“Key Card 4 Mens Room !” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Springfield
allentown,pa
“Key Card 4 Mens Room !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is the first place I have needed my room key to use the lobby areas men's room ! Yup, if you are in the lobby bar and need the rest room, get your room key out or you may pee your pants. What's next ? Room key for T.P. ? If the neighborhood is that bad hire a guard.

Room Tip: Take your room key where ever you go, including elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank patm610
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience with needing your room key to access the restrooms on the lobby level of the hotel. Since we are connected to another building we have this feature to ensure hotel and restaurant guests have exclusive access since public restrooms are located in the retail space.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madison, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for just one night while in Springfield with my son. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Overall the room was very clean. The bathroom was a bit small. The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway and has a restaurant and a sports bar. We had breakfast buffet at the Hotel and it was very reasonablly priced compared to other hotels and had a wide variety. During our stay the pool was not functioning so we had to go to the Sheraton across the street. The only negative thing i would say is that we where on the highway side and would here the highway traffic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Bill H, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness, location and restaurants. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience with our pool being closed and having to go to the Sheraton Hotel across the street.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice hotel, a bit old fashioned floors with low ceilings but the rooms were up to the quality of Marriott. The only comment I have is that the bathrooms are a bit tight but other than that the beds were comfortable and TV easily viewable. Service was very good and friendly. Just a decent overall place to stay if you visit here. They have two restaurants one attached and one down the hall. Both are convenient and good.

Room Tip: Ice machine is around corner so no worries about being close. Upper rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bill H, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Springfield Marriott and for posting your review. I was pleased to read that you found our rooms up to Marriott standard and my team provided good service during your stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Greenfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were invited to a holiday party at the Springfield Marriott this year. There was a block of rooms resereved for guests that wanted spend the night and enjoy the festivities without the worry of driving in bad winter weather or after having a couple of cocktails. My wife and I decided at the last minute to get a room for the night and booked it early in the afternoon on the day of the party and were still able to get the group rate. I had taken the day off from work and we were allowed to check in early check in around 2 PM. Our room on the 6th floor was very nice but it was on the highway side of the building above the parking garage ramp and ventiation system. Since we were only there for a quick nights stay, I never told my wife but I noticed that there was what looked like a chocolate stain on the side of the bedspread facing the window and wondered when it had last been washed? We went to the party around 6 PM, my wife wasn't feeling well so we returned at about 9:30 to call it a night. I didn't sleep well, all I heard all night long was the parking garage ventalation system and highway traffic. Especially the tractor trailers when their wheels would hit the expansion joints on the elevated highway. We were awake early and decided to get away from the noise and leave right away.

Room Tip: I guess If I booked a room there again, I would request a room on a much higher floor and maybe even...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bill H, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read that you were inconvenience with noise from 91 on the riverside of the hotel and there was a stain on the bed skirt in your assigned room. Please be assured I will advise our housekeeping manger of this cleanliness issue. I hope we have another opportunity to be of service and if so, please ask the reservation agent to request the city side of the hotel which is away from 91.
Bloomingburg, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Service was good, rooms were okay. Restaurants were just so so.
Would probably give the hotel a higher rating if it was not for the noise of traffic from 91 right next door to the hotel.
Check in was fast, rooms were clean. Probably could not do any better in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that we provided good service and clean accommodations. My apologies for any inconvenience with noise from 91 on the riverside of the hotel.
Norfolk, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Had to bring a friend down to Springfield for back surgery at Mercy Hospital. This hotel was conveniently located just about two miles away. Used points for the two night stay. As a platinum member was a bit disappointed in the accommodations - they were adequate and facility was clean - just no real wow factor. Had room on 15th floor (1 of 2 concierge levels) and room faced highway. Even up that high the highway noise was significant all night. Smallest bathroom I've seen in a Marriott in a long time; though it was clean and there were plenty of towels. Was a bit disappointed about choice of welcome gifts - either extra points or a $10 credit toward in hotel purchase. I'm used to being offered a selection of snack and beverage choices from room service and have come to expect my little half bottle of wine and a crackers and cheese plate being delivered to my room about 45 minutes into my stay . Breakfast in concierge lounge was a nice experience with nice selection of fresh fruit, baked goods, juice, cereal, scrambled eggs and breakfast meats. The evening snack on concierge lounge however was a disappointment both evenings. First night there were two hot appetizers - both the types you buy in frozen section of grocery store - spinach in puffed pastry and ham and cheese (tasteless) croquette; cups of coleslaw; and Swiss cheese cut in cubes with 3 types of crackers. Seemed like weird selection - I couldn't understand why there was coleslaw? Leftovers from kitchen maybe? Next night a nice selection of raw vegetables (but nothing to dip them in); chicken fingers with a coconut breading and sweet and sour dipping sauce; stuffed mushrooms that were most likely previous frozen and not cooked properly - they had a weird gray color about them, they were dripping with juice that wasn't evaporated during cooking process (and should have been) and the inside was cool to cold. Crackers and cubes of cheese again. I always like the concierge lounge and have often held informal business meetings with clients in them. I sure am glad I didn't do that here; I would have been embarrassed to. Parking convenient and at $15 a night a good value.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. The welcome gift program for the company changed in mid 2013 from what you indicated to a points or food credit voucher. Please be assured that I will share your comments about the morning and evening food selections and quality with our Executive Chef. As a Platinum member we value your loyalty and feedback regarding your stay.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

rate this hotel five star--beautiful lobby area, well appointed rooms, good restaurant and bar and wonderful pool area and gym. Walking distance to most everything. Short Drive to Basketball Hall of Fame, indoor mall and Big E.

Room Tip: The Springfield Marriott is right down town-close to all-the hotel's restaurant is great-breakfa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for recapping how convenient the hotel is to various attractions in and around the Springfield area. I appreciate your comments and thanks for sharing the picture of your grandson and great-grandson.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
4.0 of 5 stars 275 reviews
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#6 of 7 in Springfield
4.5 of 5 stars 165 reviews

Been to Springfield Marriott? Share your experiences!