“Awesome Cajun/Creole Eats!!!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Big Mamou's was just what we were looking for in the Springfield area. Delicious food that comes in generous portions. I haven't had a bad dish and I sampled 3/4 of the menu. For those not in the Springfield area, there is another Big Mamou's in the Williamsburg, MA area. Highly recommended. Important to know os that the Springfield restaurant is a BYOB.

4  Thank POPPOPWHAT

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Chef Wayne's Big Mamou is tiny, but fabulous. Out of the way and not much to look at, the food is outrageously scrumptious. The Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya is my favorite, but there are many Cajun dishes to try. Don't miss this restaurant if you love to patronize small, authentic, locally owned establishments rather than the big chain restaurants. It's very close to I-91, so easy to get to on your trips through Springfield. You will love it!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went for lunch.Two of us had the Blackened Shrimp and one had the chicken etoufee that they asked to have shrimp in instead.All came with Jambalaya rice and cornbread.The food was great and service good

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Quaint little place with lots of character, friendly staff and food you're unlikely to find anywhere else in the Pioneer Valley! From mild to spicy...lunch portions very affordable. BYOB a big plus!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was my second visit to Springfield and so my second visit to Big Mamou. I had been dying to try the Mississippi Chicken, described on the menu thus: "Boneless breast of chicken sauteed with sweet onion, cherry peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and fresh spinach in a wonderful Georgian moon sauce. Served with spinach fettuccine [more]"
That did not lead me to expect a big bowl of fettuccine with a soupy sauce containing bits of the above-mentioned ingredients. After I got over my surprise, the flavors in the dish were --as with everything I have tried -- simply spot on. If this had been listed as a pasta dish with chicken (instead of the other way around) that would have been perfect. The spinach was was represented by only, I think, two pieces, but to make up the chicken was top quality.
Well, I still want to return to try the blackened catfish.

1  Thank Cherylad