“Plan C - Somewhere Else”
Review of Plan B Burger Bar

Plan B Burger Bar
Ranked #6 of 329 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Good times, made locally. So we had this idea. That food can bring people together in a bunch of different ways. Neighbors with neighbors. Locals with local ingredients. And bourbon lovers with bourbons worth loving. In 2006, our idea became; b Restaurants. People come here to be here. For good beer. Cool surroundings. And one burger to rule them all. Gathering is what we do. b Restaurants is where we do it.
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Plan C - Somewhere Else”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We started off well: the restaurant is comfortable and well designed and we were greeted and seated immediately; a great beer list was shared and my Maine Peeper APA was tasty.
It was a business lunch so to avoid any embarrassment I did not inquire about my colleague's meal nor voice any complaints myself, but I was very disappointed in the food.
After a couple of recommendations from friends that had dined at another Plan B, I was really looking forward to this meal. I ordered their signature Tavern Burger w/cheese on a pretzel roll with onion rings on the side.
They allow two options for cooking - more pink or less pink. After she raved about the quality of their freshly ground beef I asked our server for as pink as they could make it.
What I received was a well-done burger without a trace of pink in it. The meat itself had a nice charred flavor on the outside, but was otherwise bland and would have benefited from some seasoning. The roll was awful - stale and tasteless.
The onion rings were on the par of those we get in a bag from the grocer's freezer - ugh!
Two burgers, two sides, two beers and the tip = $50.00 for a simple meal anyone could make better at home.
My impression is that the kitchen just didn't care. I do not care to return.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RCEWP56

“It was so good; I am going back today!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Overall Plan B was excellent for a sports bar type atmosphere. The burger was the best that I ever had. The only issue I have is that they don't accept dinner reservations.

Enfield, Connecticut
“Don't bother going.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

There was nothing special about this place. Ordered mild wings that were hot, but they said that was their "mild". No taste the burgers. The Bar looked inviting. Maybe the drinks are better than the food.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank nangr
Vernon, Connecticut, USA
“Good burgers and beer, it should thrive.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I go to Plan B in CT all the time and I love it. I met my friend for lunch here on a Wednesday afternoon. We sat at the bar and had a couple 'gansetts and a tavern burger. The food was hot and delicious, the beer cold and delicious and the bartender was friendly. The atmosphere is good. This restaurant group knows what they are doing. Try the blue chips as an appetizer.

Western MA/Upstate NY
“Overcooked burgers, unfriendly service”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My medium burger was as cooked as could be. Slow service, without a smile. The waitresses seemed to flock together in the corner below the large bar TV, instead of caring for their customers.

The best part was going to Cold Stone on the way out...

• Visited October 2012