“Great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chef Wayne's Big Mamou

Chef Wayne's Big Mamou
Ranked #2 of 330 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Loved the food and service was fabulous. They even iced down the beer we brought. Felt like u were a member of the family. Cajun mussels were the best! Would go back in a second.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Austin, Texas
“Funky Place, Great Cajun Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My daughter & I decided to go here based on other reviews. We were not disappointed. We arrived before opening and a line had already formed outside. Having grown up in Lafayette, LA in the heart of Cajun Country, I was a little skeptical. It's a simple, no frills place with alligator heads in the front window, but don't be deterred. The food was amazing. The service was quick and efficient. We sat near the kitchen and enjoyed plates of calamari, crab cakes with remoulade sauce, pasta with andouille sausage, crawfish, shrimp & vegetables with lobster sauce. The cornbread was light and perfect. I REALLY wanted to try the dessert, but we were stuffed. Chef Wayne wasn't there that evening but the kitchen "did him proud". Wouldn't hesitate to return as well as recommend.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“A great little place for some authentic Cajun food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Chef Wayne brings the taste of the Bayou to Springfield! This little restaurant is a huge favorite with the locals. Chef Wayne is pretty hands on here, and you will often see him not only cooking, but tasting the cuisine here. The closest you can get to Louisiana cooking without stepping out of New England. Come at off-times for best seating, or expect lines. There is a big takeout business as well. Across from the main Post Office in downtown, parking can be a bit tough,but the food is worth it.

Visited April 2012
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Excellent Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am from out of town and used Trip Advisor to guide me to this restaurant, and boy am I glad it did!! I would never have gone here with out the recommendation, but I will be back on my next visit to town!! I lived in Lafayette, LA for 3 years, and I think that the food at Chef Wayne's may have been better than authentic!! Don't forget to BYOB..

Chicopee
“Cajun food at its best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I love their shrimp and sausage jambalya or seafood jambalya, for appetizers corn bread or Louisiana Fried Oysters also visit their location on Main Street in Williamsburg. I have never had a bad meal, everything is excellent. I like spice and my wife doesn't and we always enjoy Chef Wayne's

Visited March 2012