“Good food”

Theodore's
Ranked #2 of 355 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Funky BBQ and Blues joint. Freshly smoked meats. Live music five nights a week. 21 plus after 9pm
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Walking distance from our hotel, food was very good. Although I was disappointed that they ran out of brisket, the babyback ribs were very good. My husband enjoyed his pulled pork sandwich. If we are ever in the area again we definitely would go here again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went to Theodore's for dinner and a show. Trailer Park, our favorite band was there. We ordered baby back ribs and a chicken dish. Helpings were more than ample and were very delicious. Theodore's is a great place to go in the heart of Springfield.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have been to Theodore's a few times for dinner and a few times for takeout, both were great. Great enough to have me excited enough to go back before I even leave. Delevery for Theodores would be awesome but bad for colestorol. True slow smoked Q. Great rub on the ribs. Baked beans have some, a lot, pulled pork. Honey butter is great with the corn bread. Honey slaw is always fresh and great too. All that comes off that smoker is great and done right. Fish and chips are very good with a light batter. Staff has always been very friendly. Smiles all the time.
Have to get to Theodore's for GREAT BLUES music too. Lots of great recording artists also get their TRUE BBQ fix here. Blues, Blues and Bar-B-Q. Enough said! Get their....

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Each city that I travel to, I enjoy checking out the local spoons. I may ask for recommendations locals or check out what is trending here in TA. Theodore's is certainly a local favorite and ranks up there with spots that were recommended to me (others being Red Rose, Nadims, Big Mamou). The location may throw many tourist off; located in a less then appealing neighborhood, amongst a mix of "rough" bars and vacant buildings. Avoid using the parking lot adjacent to Theodore's as you will likely get towed! Find a spot on the street (lock your doors). Once inside you will find a long bar dominating the center of the room. My first impression is of a southern Roadhouse. The menu offers plenty of options including, oddly enough, a kids menu (I never noticed any kids). I have sampled items from their BBQ section and must say that all were very satisfying and at a good value. My favorite was the Pulled Pork. I was surprised at the bar's selection which was able to serve up some great catches (Magners Cider!). Service was quick and friendly! Looking around, there are plenty of "characters" stopping into Theodores; either grabbing a quick bit to eat, listening to the live music or permanently stuck at the bar. But in my opinion, Theodore's symbolized what Springfield is: a place that has no doubt seen better days but is connected by a cast of characters which may appear rough at first however in the end are hospitable and memorable. Some may say “it what’s wrong with Springfield” but I, for one, disagree and say it’s what is holding the city together. It’s not fake, it’s real. It’s not pretty, but it works. I would, without hesitation, return to Theodore’s.

2  Thank StandingRoom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

visited there recently after reading a trip advisor review. Staff was exceptional, friendly and attentive. Food was excellent, RIBS,,,, It was so so pleasant we had to return before leaving tiwn. Thanks for the memories Theodore's...