“super unexpected vacation!!”
Review of Naomi's Inn

Naomi's Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We live a short distance from springfield, and were having our floors re-sanded. We were going to check into the local Holiday Inn, however a friend suggested it may be fun to stay at Naomis Inn. Fun was an understatement! Turned out the Inn became an impromptu vacation. The decor was gorgeous, immaculate with a beautiful breakfast. The house was soothing and relaxing. The Innkeeper, Marci, was a sweetheart- very caring for all her guests, and even provided us with some great referrals for other work on our house.

The whole stay, from beginning to end, was wonderful. In the future, all out of town company will be staying at Naoimis Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LongmeadowSuechan

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've been to Naomi's numerous times for events, gatherings and meetings...both social and business oriented. I am always totally impressed with the hospitality! I'm not even an official guest and yet I'm offered a delicious mug of coffee, always bold like I like it! The owner makes you feel so incredibly welcome and I can't say enough about her genuine, friendly and generous personality, she's like the fairy godmother that loves you like your mother but doesn't yell at you to wipe your feet...but you should! The proprietor of the Inn is cleaning incessantly, making things look impeccably put together and she has a knack for making things look beautiful and accessible all at the same time.
I would not ever hesitate to make further use of this Inn, both for daytime visits and meetings, overnight stays and most especially recommending it to my friends and colleagues!
There's very few people who are so concerned with keeping people happy, be careful if you attempt to let her know what could be better because she will go above and beyond!
If I had more than 2 thumbs to put up, Naomi's would get them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Terra M
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently had the most amazing experience at Naomi's Inn. I had the opportunity to do a number of photo sessions for client's around the Inn. All of my clients were impressed with the Inn and had a great time shooting there.
The rooms were so clean and gorgeous, did I mention clean? I saw Marci sweep the floors several times throughout the day. As well as watched her clean and fold numerous piles of linens. I even grabbed a bite of leftover breakfast which was DELICIOUS!
I immediately booked a room for myself and my husband for his birthday (which is a surprise he still doesn't know about) and I am planning his surprise birthday in the backyard of the Inn. The people I have had helping me plan the party have also been by the Inn and are in love with it. The event planner I hired even has plans to host future events there.
Marci is always super helpful and accommodating, and super pleasant. I try not too take up too much of her time when I stop by for my planning visits (I can be a bit of an overplanner, and have been by a few times in the last month to make sure I didn't miss any details.), but she is always happy to see me and offers to help in anyway possible.
She always offers me a cup of coffee, and if she doesn't, I always feel quite comfortable asking if she minds if I have one. Cups are all in a cabinet in the breakfast area and easy to access, and as she always makes me feel like her home is mine I feel comfortable helping myself to a glass if I need a glass of water.
She clearly takes pride in her home as can be seen in all her beautification projects. During my last visit the front porch had recently gotten some fresh paint and looks in a word: lovely! I greatly appreciate details like this as I am a photographer. This same attention to detail can be seen in all the guest rooms. My favorite is Room 6. The two room and the balcony, all the detail in the decor, and the bathrooms are to die for! Her rates are way too low for the experience.
I travel a lot for my job and work in a lot of bed and breakfasts, shooting weddings and portraits, and of all the places I've been Naomi's Inn is my favorite so far. It's like a dream. I have definitely stayed in some dirty and musty places, and Naomi's Inn is far far far from those.
I highly recommend this Inn to anyone traveling for any reason, but especially for newly married or soon to be married. Even business professionals traveling to the area for work should check this place out. I can't rave highly enough about the place.
The free wifi, the ample parking, and the continental breakfast available all day doesn't hurt either, but if you can make it to the hot breakfast in the morning, do it! Yum! But the best part is that it doesn't feel like a stuffy hotel, its a home, and it feels like one, and for a little while you live there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacki J
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at Naomi's Inn this past weekend was were very disappointed for a few reasons noted below. The owner missed many areas of making peole feel comfortable at that at home feeling you experience in a B&B.

1) Our GPS couldn't find the street address so I called and spoke with Marci. She said to me " I can't help you if you are driving very rudely." I had pulled to the side of the road and was giving her surrounding landmarks. She doesn't listen, she talks.

2) Upon arrival we were greated by Marci on the back deck opening herself a bottle of water. Didn't shake our hands or offer us anything to drink when she knew we had just driven 2 hours and been to visit our sick friend in a local hospital.

3) Our room was clean, however smelled musty. I propped the door on the balcony to get some fresh air into the room. The towels also had a very musty smell.

4) Linens were very polyester/nylon. I'm sure she was going to for luxurious, however inexpensive fabrics that look nice aren't comfortable. Some cotton sheets would have been nice.

5) Breakfast was dreadful. Eggs had mashed potatos in them and pancakes in a warming tray clearly made hours earlier. Butter dish was empty, no jelly and when I went to take a banana she informed me they weren't for guests but I could have one. I felt totally embarrassed.

6) When it came time to check out and pay for our room, she didn't recall the price she had quoted me and essentially called me a liar in front of other guests. Very unprofessional.

Forgot to mention, rooms have no cups even to get a glass of water from the sink.

I'm sure she treats people wonderfully that are visting to go to area hospitals, however she could use a course on hospitality and professionalism. We won't be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank l w
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My fiancé and I were absolutely thrilled when we drove up to Naomi’s Inn after our long drive. The home is beautiful and welcoming. As I stepped up to the front porch and phoned in, I was greeted immediately by Marci and Doug who opened the front door and showed me around their wonderful home which has a positive atmosphere, warm colors, stained glass windows, great light, cleanliness, character and charm. By the front door, there is a beautiful staircase that went to our room on the second floor. Global Fusion (Room 4) was well decorated with wonderful antiques along with the moderns-a flat screen television, Wi-Fi, cable, small fridge and your own updated en-suit. We liked waking up to the delightful scent of a home cooked breakfast after a great night's sleep in our cozy, comfy four poster bed. Breakfast is served from 8 to 9:30 a.m. and a must.The location was perfect. We stayed in the front of the home across from the Medical Center and did not hear a thing. It was very peaceful and quiet. Whether business, medical, or fun-plan your stay at Naomi’s Inn. It is a home away from home with beauty, charm, character, and wonderful Innkeepers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Naomi's B&B was an excellent B&B choice for us during a recent visit to an exhibit at the Eastern States Exposition Fairgrounds (the home of The Big E) in West Springfield Massachusetts (10 minute drive from the inn).
FYI - The house is located directly across from Baystate Medical Center and thus the perfect location for people visiting the hospital and looking for a place to stay.
The Victorian house is beautifully decorated and we loved our room; very spacious, bright, and quiet. When you arrive, be prepared to call the innkeeper via phone (rather than ringing a bell) out of respect for other guests' need for quiet. You will be given a key once you've been shown to your room.
Marci, the innkeeper, was sweet and had lots of recommendations for area restaurants. We would return to Naomi's Inn if we are back in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 which was a quite spacious suite witha second room containing two additional bed...