“I don't get it?”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The foods not that good.The place is run down.I have been to New Orleans and would say this place is a sad version of it. It is the only place around serving this type of food so i guess people are looking for something different.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk in you know this is where you should be
Mama never ever could cook this way ...
Cajun heaven, we had the fried calamari and the jambalaya and great music
I'll be back SOON
You should TOO

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Although I had stopped for a late lunch, I was intrigued by the Sunday brunch offerings, so I will be going back. The Chez Mamou - pork cutlet with cheese and rice - was very tasty and not too spicy for my taste. Because of the lateness of the afternoon, I experienced swift service and was out long before the parking meter expired. After I learned it was BYOB, it also was a short trip to the car to retrieve an adult beverage from earlier shopping to wash down my meal.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My friends and I were out and we really didn't know anything about Springfield. By chance we stumbles across this restaurant. OMG were we surprised. The Mississippi chicken was truly awesome. Everything ordered was great according to friends comments. We left totally satisfied and can't wait to go back. Waitress & service was excellent. Thanks

Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of my favorite Springfield food locations, Chef Wayne does an amazing job with EVERYTHING! If you go for lunch, get there early as parking can be an issue. I like going with a group between the lunch and dinner crowd. Parking is easy and the chef will come out and spend some time. Also you can sample more of his dishes this way by sharing. The restaurant is BYOB, so it is not uncommon to see people bringing in a cooler. Everyone (from the staff to the customers) is friendly and you feel like you are family. I highly recommend the Big Mamou for both for the food and the dining experience.