“Right on Main Street - Great Middle Eastern Cuisine”

Nadim’s Downtown Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #7 of 335 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nadim's Mediterranean cuisine has been a favorite dining experience in Western MA since the 1990s. Operated by Nadim Kashouh (shown on left), Nadim's Mediterranean cuisine is known as the "go - to" Destination for authentic Lebanese food. Nadim's Mediterranean cuisine offers dine in, take out, order online, private parties, and catering. We have two locations: 1390 Main Street Financial Downtown District, Springfield, MA and 60 Shaker Road in East Longmeadow, MA. Come see why we are voted #1 year after year!
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Thank u Dennis for a nice lunch! Both of us enjoyed our lunch choices. Lentil soup and grilled vegetables were so flavorful. I didn't care for the aroma of grease when we first came in the front door - smelled unappetizing...however. We stayed and were happy with our meals. The service was right on.

There are newer reviews for Nadim’s Downtown Mediterranean Grill

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our third visit and Nadim's has become one of our favorites, due particularly to a few of the dishes. Service was very good and we found the atmosphere comfortable. Of all the places to eat in the Springfield area, you really can't go wrong here for good food.

2  Thank burnapj
Reviewed October 9, 2012

As a person who LOVES Mediterranean food, I had very much looked forward to a visit to Nadim's. My friend and I arrived around 6pm and found the place practically deserted. We were seated at an interesting street-side table, great for "people watching," and our server was attentive, eager to please, and well-informed as to the specials and the regular menu items. I chose a Mediterranean salad to begin the meal, while my companion chose a soup. We were both delighted with our choices; my salad was dressed with olive oil and lemon juice, and it was very tasty, almost refreshing.

But when our dinners arrived ... sad to say, my review goes downhill from here ... My dinner choice was Pan-seared Scallops with Cauliflower in what was supposed to be a garlic butter sauce. However, the sauce was far, far too heavy for the delicate, sweet flavor of scallops. It had been made with heavy cream and flour, and also had a slight taste of the flour having been a bit scorched. The garlic was not evident, and the cauliflower tasted somewhat bitter, indicating that it had probably been overcooked, or allowed to sit for a while before being added to my dish. Not a satisfying choice! My companion fared a bit better with her grilled Beef Medallions that were mixed with spinach, roasted peppers, shallots and mushrooms, but she wasn't impressed either.

Not willing to risk further disappointment, we decided not to order dessert.

On top of the sub-par food, the atmosphere left something to be desired. The room is well-appointed and appropriately lighted, but the music was annoying! I didn't expect -- and actually appreciated the absence of -- the stereotypical ethnic music that such places usually play, but in the end would've preferred its triteness to the bizarre mix that was played! I actually called our waiter over and asked him to change the music ... something that I have never done before, but I figured that since my friend and I were the only diners, perhaps our tastes could be accommodated.

By the time we left, more diners had arrived, which reassured me that this restaurant does have some redeeming features. Others have expressed dismay that my first visit to Nadim's was somewhat unpleasant. Perhaps I'll try again, but I'm not overly eager to do so.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food was wonderful, each of us (6) had something different and all was good, the service was very attentive, will be back!

1  Thank Jim_and_Ruth
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Had a steak for 24$ that was literally half fat...Sad .... Friends ordered the greek salad which was simply lettuce and feta and a couple olives and dressing for $11 or so, they were shocked to see the uninspired and over priced salad. The menu is boring the choices are so bland, the menu almost makes you not want to order but we were already there. The staff, hostess and waiter both seemed in a bad mood, and hardly ever smiled. The food was so bland and overpriced and of a low qualify for the price they charge, I will not be back.