“When you want GOOD wings, here's where you go”

Wings Over Springfield
Ranked #40 of 359 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We were visiting Springfield over the Christmas holiday, passed this place and thought "that logo is EXACTLY like the one in Washington, DC!". Could it be the same? Well, I looked at their website and the yes...it IS the same. So, I ordered my usual (Red Alert bone-in wings) and a small caesar salad for my take-out order (to take with me on a 8-hr. train ride). YUM! I love the fact that they have so many flavor choices......and you can order for eat-in, takeout, and they deliver! Love this place.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went to Wings over Springfield for the first time. It was well worth the trip. You can get your wings in so many flavors. I ordered the Hangar B1 25 wings in Teriyaki, BBQ and Buffalo in wimpy LOL... I don't like them too Spicy but they do have them as spicy as you like. I also tried the Ribs they were delicious fall off the bone. I was shockingly surprise by this restaurant. I would recommend to all my friends.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Wings Over Springfield has a ton of flavor choices and meaty wings (bone-in and boneless). I've had GREAT experiences (takeout) and poor ones, it does seem really hit and miss (maybe whoever is cooking at that time). But as far as wings in the Springfield area, its your best bet. If I had a choice between this establishment and the one in Agawam (near the Big E), I'd go here every time for the taste, but the other place for the "atmosphere" (cozy, funny, place).

The Cajun teriyaki and garlic parm are awesome flavors. Also enjoy the cruisin buffalo and Jamaican jerk.

This location is in an old fast-food place, that’s been redone, but is still lacking in that "wing place" atmosphere, so not the best place to eat in and have some beers, imo.

I'd recommend this for takeout wings. Solid prices and great flavors. Service is somewhat lacking (you may wait for your order when you arrive to pick it up), but you'll notice there is generally a take out crowd, which tells you it’s the best game in the area.

Wings Over has grown from the "Hangar" in Amherst. This is the ultimate wings establishment! If you have a chance, GO! They may have changed the name to Wings over Amherst, or it still may be called the Hangar, but if you are in the area, those fresh wings are second to none. Plus the gritty, true BAR atmosphere is awesome.

1  Thank declue
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My son and I stopped here for a quick bite one afternoon and had an adequate meal. The prices for the wings are reasonable and they have a varied selection of sauces. I think it is trying for a Buffalo Wild Wings feel, but the wings are not on par. The wings were like grocery store chicken tenders with sauce slathered on top. If you are a family on a budget, this is a good deal. If you like wings? Not so much.
The service was slow and discourteous. One teen wandered off in the middle of taking our order, never to return. Someone finally came up to the register, and we began again. Had to request our drinks a couple of times.
The tables appeared not to have been bussed that day. There was not a clean seat to be had. People were watching sports on TV, and interacting with it quite vigorously. It wasn't just the yelling at the screen sort of thing, but full on getting up and yelling across the room variety of interaction.
This would be an ok place to hang out with the guys and have a couple beers, but not really a place to go for a meal.

1  Thank EscapesfromTexas
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Sinful but tasty wings. Lots of sauces to choose from, all of them are good so far for me. Spicy Teriyaki!!