“Good place for a business meeting or a lunch date”
Review of Max's Tavern

Max's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 355 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Hartford's premier restaurant group has opened in Springfield, Massachusetts at the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Basketball Hall of Fame, Max's Tavern promises to deliver the same dining experience that our Connecticut customers have come to know and expect. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Max's Tavern innovative menu will feature contemporary American cuisine including some of Max's favorite "Chop House" classics. Max is the exclusive caterer for all Hall of Fame special events. Host your next function on Center Court, Jam Session, the Mass Mutual Room or in the private dining room of Max's Tavern. So whether you are a sports fanatic or a dining enthusiast, complete your next tour of the Hall of Fame with a trip to Max's Tavern.
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Overall is a fine place to eat. My only wish is a fish be fresher in times. Good Bar atmosphere when in Springfield for business.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I ate outdoors here for the first time and it was fantastic! It was great weather, there menu changed a little for the summer which was great so you don't get super food coma after a meal and the food pairings were quite refreshing.

They have a great bar, so after you eat its nice to have a few drinks if you are dining outside and just hang out with friends.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I am never disappointed with the quality or service at any of the "Max" restaurant group. Went here for a company Christmas party. The party was set up in a separate area from the main dining room. Everything was perfect. The food was served buffet style but was of the highest quality. The wait staff went above and beyond the call of duty in their attentive care of our group. I strongly recommend you try any of the Max locations.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My hotel front desk staff recommended this place when I said I don't est burgers. Wow. Service was great. My server suggested the new kale salad for starter. This is a must and a great options for boring dinner salads. I had the roasted chicken with root vegetables. One of the best chicken dishes I've ever had. Very juicy and tender and crispy at the same time. If I was staying longer I would definitely return for dinner tomorrow.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We went for lunch to use a gift card I'd received from a family member that raves about this place.
Once we got past the hostess that looked like we were putting her through an inconvenience to seat us, we were met ten minutes after we sat down by our very unattentive waiter.
We ordered French onion soup which was tasteless and both ordered salads -- salads that had no effort put into the way that they look, just thrown on the plate. I ordered the iceberg with blue cheese and grilled flank steak. I didn't like anything about it. My friend's salad was a little more aesthetically pleasing but she did not enjoy her's either taste wise.
All in all I could have put up with the mediocre food if the staff has been a little more pleasant and made themselves a little more available. I was surprised we only saw our waiter a few times as it was lunch and we were only one of two tables in the whole dining area.
All in all I'm glad we had a gift card for a sixty dollar lunch that could have been done better at applebees.