“A good sleep-and-go option on the way to Vermont (or back from Vermont)”

Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Philadelphia, PA
“A good sleep-and-go option on the way to Vermont (or back from Vermont)”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed a night on our way back from Smuggler's Notch.

Pluses:

A typical Sheraton. The standard size room was enough for two adults and a 12-yr old kid. Clean, polite staff, reasonably priced. Easy on/off from I-91 - get off I-91, make four turns, enter parking. Get out of the parking, two turns, you are back on I-91. Convenient parking. I suppose being next to the baseball hall of fame is a plus. I'm not into baseball at all, so don't know how much of an attraction is that.

I paid with Starwood points. The quoted rate was, if memory serves, $130/night, plus reasonable taxes. Seems ok for a downtown location.

Minuses: Parking charge is extra $13. Internet is extra unless you have a preferred status with Starwood.

Not sure whether the downtown Springfield location is a plus or a minus. The downtown did look nice from the hotel window.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Daniel W, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear guest

We hope your journey to Vermont was pleasant , we are delighted you chose us. Our hub location is very important to connect New England destinations. We are proud of our downtown and The Basketball Hall of Fame.

Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed while visiting the Basket Ball Hall of Fame.
Rooms were clean, staff was great and the kids loved the indoor pool.
I would recommend staying there if in the area, all access to everything around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I was at this hotel for one night for dance competition ,it met all my needs. The hotel is very pretty with the open style floor plan. The rooms are stylish, but they are dark !The decor is in brown and rust colors ,and the lights seem to be dim in the rooms as well. Check in was fast and easy and front desk staff very helpful and courteous! I wish this property gave free coffee in the morning in the lounge that would have made my stay more enjoyable. Parking is in a garage and it is 12.95$ per day which they added onto your bill. It is in easy on and off the highway destination ! there doesn't seem to be too many restaurants around but some in walking distance.(if you don't want to eat at the hotel) overall ,it was clean and I would stay here again, and recommend to others!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Bonaire5
Daniel W, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for your comments about the hotel.We are delighted you found us welcoming at check in. We appreciate your comments about cleanliness, we take pride in keeping our hotel clean.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed March 21, 2013

the advertised nightly rate appears to be competitive with other hotels in the area until they add on the $12.95 a night to park (no other way of getting to this hotel than to drive) and also an additional $9.95 per 24 hours for wi-fi! Really, paying extra for wi-fi? In this day and age every Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, airport and unpretentious hotel has free wi-fi. Even the MassMutual Center across the street provides free wi-fi for its 15K patrons with the price of admission. But not the Sheraton. Charging for wi-fi, and using the parking garage (so small and tight, someone is bound to bang bumpers before you get out) obviously set me off. I won't return again.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, don't get one that overlooks route 91 (and the Connecticut River). The...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest
We are sorry about your problem with parking and wifi charges.Downtown Sheraton hotels in North America charge for parking and internet, although @12.95 it is far less than our destination markets whwere you can pay 50.00 or more per night.The brand is currently discussing the internet charges.

Warm Regards
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found this hotel delightful. The front desk was helpful. The room with breakfast, and happy hour was the best. It was so convenient to be able to sit and relax with snacks and drinks with computers which worked well and tv for the news. It made the stay in springfield delightful. This room is not free but worth every point and pennies it would cost. The location is near the freeway. It is also walking distance to the National Memorial to Dr. Seuss which has marvelous bronze statues and a growing structure made from trees shaped into a fantasy type building. I would highly recommend the hotel and springfield.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel W, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Karen

Thank you for your response we strive to assure all guest experiences are positive. We will share your comments about our caring staff at our next staff meeting.
connecticut
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed one night while visiting my daughter at a nearby college. Room was so noisy I felt like the neighbors and I were watching TV together.
complined to the manager in the morning and he was gracious and courteous. my fault that i waited to complain. It was worse in the morning than at night when they couple next store woke at 6am and started arguing.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with an adjoining door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Daniel W, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments about the noise and argument that happened on your visit March 7th. We are disappointed and sorry we were not able to control the noise. We do have Security and recommend you request a room with a non connecting door .We will address all of your concerns with our staff.

Warm Regards
V.P. Operations
Lewiston, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Alexandra and Jillian (Front Office Supervisors) welcomed me with genuine warmth and appreciation of my business for the MAAC Basketball Tournament this afternoon. Room 609 was clean and ready shortly after 2 p.m. It is a king bedded room that was recently renovated. The bathroom was very large and had brand new fixtures. This room feature brand new carpet, ottoman and lounge chair, a new flat screen television set, two brand new nature scene artworks, brand new modern orange table lamps, and a new desk area, chair, and new chest of drawers.

Am extremely impressed with both the immaculateness of the room and the personalized level of service by Alecandra, Jillian, and Thomas. Vincent was extremely helpful in helping me retrieve my luggage that I left at the hotel while touring the Basketball Hall of Fame.

This has been an outstanding stay, and I know that the Sheraton Monarch Place Hotel appreciates my business very much supporting the Niagara University Purple Eagles at the MAAC Basketball Tournament.

Many thanks to the entire Guest Services Team for exceeding my expectations!

Room Tip: Sixth floor is one of the renovated floors with new furnishings.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#6 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!