“Pink or not pink?”

Plan B Burger Bar
Ranked #6 of 359 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Good times, made locally. So we had this idea. That food can bring people together in a bunch of different ways. Neighbors with neighbors. Locals with local ingredients. And bourbon lovers with bourbons worth loving. In 2006, our idea became; b Restaurants. People come here to be here. For good beer. Cool surroundings. And one burger to rule them all. Gathering is what we do. b Restaurants is where we do it.
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

When this place came in I hoped it would be good, but it really isn't. The service is very good, but when they ask you how you want your burger, it's pink or not pink- medium or well done. And if you order medium, it's past medium well. The rest of the food was either bland or too salty.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am not a burger eater however I did find some rather delicious alternatives. The salads are fresh and crispy and the fresh cut steak fries are my favorite. They have a nice drink selection. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful. After dark, they dim the lights and it has more of a club atmosphere. Great place to hang out with friends and meet new ones.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We started off well: the restaurant is comfortable and well designed and we were greeted and seated immediately; a great beer list was shared and my Maine Peeper APA was tasty.
It was a business lunch so to avoid any embarrassment I did not inquire about my colleague's meal nor voice any complaints myself, but I was very disappointed in the food.
After a couple of recommendations from friends that had dined at another Plan B, I was really looking forward to this meal. I ordered their signature Tavern Burger w/cheese on a pretzel roll with onion rings on the side.
They allow two options for cooking - more pink or less pink. After she raved about the quality of their freshly ground beef I asked our server for as pink as they could make it.
What I received was a well-done burger without a trace of pink in it. The meat itself had a nice charred flavor on the outside, but was otherwise bland and would have benefited from some seasoning. The roll was awful - stale and tasteless.
The onion rings were on the par of those we get in a bag from the grocer's freezer - ugh!
Two burgers, two sides, two beers and the tip = $50.00 for a simple meal anyone could make better at home.
My impression is that the kitchen just didn't care. I do not care to return.

1  Thank RCEWP56
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Overall Plan B was excellent for a sports bar type atmosphere. The burger was the best that I ever had. The only issue I have is that they don't accept dinner reservations.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

There was nothing special about this place. Ordered mild wings that were hot, but they said that was their "mild". No taste the burgers. The Bar looked inviting. Maybe the drinks are better than the food.

2  Thank nangr