“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Springfield
Macon, Georgia
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I were attending a family reunion at this Marriott. Front desk staff gets an "A+++". We had a room with a king size bed and the room was very roomy, clean and smelled good. Walls were thick enough so that I could not hear my neighbors next door. Convenient location for downtown. The staff was helpful with luggage, parking and answering general questions. WI-FI was expensive (in this day and age, I thought Wi-Fi should have been free). All in all, this was a quality hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
I was happy to read that you had a great stay and found our staff helpful and that your guest room was spacious, clean and comfortable. On future visits, please know that complimentary Wi-Fi is available in lobby, restaurants and bars. I hope you enjoyed your family reunion and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel because we were taking our son to the Basketball Hall of fame.

Before we arrived at the hotel the night we checked in I contacted them because I needed medical treatment for my son and had no idea where to go. The hotel were amazing! I spoke with a lovely lady (I'll call M) She was so helpful before we even arrived.
We checked in and M had a list of medical places waiting for us. She had really gone out of her way to help us.
We went to our room and I have to say we were extremely happy with our room. It was a lovely large room, extremely comfortable.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel or stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your great experience. Your positive feedback about the guest room and our staff service is very valuable and allows us the opportunity to recognize our associates for hosting you brilliantly. I wish you and your son the best. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Springfield Marriott.
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I would never think to stay in Springfield but because of a late night sporting event I needed a hotel room. The Marriott was great. Convenient location right off of 91. Despite overlooking the highway, my room on the 12th floor was completely quiet and had a nice vista of the Connecticut River. The staff was very helpful with parking, luggage and an early morning breakfast and departure. The room was large and the bed was more comfortable than mine at home. My only complaint was that the wifi was expensive and kept me from quickly checking in on some important emails. I feel in this day and age wifi should be free. Parking is $15 for the night but that is normal for a central city location. All in all, this is a convenient and quality hotel if Springfield is your destination.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a high floor not facing the highway for extra quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for recently staying at our hotel in Springfield. I greatly appreciate all of your positive comments about our hotel products and services. I do very much understand your valuable feedback about WiFi service and fees. We do offer special rates with enhanced Wi-Fi Service should you decide to return for a future visit. Thank you once again.
North Bergen, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Good location...but rooms are old need renovation... bathroom and bedroom need to be upgraded/refreshed...did not feel clean...way below other Marriott, Sheraton, Westin etc. Club Level was okay......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Ji,
Thank you for staying at the Springfield Marriott. I am disapointed to hear that your hotel room cleanliness did not meet our standars, please rest assured that I have addressed this with appropriate housekeeping management. Also, thank you for your feedback regarding our room product and need for renovation, I will make sure to share your valuable feedback with our hotel leadership team. In future, should your travel plans bring you back to Springfield, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was fine for this visit. The issue we had was with the pool. You could barely see the bottom of the pool the water was so cloudy.

The parking garage roof is very low, we had a yukon, we fit, but just barely.

Location was very convenient for the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Rod,
Thank you very much for staying at the Springfield Marriott. Please rest assured that our engineering manager has followed up on the comments that you provided regarding the pool, your feedback is very valuable and appreciated. Our hotel does not own nor manage the garage that we are attached to, although we have discounted rates arranged with them for our hotel guests. The infrastracture of the garage allows for height restriction vehicles that are up to 6'4", there are a couple of other lots in the immediate area that can accomodate oversized vehicles. Thank you again for your business and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very clean room, including the bathroom. There is wi-fi available in the room, for a fee. There's a restaurant just off from the lobby. A large parking garage gives you quick access to the rooms, but again there is a fee for parking. We didn't hear any noise from neighbors rooms or in the hallway. And at check-in the receptionist was very respectful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for selecting to stay at the Springfield Marriott. I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel products, services and amenities offered. As we are located in downtown Springfield, our hotel does not own or manage the garage facility. However we have negotiated discounted parking rates extended to all of our guests. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Best Regards
Medford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Let me start off by staying I travel to Springfield for work every month for business. I am a regular at the Sheraton across the street, but decided to give the marriott a try. I stayed at this marriott 3 weeks ago, as well as this weekend. My first stay wasnt paticularly miserable, but this weekend was awful. First off, the staff were on duty were horrible and far from friendly. We got a room in which the bathroom was half the size of a standard broom closet. I had also seen bigger tvs in homeless shelters. Upon arrival, no robe was present in my room. I called 3 different times requesting one yet never recieved it. Upon stopping by the desk to see what was going on, I was informed that only ONE robe was given to rooms on the concierge level, and none to standard rooms. So esentially, even if you pay close to 300 dollars for a room in the middle of nowhere, you are only provided one robe. Im pretty sure the red roof inn gives you robes in standard rooms. Next, we decided to order room service which was clearly a big mistake. We ordered a greek steak salad, only to find out there is no steak left in the whole hotel. Next, we recieved a skunked beer, and an espresso martini that was not an espresso martini by any means. The best part was, instead of the ice cream sundae we ordered, they sent us a small container of vanilla ice cream....some sundae. We ate at Champions two times, and our meal was butchered both times. The first time our request for fried chicken in a wrap was ignored and we got grilled chicken, and then the nachos we requested cheese only came fully loaded.

Do yourself a favor....STAY AT THE SHERATON!! Its directly across the street, about half the price, and the architecture is fantastic. The food is very very good, and the staff is beyond friendly. I have stayed there about 30 times, and only had one bad experience involving a room that was not renovated. The problem was quickly adresed and taken care of. I have stayed at many luxury hotels in my life, and the sheraton is up there with my favorites. Marriott, one of my least favorites. All things considered, probably the worst.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you for choosing the Springfield Marriott for your most recent business trip. I was disappointed to see the low scores and specific comments regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. Please be assured that the service and food quality issues mentioned will be share with the proper department managers. I have asked that they evaluate the menu items ordered, compare to our standards and retrain as needed. I thank you for your time and constructive feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
4.0 of 5 stars 275 reviews
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
4.5 of 5 stars 113 reviews

Been to Springfield Marriott? Share your experiences!