“Amazing Appetizers”

Theodore's
Ranked #2 of 359 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Funky BBQ and Blues joint. Freshly smoked meats. Live music five nights a week. 21 plus after 9pm
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Right downtown Springfield, in what doesn't seem to be that good of an area (one street over is empty, closed up building after building). You can park on the street and walk a block or so. Inside, the place has character and the food is very good. We both had the pulled pork sandwiches. Tastes great, and the bourbon BBQ sauce is a good add. Waffle fries are some of my favorites. But what pushes this place from 4 to 5 is the appetizers. We tried the burnt ends and the fried pepper jack cheese sticks. Both are very unique and off the charts good.

3  Thank mike b

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a nice dinner. shared a starter BBQ brisket beef burnt bits. Tried pulled pork, smoked chicken for mains with collard green, baked beans, honey slaw & corn bread. 2 pints of Samuel adams Oktoberfest local ale and a blue bayou cocktail came to 50 dollars for two.

atmosphere is rough and ready dark bar, with live blues music (Brass Attack yay!). We went on a Friday night about 8pm. Managed to find on street parking nearby (parking meter not in operation after 6pm apparently). Also 10 dollar evening parking rate offered opposite Alfredo's, about 3 shops away.

Tasty food, prompt efficient friendly service great for casual dining with friends/family

8  Thank Kayzi
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were traveling and needed a place to eat dinner. I looked at reviews and decided on this restaurant. The downtown location worried me a bit but there were no problems. We are so glad we ate here. The service was excellent, BBQ food was great, and the restaurant has very unique decor. We got back on the road full and happy!

4  Thank Ekehl
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is the only places north of the mason-Dixie line that has the most amazing BBQ. Staff was nice, food was amazing and fast. There's a reason this is the #1 place. Amazing!

2  Thank FLXHoosier
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am so glad I checked Trip Advisor! We are staying in Springfield MA for a soccer tournament. I checked Trip Advisor yesterday and found Theodore's. we had an amazing dinner. I read another review and decided to start with the burnt ends.Deliish! The BBQ sauces at the table were unbelievable. Mustard, chipotle and bourbon. For dinner we shared the rib combo. Fall off the bone goodness. I only wish I had left room for dessert. I also wish I didn't live 3 1/2 hours away or I would be a frequent flyer! If you are in or near Springfield, do yourself a favor and eat at Theodore's!!!!

3  Thank suze36

Been to Theodore's? Share your experiences!