“Great Bar”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Salvatore's has a large bar, which is perfect for stopping in to get a few drinks. The food is average, but could be worse. Seems to attract an older crowd, so when I go I always sit at the bar. Because the bar area is so large, it is perfect to mingle, or to go and have a private conversation.

1  Thank marky01095

Reviewed January 20, 2012

A little pricey but OK food. With this place, you need to make up your own mind. It has a beautiful banquet room that you can rent. I would recommend this for a shower or an event.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Usually get the Manicotti and have never been disappointed. The service is always excellent and good atmosphere.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

When you get to the front door they have a window cling that says they were voted by TripAdvisor to be a "good restaurant" in 2010...someone should take that down, its the complete opposite.
The place was recommended to my father and I, by my Uncle who had obviously not been there for several years. My Uncle said it was a classy, upscale Italian place that has great spaghetti and meatballs. I was really surprised because I had driven by the restaurant over a thousand times in my life and I have never noticed very many cars in the parking lot. After visiting I know why.
We walked in for a late lunch about 3pm. There were no other customers, we could hear a couple workers chatting while we stood waiting to be sat. Eventually a nice, older gentlemen, presumably the owner, gave us our pic of booths.
We looked over the lunch menu, mostly everything was under 8 dollars. The waitress came over to take our drink order and bring us bread. She was not very friendly, I would expect someone with no tables to have been a lot more attentive, pleasing, and polite. She was very young though and you could tell she just didn't give a crap about anything.
So clue #1- The Bread was stale, it was the most disgusting bread I have ever been served. We had eaten the inside of a couple pieces and then gave up. I am positive that the server knew she served us nasty, stale bread, but probably didnt have any other options...poor management. Don't offer bread if it is old and disgusting.
Clue #2 the soda was gross, had to drink water instead.
Clue #3 Waitress never asked about how any of the food was except for my fathers soup. I think she knew better than to ask.
Clue #4 My salad barely covered my plate and it appeared to have been either frozen or just generally gross. not sure which.
Clue #5 The spaghetti was borderline bad/mediocre. what threw the experience over the line (headed towards bad) was the grated parmesan cheese had the nasties stuff growing underneath the cap. unfortunately I had already put some on my meal. Truly gross.
Clue #6 Due to a limited app selection we ordered some french fries. They were very bland, not very good at all. I could have dealt with that if I hadn't been served ketchup in a tiny little to go container. When I opened it it has a puddle of that nasty ketchup water stuff that happens when you don't shake the container...but the taste of the ketchup was volatile. tasted like it was mixed in with some sort of nasty vinegar or something.

NEVER AGAIN.

Reviewed July 23, 2009

The Scibelli Family owns many restaurants in the area, and Salvatore's has to be my favorite. The food is always fresh and perfectly prepared. The staff is welcoming and very attentive. Wait staff is first class and they know their wines. Even the bartenders are friendly. Great whole belly clams, but really any item on the menu is going to prepared to perfection. I usually go with one of the daily specials, I've never had a bad entree. The irony is that there is an Olive Garden accross the street which always has a two hour wait. I don't think we've ever waited more than 20 minutes at Salvatore's, and the food is ten times better.