“Fanciful B&B”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Newton, Massachusetts
“Fanciful B&B”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

The weekday evening we stayed at Naomi's Inn had only two or three of the rooms occupied, so it was nice and quiet. Marci the innkeeper was very helpful when our King Louis suite didn't have a working DVD. Our room was furnished like an aristocratic French bedroom. A bit eclectic in the decorations, especially the standard equipped bathroom. The vintage decor and older furnishings may not be preferred by all. The bed mattress was not the comfy, modern type. The price of $140 is reasonable given the queen bed and two twin beds.

Room Tip: The website shows only three of the suites available, probably the most expensive ones. Call by tel...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We had more overnight guests for Thanksgiving than we had planned on so we sent our pickiest family members to Naomi’s Inn. Surprisingly they were tickled! The room was huge, it had an en-suite bath (we have only one in our house!) and the innkeeper catered to their every need. We have already sent round two of family members to the Inn for the Christmas holiday. I am so glad we have them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was a little nervous about staying at a B and B but Marci the innkeeper made me feel very comfortable,my room was immaculate and she had my breakfast ready at 7 am so I made it to my meeting on time.I plan to stay there everytime I'm here for business.

• Stayed October 2011
Braintree Highlands, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We enjoyed ourselves here- gorgeous house inside, comfy beds & great breakfast. Very sweet innkeeper, and she knows how to give you your space if that's what you need! we stayed with our 3 month old which worked out great, but be sure to call ahead and get a room with enough space for a pak n play. Please note: if you are a light sleeper be sure not to sleep on the bottom floor since, as a genuine 1850's house, you hear every step taken above you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Phoebe M
Mineral Wells, West Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Naomi's Inn recently while particicipating at the Equine Affaire, and obviously things have changed. Ms. Webber has a temperment better suited to work with the Gestapo as opposed to a service provider. My husband sought coffee at 0730 one morning only to be met with "nothing will be ready until 0800"; I later that morning forgot the combination to the back door --when i asked her to repeat it, was informed "it was written on the note I left for you last night". We were told to pack up our things to move to another room during our stay, though the room we vacated was never refilled. We were informed 4 days into the stay that we could only have 3 rooms instead of the 4 that were paid for, only to be called later to be told "I made a mistake". Members in our party were chewed out sarcastically only to be apologized to the next day--behavior totally out of character for a B&B owner. She even threatened to call the police on one member of our party that had just arrived from a foreign country, spoke English poorly and who could not answer Ms Webber's interrogation to her satisfaction.
It is unfortunate as the rooms were large, clean and well appointed--but for the money, I would rather stay at a hovel and be treated nicely as opposed to the behavior Ms. Webber exhibited.
Proceed cautiously, as it appears her behavior worsens the more she is stressed. She is poorly suited for her endeavor.

Room Tip: Don't expect civil comments if innkeeper is stressed
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
15 Thank Diane H
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was in Springfield for business, and needed a break from the standard chain hotels. Naomi's was a wonderful reprieve. I stayed in the British suite, but had a chance to look at the other suites while I was there. They all looked very nice, good-sized, and I would have been happy with any of them. This was a wonderful place to stay, very cozy, homey, warm, comfortable. I have traveled to Springfield for business for over 10 years, and have never, ever been as happy with the accommodations as I was with Naomi's. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here for the Big E with my husband, my two-year old daughter and my 3 month old son. My parents also came along. The first day was raining and we back to the place completely drenched. We decided to do take out since it would be impossible to take the kids out on a Friday night. Marci, the owner, was very sweet and accommodating. She basically let us have run of the kitchen to grab whatever plates and such that we needed. I asked her where the liquor store was so that I could run out and grab a bottle of wine to share with my husband. Instead of having us go out for it, she presented us a bottle that she had.

The room was very nice and the beds were super comfy. We stayed in the downstairs suite and we had plenty of room for the four of us. Plus, my husband and I were able to hang out in the kitchen and still be able hear our babies after we put them to bed. We'll definitely stay here again next time we go to the Big E.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Naomi's Inn? Share your experiences!