“Nice but not great.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Currents
Reserve with OpenTable
Currents is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 337 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy classic favorites with a creative twist at Currents, our contemporary Springfield, MA restaurant. With a unique menu and extensive wine list, Currents keeps diners coming back for more.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

While the atmosphere was nice, seating was comfortable and the waitstaff were friendly; the disappointment came in the meal.
The presentation was nice but the sauce on the chicken breast with rosemary sauce was overpowering, the vegetables/potatoes were bland. The ice cream dessert was very tasty but did not have enough ice cream to support all of the toppings, which was a shame as it was impossible to finish the dish due to that reason.
Overall, the menu prices seemed to be overpriced compared to other restaurants that we have visited with similar menu selections.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I came to the hotel for a series of meetings and parked myself in Currents. The staff was very accomodating letting me sit in a large booth like are for the whole morning while only ordering coffee and water. The server, Gale, brought us a thermal pitcher of Starbucks and all the set ups. She was very nice. Unfortunately, the restaurant was not open for lunch so we needed to go elsewhere but came back for another meeting afterward where took advantage of the quiet space for out last meeting of the day.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I returned to Currents for the first time in 7 mos and the place has really slipped...they used to have very professional and personable waitstaff but they were no where to be found...their replacements were untrained and unfit...I ordered the fried calamari for lunch...it was edible but not interesting or special ...if I were the chef I 'd be ashamed ... my friend ordered the steak sliders and he was pleased with the sliders but the French fries would be better used for industrial purposes...they used to make their
own potato chips and
have lovely bistro quality French goes served piping hot in a paper cone ...well today's version resemble sodden Lincoln logs and we jointly pronounced them to be inedible...I think we need another place for lunch

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was traveling by myself so i decided to sit in the bar. The dinner menu has a lot of choices. I had some gigantic shrimp and a delicious salad with strawberries and goat cheese. I would recommend this restaurant if you are staying at the Marriott.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Emily Barrett is an outstanding Restaurant Manager who personally served me my entree of very tender short ribs with carrots and Fingerling potatoes,along with a great chocolate bread pudding. Emily was quite personable,knowledgeable,and welcomed me to Springfield for my first meal on the trip with genuine warmth and enthusaism.

The meal was worth every penny spent and more! Could not have been a better dining experience to begin my stay!

Many thanks to Emily Barrett for all of her time and efforts to make this meal memorable! Will return on Tuesday night!