“The best Hilton Garden Inn!”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Worcester, Massachusetts
“The best Hilton Garden Inn!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This was the best Hilton Garden Inn that we have ever stayed in. The room we were in was very nicely decorated, quiet and comfortable. The staff was professional and personable. The location is right next to the Basketball Hall of Fame and convenient to the highway and city. Everything in the hotel appears to be new and the lobby area and hallways are well decorated and very attractive. I'd love to see Hilton use this as a model for all HGI's.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here on a weekend trip to visit the Basketball Hall Of Fame. The location was the draw as it shares a parking lot with the Hall of Fame. The price seemed a bit high but we opted for the package deal with breakfast and tickets to the Hall of Fame. We were able to get our room and tickets early. That was a welcome suprise after a 6.5 hour drive.
The staff were all tremendous. Everyone seemed eager to make sure you enjoyed your stay. The pool was small but we had it all to ourselves one evening. The hot tub was very inviting after playing basketball at the Hall of Fame (I forgot how old I was and overdid the dunks on the lower rims).
The rooms were bigger than the typical hotel. Everything was very clean. The lobby is very bright and inviting. If you sit down in the lobby you will feel like you are at a resort instead of a hotel.
The biggest surprise was breakfast. Since it was included in our package I have no idea what it actually costs. There is a decent buffet with other items made to order. It is all you can eat. The breakfast staff were incredible. I wish I would have gotten his name but the gentleman at the breakfast went beyond customer service. He kept offering to get us items from the buffet and was so friendly. He wanted to refill our drinks and made us feel like we were the only ones there, even though most of the tables were full. There was also a female server that was very friendly and helpful. I wish I knew their names because they deserve special mention. Even though it was a buffet they repeatedly offered to get us whatever we wanted.
Even though we had the breakfast voucher I felt compelled to run out to the car to get some cash for a tip.
The "battle of the bands" at the restaurant next door may disturb some. Our room faced the restaurant and we could hear them but it was not overly loud. They were shut down just after 11:00 pm. The front desk staff "warned" us ahead of time and wanted us to let them know if the noise was to a disturbing level (it never was).
There was a large group on our floor that were ignorant. They were out in the hall yelling and laughing at about 1:00 am. I was about to call the front desk when they suddenly went quiet. I can only assume someone else called to complain because this group would not have made that decision on their own. I do not fault the hotel in any way for this behaviour. Ignorance can show up at any hotel. If I am back in Springfield I will not even look at another hotel.

Room Tip: if you are sensitive to noise you might request a room away from the restaurant next door. They hav...
PA
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for an event with friends. The hotel was great - rooms were clean and quiet. We enjoyed the options at the breakfast which is worth it. There are places to eat across the parking lot and connected to the hotel. We would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Wonderful service people -- felt like a queen! Very nice breakfast, sparkling room and lobby, etc. Will most definitely stay again! The only issue is that my review here must have 200 characters. Not sure why this is required and I am filling this space to meet that requirement. This is something that TripAdvisor should reconsider.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Beth U
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I so needed a mid week break. And this hotel certainly delivered. Gabby at the front desk greeted me warmly and glided me through the check in process. When I expressed my concerns about "needing" a super clean room Gabby smiled and assured me that my room would meet my high standards and that if it didn't to let her know.

My room EXCEEDED my expectations! People, that very rarely happens. Those first 10min of my stay set the stage of hotel excellence. The house keepers take "PRIDE" in their work. They greeted me in the hall as if they were welcoming me into their home. I stayed on the fourth floor and unfortunately I didn't get the names of those two housekeepers.

Breakfast was amazing. Made to order omelet (perfectly prepared), awesome coffee, friendly and attentive staff made breakfast feel luxurious.

I want to thank you for a much-needed break. I wish I could have stayed longer but believe me I will return soon.
Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfiled, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Hilton Garden Hotel in Springfield MA has the best staff. They really take customer service to a different level. The best part, they were genuine, it wasn't just a job for them, they really made us feel welcomed.The hotel is clean, the food is great, especially the pancakes! I will diffidently stay at this hotel again.

Rochester, NY, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel was immaculate and the staff was wonderful! They went beyond normal expectations to be accommodating! This was our first time staying at this particular Hilton but we can't wait to go back! Excellent!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
#4 of 8 in Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!