“Clean, efficient and quiet.”

Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very clean room, including the bathroom. There is wi-fi available in the room, for a fee. There's a restaurant just off from the lobby. A large parking garage gives you quick access to the rooms, but again there is a fee for parking. We didn't hear any noise from neighbors rooms or in the hallway. And at check-in the receptionist was very respectful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Micheline F, Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for selecting to stay at the Springfield Marriott. I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel products, services and amenities offered. As we are located in downtown Springfield, our hotel does not own or manage the garage facility. However we have negotiated discounted parking rates extended to all of our guests. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Let me start off by staying I travel to Springfield for work every month for business. I am a regular at the Sheraton across the street, but decided to give the marriott a try. I stayed at this marriott 3 weeks ago, as well as this weekend. My first stay wasnt paticularly miserable, but this weekend was awful. First off, the staff were on duty were horrible and far from friendly. We got a room in which the bathroom was half the size of a standard broom closet. I had also seen bigger tvs in homeless shelters. Upon arrival, no robe was present in my room. I called 3 different times requesting one yet never recieved it. Upon stopping by the desk to see what was going on, I was informed that only ONE robe was given to rooms on the concierge level, and none to standard rooms. So esentially, even if you pay close to 300 dollars for a room in the middle of nowhere, you are only provided one robe. Im pretty sure the red roof inn gives you robes in standard rooms. Next, we decided to order room service which was clearly a big mistake. We ordered a greek steak salad, only to find out there is no steak left in the whole hotel. Next, we recieved a skunked beer, and an espresso martini that was not an espresso martini by any means. The best part was, instead of the ice cream sundae we ordered, they sent us a small container of vanilla ice cream....some sundae. We ate at Champions two times, and our meal was butchered both times. The first time our request for fried chicken in a wrap was ignored and we got grilled chicken, and then the nachos we requested cheese only came fully loaded.

Do yourself a favor....STAY AT THE SHERATON!! Its directly across the street, about half the price, and the architecture is fantastic. The food is very very good, and the staff is beyond friendly. I have stayed there about 30 times, and only had one bad experience involving a room that was not renovated. The problem was quickly adresed and taken care of. I have stayed at many luxury hotels in my life, and the sheraton is up there with my favorites. Marriott, one of my least favorites. All things considered, probably the worst.

• Stayed: July 2014
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Chris,

Thank you for choosing the Springfield Marriott for your most recent business trip. I was disappointed to see the low scores and specific comments regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. Please be assured that the service and food quality issues mentioned will be share with the proper department managers. I have asked that they evaluate the menu items ordered, compare to our standards and retrain as needed. I thank you for your time and constructive feedback.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great from a good comfy bed, to a delicious menu, to a little store and arcade, well that was when i went year or two ago but best place to stay in the springfield area, but some rooms didn't have that great if a view but it was fine to me.

Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and food offerings. Unfortunately, the arcade within Tower Square has closed since your last visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just stayed one night for an event in the area. Check in and out was excellent - super nice staff. Parking was in a connected parking garage - walked right into Marriott property from parking area so no big deal. Also adjacent to a food court/mall type of area. We ate at Champions Sports Bar - great food & excellent service. There was a Dunkin Donuts and Green Mountain Coffee in that immediate area, so coffee was covered. Nice room, great bed. I would recommend if downtown Springfield is where you need to be.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen R
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Karen,

I enjoyed reading your recap of your visit to Springfield. Convenient parking, two restaurants and our overall location to many attractions are some on the many benefits the Springfield Marriott offers. I was happy to see check-in and out was smooth and our staff were friendly. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

As a long time Marriott customer, I must say I was disappointed in my recent stay at the Springfield Marriott. Perhaps I've gotten spoiled by the consistently good hotel experience I receive at Marriott properties. Let me start out by saying the staff from check in to check out were friendly, helpful and very capable at their tasks. However, I found the rooms very small and quite frankly, not very functional. A chair was crammed in one corner, a desk in the other with a big Armoire in the center. A small table was just there. There was no room for our roller boards so we had to leave them in the middle of the room and move them to a corner so we wouldn't step into them at night. Since we were there for one night, we weren't about to unpack. Bathroom was also very small. On arrival, we found the condiments (soaps and shampoo) missing. A call to the front desk took care of that promptly. After dinner, we returned to find our TV had no power. Again, a call got the engineer to our room PDQ to discover the power cord wasn't fully plugged in to the back of the set. A constant problem, I'm told. Internet service was slow and spotty and if I were paying for it, I would have been quite annoyed. The room itself was clean although a bit dated but i understand you can't be in a brand new room every night. I also understand city hotels tend to have small rooms but the layout and the size of the furniture has to fit in order to be functional. Even the concierge lounge was tight. The staff up there worked double time to keep things moving along.

While these are small issues, it is not what we expect at a Marriott. As mentioned earlier, we are spoiled.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Road-Maven
Micheline F, Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your positive comments about staff service and room cleanliness. I was certainly disappointed to read that your room was not up to standard from a quality and design perspective. Please rest assured that I will share your feedback with my leadership team as we prepare for guest room renovations in the near future, such information is extremely valuable. Additionally, I have shared your feedback with our engineering manager regarding everything in working order from your guest room to assure that these items are addressed as well. Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. I hope you will consider staying at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Friendly front desk staff and nice looking lobby. Gym equipment better than your average hotel gym equipment.

Inconvenient downtown location - in sketchy part of town. Limited amount of restaurants - with even more limited hours of operation. Additional $16 daily internet fee and $15 daily parking fee.

Rooms are in desperate need of renovation. Giant crack and water stain in ceiling - and carpet in room is absolutely filthy. Bathroom is so tiny - the small floor towel for the tub takes up the entire floor. Furniture is outdated.

Only ONE washer and dryer for 250+ hotel rooms - and laundry room only available during gym hours.

Overall, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

I appreciate your feedback and was disappointed to read that your room was not up to standard from a quality or cleanliness perspective. Please be assured I will share your feedback with my team. Thank you for the positive comments about our staff, main lobby and health club equipment. Although you indicated you would not stay with us again, I hope you will consider staying at other Marriott Hotels when you entertain and travel in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The foyer was beautiful but to get to your rooms it's pretty scary . The drive up to the parking garage was scary, tight and like something out of a weird movie. The rooms needed a lot of work, cold and empty. Strange!i would suggest looking for a different place to stay until all renovations done.make sure all rooms have been renovated.

• Stayed: May 2014
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read that you found the garage difficult to navigate and your assigned room not up to par. Please be assured that I will share your ratings and comments with our team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Tower Square Hotel Springfield? Share your experiences!