“This is a fun dining experience! Love the pasta.”
Review of Max's Tavern

Max's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 328 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Hartford's premier restaurant group has opened in Springfield, Massachusetts at the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Basketball Hall of Fame, Max's Tavern promises to deliver the same dining experience that our Connecticut customers have come to know and expect. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Max's Tavern innovative menu will feature contemporary American cuisine including some of Max's favorite "Chop House" classics. Max is the exclusive caterer for all Hall of Fame special events. Host your next function on Center Court, Jam Session, the Mass Mutual Room or in the private dining room of Max's Tavern. So whether you are a sports fanatic or a dining enthusiast, complete your next tour of the Hall of Fame with a trip to Max's Tavern.
Zelzate, Belgium
“This is a fun dining experience! Love the pasta.”
Reviewed January 15, 2009

This is a fun dining experience! Love the pasta.

Whately Ma
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Springfields best!”
Reviewed December 27, 2008

We went to Max's last night and had a wonderful evening. The food was wonderful..I had the Seared Scallops with Butternut squash risotto, excellent! The wedge salad was the best salad I have had at a restaurant for a long time, nice change from mesclun. The service was great, David was very professional, yet very friendly. Max's is our new favorite place !

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“High prices and average...”
Reviewed December 18, 2008

High prices and average food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Cary, North Carolina
“Recommended!”
Reviewed December 18, 2008

I have dined at Max's on numerous occasions during business trips to the area. The restaurant has both a bar area, and, nice dining area though it can be dark inside. Seating is comfortable and not cramped. The food was above average most times. I've had the chicken (good), lobster (which was a special for TWO lobsters for 20), and meatloaf (good). I also had the crabmeat stuffed shrimp ($27) and was hugely disappointed. Shrimp was overcooked and the stuffing was dry, and I tasted NO crabmeat. The French Onion soup (of which I consider myself an expert) was average. I normally have their Tuscan Salad ( whole roasted garlic, grape tomatoes, calamata olives, fresh mozzarella, warm polenta croutons, balsamic vinaigrette) which is excellent. What I like about the food is that it isn't run of the mill recipes. For example, the chicken dish had fresh, tasty beets, seasoned perfectly. The meatloaf has a roasted shallot ju. The desserts are a mixed bag. The mile high chocolate cake was very good, moist and flavorful. The coconut cake was barely average. I must add though that the service has always been excellent. What I noticed most is that there is REAL TEAM WORK going on there. Everyone from our server to the hostess, to the manager stopped at our table at one time or another to remove a dish, fill a glass or inquire about our needs. That was impressing! I plan to try most every dish on their menu over the months as I travel there regularly on business. With only one exception, the entrees are definitely above average.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook