“A good spot for a family meal”
Review of Red Rose Pizzeria

Red Rose Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 359 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Took my in - laws there when they came into town for a visit. A very good meal. We always love the pizza. Suggest ordering any pizza with the thin crust. I had the shrimp fra diavlo. Very good. Not as spicy as as I have had elsewhere. My father - in - law had the sausage parmigiano. He enjoyed that as well. Along with the family style salad bowl we all had plenty to eat. One word of caution, they charge for drink refills and don't tell you when they offer to bring a refill. It doesn't keep us from coming back, just have to be aware.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

was pretty good the only disappointment is that they put MSG in their food.I did not expect to have a major migraine after eating there, the rest of my night ruined. this is also my fault by not telling them I was a allergic to MSG. but who would think an Italian restaurant would use MSG

2  Thank Donna W
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been going to "The Rose" for over 50 years when it was " a hole in the wall" it has evolved during the years naturally as we all do. I remember the owners Nick & Edda Caputo, hands on owners. Rita and Tony took over and tried to maintain the same familiarity with the customers and did for a long time but with the customer base changing so much it became difficult and their personal touch became absent. The food is still decent and their house salad is almost always great unless it is late on a Friday night. The pizza dough can be outstanding or just ok , I don't know why, the ingredients should be the same, the topping are plentiful and fresh, great for a big group or a family before a game, I do miss seeing the guys in the back tossing them in the air and spinning them. Try the red clam sauce alway good, any of the parm dishes, the Marsala dishes for that matter they are all good. The drink department is lacking, stick with the house wines , although a small poor, With the pizza it would be nice if they had a larger draft selection more IPA's , the desserts have always been the same, stick with the cannolis. The prices are about the same as anywhere , fair I think. Oh I almost forgot get the Pasta Fagioli, great!
So after 50 years I would say its a very good place to eat in Springfield , oh and Solange try smiling a little bit more at the door.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were in town for a cheer competition and a friend of mine (who we were with) had the eggplant rollatini previously. There were six of us in the party. Our wait was short. Server was probably middle-aged, very busy but was upbeat and smiling, very enthusiastic!! She made suggestions, answered our questions all along not making us feel rushed or as if we were holding her back. We ordered a variety of dishes, all were great. The cheese pizza I must say was out of this world!! Would definitely return!!

1  Thank JodyLynn13
Reviewed May 28, 2014

When we go to the red rose I away have a problem deciding on whether to get the meatball parm or the pizza. Both those meals are tremendous, but with the pizza I get to take home enough to have another supper the next day.

1  Thank 1948Bob