“99 Restaurant, Springfield Plaza, Liberty Street, in Springfield, MA” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ninety Nine Restaurant

Ranked #115 of 330 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Springfield, Massachusetts
“99 Restaurant, Springfield Plaza, Liberty Street, in Springfield, MA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

A friend and I went to the 99 Restaurant at the Springfield Plaza on Liberty Street in Springfield
today for dinner.
It was about 3:15 P.M.
I had not been to this particular 99 Restaurant for about a year ...and this visit was very disappointing.

I gave the rating an "AVERAGE" only because the food itself was decent, cooked well.
The rest...annoying.
We were seated by a hostess...who didn't see us for a couple of minutes because she was sitting in a booth a short ways away..reading..maybe?? I don't know. She finally got up and
and showed us to a booth. She said.. Brooklyn will be right with you.

Brooklyn, the server, came to our table and asked if we wanted a beverage.
My friend ordered ice tea, I asked for a large Seltzer water with a slice or two of ... LIME.
A few minutes later, our beverages arrived. Mine, with two tiny slices of ... LEMON.
I asked her if they were out of LIMES...she said ...no, sorry, I'll get you some LIME.
She came back a few minutes later...with two tiny slices of ....LEMON.
She took those back and finally came back with two very tiny slices of LIME, so very tiny, hardly worth the trouble.

I don't know if 99 Restaurants are now cutting back to save money...but no bread or rolls were put on the table. My friend asked if they had any popcorn...which USED TO BE on most tables automatically in every 99 Restaurant I have ever been in previously.

The music coming from the speakers was loud, not what I would call music to eat by. Not everyone likes the same type of music, but I think music in restaurants should be of a more neutral nature, more relaxing, not too loud as to penetrate your head like a laser!

In most restaurants, most decent restaurants, your server will approach your table occasionally and ask how your meal is, if you need anything or ..at the end of your meal...would you like some dessert.
None of that happened today at this restaurant.

We were NOT asked about our meal until our plates were just about empty....we were NOT asked if we needed a refill on our beverages, we were NOT asked if there was anything we needed and....
we were NOT asked if we wanted dessert or coffee. We decided NOT to ask for either.

We paid the bill and left. I will NOT go back to that particular 99 Restaurant ever again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

springfield, ma
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Waitstaff was cordial, informative and attentive. Prices were moderate, appetizer prices were very reasonable. Portions were adequate.

• Visited July 2013