was so old , appeared to have not been vacuumed although to be honest , not sure it would have helped much! The veneer on tv cabinet was broken and not repaired.
Redeeming factor was clean bed linen on comfortable beds and a reasonably up-to-date coffee maker.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience. We do have a wonderful design with 12 stories in what you described as being triangular in shape. It is breath taking to say the least, because of this fabulous atrium shape, noise at times does travel. Our staff is well aware of this and is mindful while working on the floors. We do have managers and security personnel walking the floors to ensure that those who are enjoying themselves are also mindful of their noise level. We will be starting to look into refreshing some of our rooms, many have been renovated and there are a few that still need to be done. I hope you will afford us another opportunity to show we have a great hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Tower Square Hotel Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!