“Laptop stolen from room!”

Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. I had a nice room on the 10th floor but I had to switch rooms a few times due to a crying baby in the next room and a musty room that made my allergies act up.
In the rush of moving, I accidentally left my laptop in the last room
I was in. When I called about it, they said they would look into it. After 2 days, I still didn't get an answer. There was no sense of urgency from the hotel to recover the item. An incident report was not even filed until the next day. I requested for the key entry log and 2 staff members went into the room after me. These people were not held accountable at all. The hotel simply did not care whatsoever. They said they are not liable for the loss. They didn't even offer anything to appease the situation. So much for customer service. Will never stay at a Sheraton again. So if you decide to stay here, be careful with your belongings!

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank travelpatrol
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place

Reviewed September 27, 2007

My boyfriend and I were trying to decide between this hotel and the Sheraton at the airport... we finally decided to pay a little more and stay here, which is closer to Six Flags. When we arrived around 1am and checked in we were treated wonderfully, got some special discounts. Our room was on the 5th floor, and directly across from a beautiful garden/water display. The room was great! We had requested a King bed but were told when I called that we were in a QQ, and they had no more Kings. It was fine, no big deal. But when we got to our room we saw that we did in fact get a room with a King... it was a nice little surprise =) The room was big and very clean with a little view of the Connecticut River (and the highway, but we didn't mind one bit)

The next day (fri) we had planned to go to Six Flags, but when we got to the counter, Meredith (i believe was her name) was so sweet in informing us that the park was closed but she'd be more than happy to help us make other plans. We decided just to walk around... we randomly found a mall on the 2nd floor and eventually found ourselves outside and in the Visitors Building across the street where the clerk there gave us a wonderful idea to check out the museums up the road. It was less than a 10 min walk to 4 Museums and the Dr Suess Memorial. We had a GREAT time! They are also very close to Six Flags, and offer an amazing discount and directions at the front desk.

The service at the restaurants was wonderful, the food was great, and they even have free pool in the pub. The pool area was great, and the fitness center was amazing. It was like a regular full size gym. There's an outdoor patio in that area as well that was beautiful at night.

We were surprised at how well we were treated at the Sheraton Springfield... doors were held for us, we were spoken to by name, and smiled at by every staff member.

Thank you for making our trip so memorable!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelGirl2785
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Stayed here with my wife and son well visiting the area and since I grew up in the area I remember how it was when I was younger. How it has changed for the worse. The inside of this place is just okay and is a bit tired and outdated. It is large, but is so deserted, no one was around. It connects to a old rundown shopping mall that has nothing in it and if you venture farther outside, you are stuck in almost a ghetto of downtown Springfield. You have to park your car in a scary garage and it is a waste of time. For the price, you can do a lot better and be a lot safer.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank lip89
Reviewed August 25, 2007

A friend and I decided it would be fun to go to Springfield, MA, and visit the Six Flags theme park and to see what Springfield looked like. I did a some research, and was tossed up between the Sheraton, or the Marriott right next door. I decided to go with the Sheraton because they had a better Six Flags package deal. $189.00 (2 adult tickets, free parking). It was the free parking that got me! For a $30 upgrade you can get "Club Level" So, we did.
Which included (late check in option, free hors d'oeuvres, breakfast)
We arrive to the hotel around 10:30, ask to get the tickets, the lady gives us the tickets, and tells us to be back by 3:00 for check in, or we take the risk of loosing the room. I said to her we already called and requested a late return, maybe around 4, because we are going out to the park. She says 'no Ms., you need to return by check in time. We return by 2:40. We go to the desk to check in, and the same lady still there, says "Oh, I am sorry your room is still being occupied, they have a late check out, could you please come back later.." I said to her, "No, I can not come back, because you told me to be back by 3", and then she tries to deny in front of our faces that she never said that. I told her to please get her supervisor, she tells me "how about I contact house keeping to check on the room". We wait, and wait and wait in the "so-called lobby" which let me state now (Does not look like anything that is in the pictures) We don't get to check in until 4:30. Not, only did we have a late check in, but the hotel is ugly. The "Club Level" needs to be considered "Traditional" nothing fancy, not only was the room dirty (requested a clean up or another room, never heard back from the front desk) Dust, dirty floor, out dated. To top, we are told to be in the Club lounge by 5 for the hors d'oeuvres, the guy informs us that the club is closed on the weekends, they only serve during the week... "WHAT?????" closed on the weekends? And, he nor the front desk knew where to redeem the vouchers THEY give you! The following morning, I call front desk to ask where to redeem my breakfast vouchers, since we didn't redeem the hors d'oeuvres, he tells me to go to "Peter's Grill".....We get down to "Peter's Grill", they are looking at the vouchers and us like we are foreign. Our waitress (Kaitlyn) was a complete and total need I even say!!!! She rushed us so much by asking over 10 times, is everyhting ok, are you ready to check out, we didn't even sit in the restaurant for more than literally 20 minutes. Got down there at 8, left at 8:20 on the dot. She started clearing away the table before we were even done!!!! She snatched the bill fold, no have a nice day, thank you, she completely ignored the vouchers, and tells us to write down our room number. I told her this is a free breakfast, all of the one thing I was able to eat. She just looks at me and walks away.
We didn't even wait until the 11 or 12 time to check out. I couldn't get out of that hotel fast enough, I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!!!! Upon check out we had the breakfast charge, that they took off.
Over all the hotel is located in a rather ghetto area, not much around, it is difficult to drive in, and the people are not friendly. The only good thing, is that I must say it is a very clean City, no litter, streets & sidewalks are clean.
Right when I thought the nightmare was over. I get home and check my account online and notice I have two $222.60 (total $445.20) charged on my account from the Sheraton. Might, I add my friend paid for the hotel. (Upon check in they asked to see both ID's and credit cards for verification, I said to her, I am not paying for the room, she says oh no, I am not going to swipe your card, I just need to see the name, and write down the CVN) So, I call the hotel, first they deny the charges and then I call corporate, who then calls me back apologzing, stating, the charges will be removed in 5 to 10 business days. I said no, they will be removed now please! I am not waiting that long, for your hotel's mistake. The charges were removed that day. I stated my complaints to corporate, they redeemed by giving me starpoints, which I won't use, because I won't do Sheraton again. I wasted money & time once, not again!!!!
I hope if you choose to stay here, you receive better treatment and rooms. Because, it is bad enough that we all look forward to a vaction and spend our hard earned money for a good time....To only get crappy service!! Best Wishes to future stayers....

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank AlwaysTravel00
Reviewed August 5, 2007

Our family of four stayed here after a day at Six Flags New England. It was perfectly okay but nothing special.

The kids really got a kick out of the indoor atrium with balconies overlooking the lobby. Our room was perfectly nice and the beds were comfortable.

However, the hotel overlooks the city's main highway and despite thick windows, there was some noise. Also, staff in the pool area began kicking us out 30 minutes before it was due to close.

It was a perfectly good stopover but for the price, I wasn't wowed.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for one night following a stay in Albany at the Hilton. I was immediately disappointed when I opened my room door and realized that the hotel was not as nice as the Hilton. Its okay but its somewhere between Holiday Inn and the Hilton. The carpet pad was worn so it was not too comfortable. There air conditioning was difficult to get to the right temperature. The room was either too hot or too cold and since the windows did not open it was annoying. The bed was not very comfortable and the blanket was pretty stiff. The hotel staff was very friendly however. The restaurant served a very delicious meal with great service and amazing bread. The room service menu states that food is guaranteed within 30 minutes or is complimentary. My food arrived after an hour (and I had to call before they sent it up). The person who delivered it had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to meal to be charged to my room. This was frustrating because I had timed the meal so that I would have enough time to eat the meal and get ready for an important meeting. Again, despite this the food was excellent. I was surprised that there was a charge for using the internet. This has become such a standard freebie that I was disappointed in the charge. Overall I would say the hotel needs to be upgraded. It was not at the level that I would have expected for a Sheraton.

I only stayed for one night so I can not comment on the amenities.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank hamiltonpenn
Reviewed June 22, 2007

Stayed for 2 nights for a trip to Six Flags in late May (around a 10 minute drive). The hotel was very nice. The room was what we expected for a hotel of this class. The lobby and common areas were great, very impressive. The only negative was that parking was expensive (not included in the room rate) and the valet service was not the quickest. If you were going to go in and out a lot it could be annoying. The staff was very friendly. We even met the Wiggles in the lobby which was a big treat for our 4 year old. If you need to be in Springfield this is a good choice. I will stay there again.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank puremega
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!