“Outstanding Hotel In Terms of Facilities, Service, And Dining”

Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had a most wonderful arrival on March 2nd in advance of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Basketball Tournament later on this week. Lucy did an outstanding job of checking me into the hotel and room 1033 was clean and ready upon arrival. It is a beautiful double bedded room in a corner of the floor. Stayed in this same room for two nights last March, and it is immaculately clean with exceptionally comfortable bedding, pillows, plenty of towels, and even a Dr. Seuss print in the room. Everything in the room from the furniture to the lamps and the bathroom countertop are in top-notch condition. Lisa Novelli, the Front Office Manager, also greeted me on my first day and made sure that I had a microwave in the room as well. She went out of her way to make sure that my arrival day was flawless. Lori, the At Your Service Coordinator, is another exceptional Guest Services Manager that worked tirelessly before my stay to make sure my stay today went flawlessly as well. Lisa's and Lori's work are a main reason for my return stay.

The Currents Restaurant breakfast buffet is outstanding. Featuring made to order omelettes, waffles, a very complete selection of melons and other fruits, wonderful sausage, bacon, potatoes, breads, and much more. Anna, a long-time server, who remembered me from my stay last March, went out of her way to make sure than even though that I arrived just before the noon closing time, that I was not rushed and had full access to all of the buffet items.

Champions Sports Bar was the perfect setting after a Springfield Armor basketball game earlier that afternoon to relax. Danny was an outstanding server who welcomed me very nicely indeed. Had chicken parmigiana with whole wheat rigatoni pasta that was a very generous and tasty entrée. Danny even gave me an iced tea to go without asking. Emily Barrett, the Asst. Food and Beverage Manager, also remembered me from my last stay, and took the time to visit my table and made many suggestions for future dining enjoyment.

The Springfield Marriott is located just a few blocks from the Mass Mutual Center, along with being convenient for the Springfield Museums, the Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield Armory, along with other restaurants and bars as well. They have a 24 hour access to the fitness center, a well-organized business center, an attractive 6th floor indoor pool, and is connected to the Tower Square parking garage and shopping complex as well with a CVS and Dunkin Donuts.

But it is truly the staff and how well that they knew my needs from last year's stay that brought me back. Lisa Novelli, Lori, and Emily Barrett showed so much enthusiasm for my arrival, and it made me feel very comfortable.

The Springfield Marriott truly valued my repeat business, which is a truly wonderful sign of an excellent hotel. Come see for yourself how much a hotel staff can really care at this very wonderful downtown Springfield hotel.

Room Tip: A corner room (1033) facing the courtyard (not the highway) is great for a light sleeper like myself...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Moomus
Lisa N, Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful comments about our service, hosts and hotel. We are happy that you are pleased with your visit and apprecaite the feedback. It will certainly be pass on to the appropriate department managers.

- Lisa Novelli
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just spent one night here this week. The best part is that its about an 8 mins walk from the amtrak station which makes it easy to get to. Lobby, staff, and room were great. Work paid for the room but I noticed the price was very reasonable. There isn't too much nearby save for a few bars/restaurants but I didn't try any. I think the basketball hall of fame is about a 5-10 mins cab ride at the most. I would stay here again if I was in Springfield.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank NikG76
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us. On your next visit I hope you will have time to visit the Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield Museums and other attractions Western MA has to offer. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The neighborhood is really average and not pedestrian-friendly. The lobby is kind of small and oddly set up. There is lemony ice water which is nice. The room was spacious but the beds were small. The linens were just okay. The shower was just average. The restaurant is mediocre and expensive for breakfast. Worst of all they nickel and dime you and charge $16 for one day of wifi. I really don't like that. The gym is really average -- nothing special.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank wellheeledboston
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed just for 1 night (2/21/14) and had a wonderful experience. We utilized the parking garage with ease and walked right into the hotel via the garage. Our check-in was flawless and as a Marriott Rewards member, was offered additional points or free internet service for the night. That was a pleasant and welcome surprise. We mentioned that we were visiting the Basketball Hall of Fame and the Bellman presented us with a book of coupons for local places and included a 2 for 1 ticket to the hall. We were grateful and actually used the ticket. The hotel was very well decorated and is attached to a small mall like shopping area. A CVS store and Dunkin Donuts got my business while strolling the shops. There is a food court there as well. Our room was very nice, quiet and the beds were so comfortable. The heated pool and hot tub were excellent and a great way to unwind. The gym was spotless with state of the art equipment and shower facilities adjacent to the workout and pool area with plenty of towels.

We ate at Champions (Marriott Sports Bar) and had a nice and very filling meal and the price tag was very affordable. A nice place to stay and very close to the Basketball Hall of Fame. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor city view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Randall K

I appreciate your positive score and review of our hotel and the facilities offered. I was happy to read that you went to the Basketball Hall of Fame, dined in Champions and had positive interactions with our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is the first place I have needed my room key to use the lobby areas men's room ! Yup, if you are in the lobby bar and need the rest room, get your room key out or you may pee your pants. What's next ? Room key for T.P. ? If the neighborhood is that bad hire a guard.

Room Tip: Take your room key where ever you go, including elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank patm610
Bill H, General Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience with needing your room key to access the restrooms on the lobby level of the hotel. Since we are connected to another building we have this feature to ensure hotel and restaurant guests have exclusive access since public restrooms are located in the retail space.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for just one night while in Springfield with my son. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Overall the room was very clean. The bathroom was a bit small. The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway and has a restaurant and a sports bar. We had breakfast buffet at the Hotel and it was very reasonablly priced compared to other hotels and had a wide variety. During our stay the pool was not functioning so we had to go to the Sheraton across the street. The only negative thing i would say is that we where on the highway side and would here the highway traffic.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Bill H, Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness, location and restaurants. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience with our pool being closed and having to go to the Sheraton Hotel across the street.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice hotel, a bit old fashioned floors with low ceilings but the rooms were up to the quality of Marriott. The only comment I have is that the bathrooms are a bit tight but other than that the beds were comfortable and TV easily viewable. Service was very good and friendly. Just a decent overall place to stay if you visit here. They have two restaurants one attached and one down the hall. Both are convenient and good.

Room Tip: Ice machine is around corner so no worries about being close. Upper rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Bill H, Manager at Tower Square Hotel Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for staying at the Springfield Marriott and for posting your review. I was pleased to read that you found our rooms up to Marriott standard and my team provided good service during your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
0 mi away
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Tower Square Hotel Springfield? Share your experiences!