“Never the Same”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I been to this place several times, but every time i been there the food i ate so different even though i kept trying the same meal. Not a good one to taste Vietnamese food.

2  Thank foodforthought30

Reviewed June 26, 2010

This establishment is a proud part of Springfield's LIttle Viet Nam neighborhood. The place is small and family-owned/operated. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. The menu is replete with Vietnamese platters: spring rolls, pho soup, etc. If you are a fish fan, try the "salmon cooked in a clay pot" as it is delightful, tender, and savory. My Vietnamese friends agree that Vinh Chau is as authentic as it gets...enjoy.

Reviewed June 5, 2009

We had lunch there on a Wednesday (closed Tuesday) for the 1st time. Low key, pretty plain, but clean decor. Most other diners were Vietnamese. Service could not have been nicer. The waitstaff offered excellent suggestions in managing the very extensive menu and service was friendly, polite and timely. One dish took a while teh waiter apologized for the wait, wshich was really not that long.

The variety of food was amazing. I had a hot and sour seafood soup which was astonishingly large and provided 2 later meals at home. My wife had a salmon dish over rice which was also excellent,l and provided 1 other meal at home. The food was beautifully seasoned, although becasue we like very spicy food, it was easy for us to zing it up with the large selections of condiments at the table.

Given the size of the portions, I would say that it's an excellent value and it was delightful to be listneing to the Vietnamese chatter going on between the other diners and the family that seems to own, cook and run the restaurant.

Reviewed November 24, 2008

I loved all the Vietnamese Restaurants in my mostly Vietnamese neighborhood in Boston and have been looking for something of the same since moving to WMASS.

This is the best I have found and is up there with the places I miss. The food is always fresh and served with fresh mint (something that I have found is oddly lacking in other area Vietnamese restaurants) ad lemongrass.

The fortune cookies are actually delicious and as fresh as I have had here. The steamed vermicelli dishes (much like make your own tacos but with rice papers and etc) are fun and fabulous. I just wish the fish tank wasn't so empty of places for the fish to hide and frolic.

One has to go and ask for more napkins and extra crushed peanuts and stuff but this non-hovering and lack of checking in on customers seems peculiar to Asian restaurants in my experience. I love this little place. I *think* one can bring their own saki and wine since they don't have a liquor or beer and wine license but I will have to test that.

Reviewed October 17, 2008

One of my favorites. The food is always consistent. The clientle is mostly Vietnamese which speaks for its authenticity. Service this past summer was lacking but up to par now with the new waitstaff. A must try if you want to try someplace different than Pho Saigon, which is good but not quite as good as Vinh Chauh.