“Pleasant overnight stay”

Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed March 15th, for one night. Great location in center of Springfield, within walking distance to MassMutual. Clean, average rooms. Great staff. Plenty of parking in garage. Best part they allow you to park until 6pm, even after check out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank April P
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your March 15th stay. I was pleased to read your comments about our staff, room cleanliness and parking facilities. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed at the Springfield Marriott in January for a conference being held there. The king room a stayed in was spacious with closet, desk, sitting area, dresser, and nightstand. The bed was modern and comfortable with plenty of pillows. The vanity was just outside the bathroom though the bathroom was rather cramped.

Front desk service was good. However the service in the hotel restaurants was slow and food prices were high. The convention facilities were average and staff accommodated our requests for things like more chairs.

Overall the stay was quite good for a convention hotel. The room provided all that we needed it to with plenty of extra space. Plus the location is convenient and right off an interstate without too much road noise in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atm91

Thank you for your feedback regarding your January stay. I was pleased to read your comments about your service experience at the front desk and will share your constructive feedback with our restaurant team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Overall, had a pleasant experience. Room was comfortable although will say was the smallest bathroom ever. We were on the street side on the 10th floor and the noise from the highway was quite loud and kept up all night long. Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. Pool was typical - enough chlorine in the air to clean out your sinuses for a month and the kids loved it. Convenient walk to Mass Mutual center.

Room Tip: Request the back side for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Barb W
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read your positive comments about our service and that you found the room to be comfortable. I am sorry that you found the highway side of the hotel to be noisy. Please be assured that I will share your comments with our team.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

A very good but typical Marriott that Is updated and modern. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The room has a mini-refrigerator. The lack of outlets (being an older hotel) was made up by power strips near the bed and desk. The only negative was a very small bathroom. The hotel has ample parking in a garage ($15) with in-n-out privileges. You can enter the hotel to an elevator that takes you directly to your floor from the garage, which is nice. The concierge room is very nice, and always open. The hotel is attached to a indoor mall with a food court and CVS. There is not much in the immediate area. However, overall I found it a nice place to stay and would return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank drichrx
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

I appreciate your positive feedback on the comfort of our beds and overall room cleanliness. Most importantly, I was happy to read that you will return when your travels bring you back to Springfield.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had a most wonderful arrival on March 2nd in advance of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Basketball Tournament later on this week. Lucy did an outstanding job of checking me into the hotel and room 1033 was clean and ready upon arrival. It is a beautiful double bedded room in a corner of the floor. Stayed in this same room for two nights last March, and it is immaculately clean with exceptionally comfortable bedding, pillows, plenty of towels, and even a Dr. Seuss print in the room. Everything in the room from the furniture to the lamps and the bathroom countertop are in top-notch condition. Lisa Novelli, the Front Office Manager, also greeted me on my first day and made sure that I had a microwave in the room as well. She went out of her way to make sure that my arrival day was flawless. Lori, the At Your Service Coordinator, is another exceptional Guest Services Manager that worked tirelessly before my stay to make sure my stay today went flawlessly as well. Lisa's and Lori's work are a main reason for my return stay.

The Currents Restaurant breakfast buffet is outstanding. Featuring made to order omelettes, waffles, a very complete selection of melons and other fruits, wonderful sausage, bacon, potatoes, breads, and much more. Anna, a long-time server, who remembered me from my stay last March, went out of her way to make sure than even though that I arrived just before the noon closing time, that I was not rushed and had full access to all of the buffet items.

Champions Sports Bar was the perfect setting after a Springfield Armor basketball game earlier that afternoon to relax. Danny was an outstanding server who welcomed me very nicely indeed. Had chicken parmigiana with whole wheat rigatoni pasta that was a very generous and tasty entrée. Danny even gave me an iced tea to go without asking. Emily Barrett, the Asst. Food and Beverage Manager, also remembered me from my last stay, and took the time to visit my table and made many suggestions for future dining enjoyment.

The Springfield Marriott is located just a few blocks from the Mass Mutual Center, along with being convenient for the Springfield Museums, the Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield Armory, along with other restaurants and bars as well. They have a 24 hour access to the fitness center, a well-organized business center, an attractive 6th floor indoor pool, and is connected to the Tower Square parking garage and shopping complex as well with a CVS and Dunkin Donuts.

But it is truly the staff and how well that they knew my needs from last year's stay that brought me back. Lisa Novelli, Lori, and Emily Barrett showed so much enthusiasm for my arrival, and it made me feel very comfortable.

The Springfield Marriott truly valued my repeat business, which is a truly wonderful sign of an excellent hotel. Come see for yourself how much a hotel staff can really care at this very wonderful downtown Springfield hotel.

Room Tip: A corner room (1033) facing the courtyard (not the highway) is great for a light sleeper like myself...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Moomus
Lisa N, Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful comments about our service, hosts and hotel. We are happy that you are pleased with your visit and apprecaite the feedback. It will certainly be pass on to the appropriate department managers.

- Lisa Novelli
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just spent one night here this week. The best part is that its about an 8 mins walk from the amtrak station which makes it easy to get to. Lobby, staff, and room were great. Work paid for the room but I noticed the price was very reasonable. There isn't too much nearby save for a few bars/restaurants but I didn't try any. I think the basketball hall of fame is about a 5-10 mins cab ride at the most. I would stay here again if I was in Springfield.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank NikG76
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us. On your next visit I hope you will have time to visit the Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield Museums and other attractions Western MA has to offer. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The neighborhood is really average and not pedestrian-friendly. The lobby is kind of small and oddly set up. There is lemony ice water which is nice. The room was spacious but the beds were small. The linens were just okay. The shower was just average. The restaurant is mediocre and expensive for breakfast. Worst of all they nickel and dime you and charge $16 for one day of wifi. I really don't like that. The gym is really average -- nothing special.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank wellheeledboston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
0 mi away
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Tower Square Hotel Springfield? Share your experiences!