“This Place Gives "Marriott" a Bad Name”

Springfield Marriott
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Vermont
“This Place Gives "Marriott" a Bad Name”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The only positive thing that I can say about this hotel is that the food was fairly decent. Otherwise: not so much! The staff gave my sweetie bad directions to the hotel, and when he called to get clarification, the woman at the desk actually laughed at him. It's completely unclear what part of the parking garage to use to access the hotel. I'm a seasoned traveler; I don't appreciate wasting half an hour simply to figure out how to get to the hotel lobby! The room itself was barely adequate: small, with an air conditioner that did not respond to the thermostat (we FROZE!), and with very loud traffic noise all night--it sounded as though the hotel was in the median strip of the interstate.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here--and I don't recommend it--ask for a room that's screened from inte...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bill H, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I was disappointed to read of your overall experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with incorrect directions and the reaction from our staff. I appreciate that your time is valuable and that we did not get your stay off to a good start. Please be assured that I will share your feedback with our time to avoid sure issues in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, NH
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently attended a wedding here and the site is gorgeous. I did not stay overnight but visited the property for a few hours in the banquet hall. We did have ther wedding guests that stayed overnight and said their rooms were great. The property is gorgeous. The lobby is spacious and beautifully laid out. The hall was very pretty and did offer a bar. It wasnt huge, but could accomodate probably 125ppl or so. The wait staff was all polite, professional and helpful. The coolest part of this property to me was the backyard courtyard. It was Gorgeous!! There was a balcony, gazebo, tables, plenty of room to casually spend time outside, and a fire pit at night. The location of the hotel is right off the highway and close to many food options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read your comments about our catering facilities and staff service. I agree with your observations on the outdoor space. It’s a unique area for a downtown hotel and offers many options.
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff here is very friendly especially the afternoon bellman, Jeff. He is one the best in helping with everything from luggage to getting an early morning cab to the airport. The meeting staff here is good but I have experienced better. The internet in the hotel is the worst of any hotel I have stayed at in the last year. They said they are fixing it but who knows.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments about our friendly staff and the service provided by Jeff from our bellstaff. I am sorry for the interent issues you experienced and you did hear correctly. We will be replacing our internet system in the entire building starting on 10/28. We will have a totally wireless solution for all guest rooms, meeting space and public space. I estimate the install to take about 4-5 weeks with the end result being faster speed, improved connectivity and stability of the system. Thanks for staying with us.
Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Needed a one night stay in Springfield, and selected this from Tripadvisor ratings. Convenient from Bradley International and I-91. Room (7th floor) was clean, and quiet (non-river facing) once I figured out how to adjust the temp system. Room is cozy. Bath is small. Wouldn't recommend for a long stay. I would have considered this a better value if parking and internet were included. Staff were very helpful. I arrived after midnight, and left early morning, so my experience (and rating) is limited to the checkin, parking garage, and room.

Room Tip: I tried a room on the 8th floor first, and then changed to the 7th, because of A/C noise. Both were...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cooncat123
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was please to read that your rom was clean, quiet and staff was helpful. I know it was a short stay and perhaps the next time you visit you can enjoy all the hotel and city of Springfield has to offer.
New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at this Marriott for visiting the Big E festival with friends. Got sick and needed some medicine, the front desk person (Viktorya) was extremely helpful in tracking down an open 24 hour pharmacy to get some medicine. I really appreciated her going the extra mile. Also food at the adjacent champions sports bar was fabulous. The rooms were comfortable and parking was easy. The only complaint was finding some long strands of mystery hair on the bed and in the bathroom which wasn't great but also wasn't the end of the world. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback regarding your stay. I was pleased to read that a member of our front desk team assisted in finding a 24 hour pharmacy. I am sorry about the hair you found on your bed and will share this feedback with our housekeeping department. Happy to see you would definitely stay again when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just got back from a weekend away at the Springfield Marriot. We were there for a family wedding and start to finish everything was done perfect! Check in was very easy especially with the Basketball Hall of Fame festivities happening. There were inductees signing autographs for kids and there was all kinds of people everywhere.

The wedding went off without a hitch and the Marriot's staff were there for anything you needed. The reception area was intimate and tastefully done. The Grand Ballroom was especially nice and the food was EXCELLENT! Rooms were nicely remodeled but a little small with a large flat screen in every room.

Don't hesitate if you are thinking about having an even there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding you attended went smoothly with attentive service and excellent food. I will share your comments with my team.
New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Although I believe this hotel caters to business traveler clientele, it is also a good place to stay when traveling with family. We have stayed twice with our small child and have taken advantage of the indoor pool and restaurants on site. Reasonable prices for food, rooms are clean, and there is indoor access to CVS.

• Stayed May 2013
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your positive review and scores on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read you that overall you had a nice experience on both of your stays. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Springfield Marriott? Share your experiences!