“I loved it!”

Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden
Ranked #2 of 42 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Bring the kids to this outdoor sculpture garden where the Cat in the Hat, the Grinch, and other beloved Dr. Seuss characters are immortalized in bronze, life-size statues all designed by Geisel's step-daughter, sculptor Lark Grey Dimond-Cates.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I grew up ready all of Dr. Seuss' books. It was really amazing seeing these sculptures and getting my pictures with them. Also, I loved the House made out of wicker near the lorax statue. AMAZING!!

There are newer reviews for Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Okay, you're at the museums and the kids need to burn off some energy in between visiting the 2 art museums, the science museum, and the city library. This is the place to let them burn it. Or you're tired and just want to sit for a while, so sit. The sculptures are cool to see, but there's not a lot to DO here. It's mostly just a pause in between other things.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I hadn't expected much, but I love Dr. Seuss enough to have wanted to check it out, and I'm really glad I did. I felt like a kid again skipping around and greeting some of my favorite childhood friends! We probably spent about twenty minutes playing with them, and reading "Oh, The Places You'll Go!"

2  Thank NotaShrub
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I felt that they could of designed this to be more kid oriented since he was a children's author. Instead it is more of a dedication to him. I think things should be more fun and whimsical.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Those who learned to read with Horton, The Cat in the Hat, and Yertle the Turtle must visit this tribute to the wonderful Dr. Seuss! The sculptures are spread out amongst the grounds of several museums -- perhaps good "bait" to get little ones to experience a visit to a museum. The only criticism I have is that some of the plaques accompanying the statues had either been defaced, or allowed to weather past being completely readable.

1  Thank RoadVet