Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
$149
GardenInn.com
$115
La Quinta
Tower Square Hotel Springfield(Springfield)
$137
$128
Hotels.com
$91
Hotels.com
Travelodge West Springfield(West Springfield)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsclub floorrenovated roomnice hotelgreat rateper daydance competitionstay at this hotel againmemorial bridgean overnight stayfitness centerone night staybeds were comfortableindoor poolhall of fameconnecticut riveroff the highwayatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2011

First, the room was obtained via Priceline and I have trepidation on what kind of room we will be given. The room we got turns out to be very nice and it is on the 7th floor. Air conditioning works very well and I am impressed that their thermostat allowed to me to lower it down to 60 degrees when many hotels restrict it to much warmer temperature in an attempt to reduce their costs. I love sleeping in a cooler room, especially in the summer heat and with muggy weather outside. But for the environmentally friendly people, you do not have to worry; I did not leave it that cold, but was nicely surprised that a guest could if they should need it (people with skin problems or other medical conditions).

Our room looks relatively new and has two queen sized beds and a flat screen TV. Bathroom was clean and well designed if not too big. Comforters were thick and soft and very warm even with the air-conditiong on. Each bed have 4 large pillows, more than enough for everyone in the family.

The swimming pool is nothing fancy but great for someone wishing to cool off at the end of the day. It is not too deep either, which is great for kids.

The garage is very limited so you should plan on coming in not too late. On weekends and late at night, you can spill over and park at the reserved spots for the other corporate tenants.

Food service is the other weak link for this hotel. On the evening we stayed there, only the sports bar is open, food is just adequate and nothing to write home about. We found a small metal end of a ball point pen in our child's French Onion Soup and they took it off the bill. I wonder what else is hidden in there. Lobster Bisque taste good and so does the burgers but the calamari had too much flour.

Overall for what we paid and if I am just interested in getting a clean place to stay for the night, we would recommend this place but plan on eating somewhere else.

Room Tip: Our room on the 7th Floor looks like it has been renovated in recent years.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ColumbusHotels, Area Director of Guest Relations at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Thank you for taking your time to make review of our hotel. We very much appreciate you pointing out some of the smaller things we do keep our guests happy - the extra pillows, flat screens and temperature control!

I apologize that you had a less than stellar culinary experience. I'm hoping that you found our staff responsive to your needs and that your children left with their bellies full! We are actually currently in the process of renovating our main restaurant and are completely redoing our menus and concepts. We'd love your feedback, especially given your articulate and attention-to-detail review.

Thank you again and we can be reached at the below email address
jvassallo@sheratonspringfield.com

Ashley Picknelly Vassallo

Reviewed August 13, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and VERY CLEAN. The people at the desk were polite but not overly friendly. When asked for information on the pool opening times, we were told 5:30 am but when we got down there, we learned that it really didnt open until 8:00. If you are traveling as a group and block off rooms, dont assume that you will all be together because they spread you all around the hotel. we had some people on the fifth floor and others on the 8th and 9th floor. dont rule this hotel out though, if you are just sleeping there, it is a very nice place to stay. Dunkin Donuts in mall accross the street if you want a cheap place to eat or a little sandwich shop also in mall.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ann x
ColumbusHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for such a kind review of our hotel. I have no doubt that many trip advisor readers will be helped from some of the information that you shared. You are correct that when you make a block of room you won't necessarily be placed in rooms near one another. This is typical in most hotels however, if you ask the front desk agent while checking in to be near a certain guest, typically we can make this accommodation.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to have you return again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed here while attending an event at the "Big E" after deciding at the last minute against my previous plan of staying with a friend at an inexpensive (and dubious) motel in West Springfield. I made the reservation at 9 PM and arrived shortly thereafter. I realized upon arriving at the hotel that the parking garage was full, and followed signs to another parking garage one block away. I was somewhat disoriented in the dark, not knowing the area, and felt fairly anxious, as a single woman, upon getting out of my car, and walking with my purse and luggage down the dark and empty street in a city not known for its safety. I had no problems, however, and was greeted very graciously by the desk staff.

My room was really lovely, clean and spacious, and the bed extremely comfortable. There was very annoying "white noise" which made me wonder at first if I'd ever get to sleep, but once asleep I slept very well.

In the morning, I decided to go down to the second floor where the book in the room which provides hotel information stated breakfast would be served. I wandered all over that floor, and never found anything remotely resembling a restaurant. I eventually concluded that breakfast is not included in the price, and not caring for a large meal in any case, checked out, returned in the light to the parking garage, and went to the nearby Dunkin Donuts. Still can't imagine where the restaurant is located.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank roeburn
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here for two nights, travelling from Canada and taking the kids to Six Flags New England. We got a great rate by booking through Hotwire. I was afraid of what we would find when we got here, based on all the negative reviews I had read on tripadvisor, but the hotel was perfectly average. Yes, there are extra charges for parking and internet (although it's free on the second floor), and the in-room dining charges were ridiculous (so we only did it once), but overall it wasn't SUCH a bad place to stay. For what we paid, it was just fine.

The parking garage was not that tight... I have parked in much worse! We found a spot every time we needed one. Mind you, we were travelling on a weekday. The room we stayed in must have been recently updated, b/c it had a flatscreen t.v. and a nice bathroom.

If you do end up staying here, I highly recommend having lunch at Hot Table across the street. Their paninis are awesome! And the service is so friendly. And I also recommend booking through Hotwire - you will save at least 50%.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Falcon_Mgt, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

We have a beautiful renovated hotel .We are happy you enoyed your visit. All downtown properties that are 3 star or above charge for parking and the internet. The cost to build /revitalize a dowtown property is twice the cost of a suburban or highway brand.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Of course, anybody can enjoy a Sheraton hotel. This is a higher class brand and comes with the usual features found in this type of hotel. However, only two types of people will really enjoy this hotel - weekday business travelers and inner city families.

Those business travelers with expense accounts will find this hotel meets the basic needs and can order room service and pay 9.95 additional a day for internet access and 12.95 addl for parking, etc. Enough said.

Inner city weekend families will find lots of company, with the kids enjoying the pool and the parents resting in the room watching the big LCD TV and snacking on food they brought along with them from home.

Other reasons to stay at this hotel. I can't think of any.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple