“Very clean and quiet stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night, arrived late in the evening.
The Guy at the Reception was very friendly, giving us good suggestions for dinner.
Room and bathroom very comfortable, great bed, very clean.
Breakfast was ok.
I recommend this Hotel for short stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FWulf
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked a room with 2 queen beds and the sleep sofa for myself and 2 friends over Labor Day weekend. We paid $286.41 for 2 nights.

I tried to check us in early but was turned away because they had to prepare for a very large group, which is understandable. However, much to my chagrin, the front desk clerk was not friendly or happy like those mentioned in other reviews. She was just matter of fact. Even when we returned hours later she was still without personality.

Our room was clean and housekeeping did a very good job daily.

The sleep sofa's mattress was extremely uncomfortable. I felt every spring. Even a mattress topper wouldn't be enough to get comfortable.

We enjoyed the free breakfast both mornings. Due to the holiday weekend, there was a long line but people eventually split up into 2 lines, one for the waffle makers and one for everything else. Breakfast options included cold cereals, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit medley, bacon, eggs, pastries, toast, coffee, and tea. I'm forgetting a few items.

The hotel sits between downtown Springfield, a place I wouldn't visit after dark, and a Latino neighborhood with a mercado/panaderia (market/bakery). It reminded me of the ones in Southern CA. Puerto Rico Bakery 2917 Main St, Springfield, MA 01107

A few days after the trip I received an e-mail from the general manager, Shardool Parmar, thanking me for staying and an e-mail link to a survey. In addition to filling out the survey, I e-mailed Shardool Parmar directly regarding how bad the sleep sofa was. I never heard back.

So, it is because of the terrible sleep sofa, the unfriendly front desk clerk, and the general manager's disregard for my letter that they only get a 3 out of 5 points.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on a floor without large parties such as weddings or athletic teams.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
William C, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking your time in providing our hotel with great feedback. We do however; apologize for encountering an unfriendly front desk staff member, experiencing an uncomfortable sleeper sofa, and for our manager not responding to your email. La Quinta Springfield MA strives for excellent customer service through our "here for you" philosophy. We will make sure the unfriendly Front Desk and the sleeper sofa issue gets addressed in our next staff meeting so we can make the proper improvements. In regards to the manager not responding to your email, we do have a strong policy in place that requires our managers to respond to all guest issues, compliments, and complaints whether is via email, phone or in person. The manager and I searched through our emails and we could not find any response regarding this matter. Again, we apologize for not responding to your email but remember, it is feedback from guest like you that we continue to improve the quality of our service and the product of our hotel.
Thank you very much for your time and for choosing La Quinta Springfield MA.
Hope to see you again!!!
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Every year I attend a conference in Amherst, MA and throughout the years, I have stayed at a number of hotels nearby. This year, I chose La Quinta Inn in Springfield. From the moment the reservation was made to my departure, I was received by a pleasant staff and wonderful service.
The room was spacious, clean, and well equipped with everything I would need for my three nights stay. The full breakfast is excellent and serviced by a happy smiling staff at 6:00am.
I highly recommend this hotel to families and individual visits. It is an excellent choice for leisure, business, or simply a night of rest. The location was perfect for my visit as well.
I have nothing but great things to say about this faciliy.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed by the newly renovated interior of this large high-rise hotel in Springfield. It is a really nice property and the breakfast included some hot options that go beyond a continental breakfast. I expected such a large facility in the heart of Springfield to be loud but was pleasantly surprised!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
fitchburg ma
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We took four 16 yr. olds to six flags and stayed here on a Friday night. The staff was wonderful, the room was clean, and the whole place was recently renovated. The beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was great, eggs, pastry, fresh waffles, yogurt, bagels etc. The only issues we had were that the pool was rather chilly and their was no fan in the bathroom. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again if I were in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!