“Best Pizza I've Found Near Me”
Review of Red Rose Pizzeria

Red Rose Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 328 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
West Fargo, North Dakota
“Best Pizza I've Found Near Me”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'm originally from the Midwest, and after moving out East where we are now seemingly surrounded by pizza joints on almost every corner, I was having a hard time finding a good one. I'm just not a fan of the East Coast thin crust style, but on the other hand, not a fan of deep dish.

Red Rose falls nicely in the middle, and is as close to what I go for as I have found. Nice atmosphere, easy to get to, and very good food.

You can watch the people in the kitchen cranking out pies like crazy. In all honesty I only ever go for the pizza, but I know they have a pretty good size menu filled with lots of other Italian dishes. They also have take out.

• Visited June 2013

Long Island City, New York
“Really, really nice.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wonderful thin crust pizza. Spouse and adult son split 16" pizza. About a third left over, which we took away. (Delicious, even reheated the next day.) I opted for the veal piccatta with fettuccini noodles. Very flavorful. Generous portion. Wine by the glass, half- and full-carafe on offer. We had a most excellent Lambrusco, a good one of which is difficult to find in the states.

Many diners appeared to be locals. If we lived in the area we would probably dine here regularly.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank mbeth1403
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Good Italian Dinner find”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My Husband And I went here for quick dinner before another Event. the food was really good. Butyup it was a bit Anoisy but overall good for a pizzeria. my only complaint is that our bill still came to $40 even with splitting a meal

• Visited June 2013
western massachusetts
“not bad, not great”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ate at the Red Rose a couple of days ago. It is a very popular south end casual dining restaurant in Springfield. Their pizza is very good, the rest of the menu choices range from average to good. In my view the mark of a good Italian restaurant begins with the bread. The bread here was good, but it could have been very good if the crust wasn't soft, but "crustier". Salad was served family style and while acceptable, was swimming with dressing containing too much low quality vinegar.The server brought anchovies upon request. The antipasto platter was large but without artichoke hearts and prosciutto, fell a bit short. The menu is typical red sauce Southern Italian-American which means dishes that come with the house marinara arrive with too much sauce smothering the food. Subtly is not their strong suit. The pasta isn't pan finished with the proper amount of sauce, which to me is a negative (it's plated naked then the sauce is ladled on). The menu offers non red sauce choices for veal and chicken, and there are a few shrimp/seafood choices as well. The Veal "Parm". I ordered was actually very good, 2 nicely sized cutlets, thinly breaded, lightly fried and tender. The bar is fully stocked....the service prompt and attentive. Overall a good place for very good pizza or southern "Italian" style dinners - just ask them to go light on the sauce,

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank WestMasstraveler
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Pizza and Wings.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my first trip to Springfield, and my hosts took us to Red Rose Pizzeria. They told us that it was the best pizza in town, so I had to see for myself. I was delighted to see that the claims were correct! Delicious food, attentive wait staff, and clean restrooms. The price of food sealed the deal. I will definitely come back again when I am in Springfield, Mass.

Con: Crowded Seating... I was literally touching elbows with the diners at the next table. But this was overlooked.

• Visited September 2012