“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
La Verne, California
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I read the reviews before I decided to stay here. I was concerned about some of the bad reviews, but decided to give them a chance seeing how close they are to the Basketball Hall of Fame (right across the parking lot).
First the were able to give me an early check in which was great seeing I just took the "red eye" and wanted to take a nap. My package included 2 Basketball Hall of fame tickets ($38 value) and 2 tickets to their breakfast buffet ($24 value), which was a great value.
The room was comfortable and clean. They offer free WiFi or ethernet internet access which was very much needed. The also have free coffee and tea available in the lobby and the coffee was actually very good!
Lori (the cute manager) was very nice and the staff was very accommodating. My sink was not draining properly and a maintenance person was sent up and it was corrected in less than 10 minutes.
I didn't see anyone hanging out in the lobby at night as mention in other reviews and their buffet was actually very good and well worth $12 (but it was included in room package).
Great value if you are staying for business or in town for the Basketball Hall of Fame.

BTW. Visit Red Rose Pizza on Main St. for real Italian food. Really close to the Hotel.

Room Tip: Facing the Basketball Hall of Fame.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cocoa Beach, FL
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Trying to compete in the budget world is tough in this economy but this one can't seem to make up it's mind. When you stay at a Hilton property, you should feel welcomed not rushed. You should feel comfortable. It felt like staying at an old Howard Johnson. No Parking within a reasonable distance. Downtown Springfeild is sketchy so thumbs down for location. The staff is short with you at best. The noise from the interstate is prevailent. Air conditioner kept thunking throughout the night. Just misses the mark for what should live up to the Hilton Name

Room Tip: As fat away from the interstate as possible
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank G8ter
Eastern Massachusetts
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have stayed here annually for several years, always on a weekend in January. We consistently have a good experience at the HGI Springfield. The carpet and wallpaper haven't been updated in several years, but the bedding is updated with duvets and comfortable pillows. I understand that the king beds have a new "Garden Sleep System" but be aware that queen rooms still have innerspring mattresses which are not the most comfortable. The rooms are impeccably clean - on our most recent stay I was admiring the whiteness of the shower grout. Having a refrigerator and microwave in every room is a great convenience. For visits to the Basketball Hall of Fame, this location can't be beat as they share the same parking log. There are also 3 restaurants in the same complex. Pizzeria Uno is connected so there is no need to go outside. For breakfast, HGI offers full hot buffet for $12 per person, and it is not difficult to find a rate that includes breakfast. The indoor pool and hot tub are small but adequate. We have had nothing but good service from all staff, for requests including a clogged toilet as well as more mundane requests for additional towels, a rollaway bed, and the assignment of a particular room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank trinkerbell
Virginia
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I will admit to being loyal to hilton and usually not being disappointed. This was the exception, which is why I was surprised to turn here and see some fairly positive reviews. I think the other negative reviews are more consistent with my experience. To start, let's note staff that tend to have visitors hanging around the lobby at all hours. Boyfriends, girlfriends, whatever. I hate feeling like I'm interrupting a romantic interlude when I want to ask a question, but that us the situation I faced. Then, the rooms, lacking in cleanliness. And they don't care. In morning, I went to make coffee but discovered that coffee maker had not been cleaned from prior guest. I made request at front desk to have handled, and person at least pretended to take note, but next morning, same uncleaned coffee maker. Previous posts on very loud AC/heating units are accurate. Housecleaning likes to wake you early (prior to 8 am, evn on weekends). Overall, many better options in area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank KWLV
B.C.
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were in Springfield for a family wedding, staying at the Hilton was close to all of our events
the suite, although dated, was perfect for the three of us, especially the two bathrooms. All the staff
were very friendly and helpfull.
Our experience with the breakfast and breakfast staff could not have been better. My overall comments are shared by the 4 other families who also stayed here. Folks,,
Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield Armories, Indian Motorcycle Museum, all very close and
all a must see.
Loved the pub and the food

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Landis49
Concord, Mass
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I've traveled the world as an exec at TripAdvisor & for other jobs & personal travel and my experience at this hotel was extraordinary. My five sisters and I recently spent the better part of a month at the Hilton Garden in Springfield, Mass. We were there for a horrible family ordeal. The staff didn't know us by name nor did they know why we were there but they opened their hearts and gave us a comfortable, clean home away from home. We are so grateful for the random acts of kindness and for accommodating every bizarre room change, need for a wheelchair, checking in and out, etc. All this was even more astounding when the hotel was over capacity due to the snowstorm in Oct. Thank you to the amazing team at the Hilton Garden. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank MickRP
buffalo, ny
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Normal nice Hilton room, no ventilation in the steam room bathroom, first world problem electric plugs still hard to.access, tv remote has different controls from instructions and staff clueless about that...normal problems until breakfast...no one there, ridiculous wait for order, absurd excuses for no omlett, we finally left without breakfast....we are nice and pleasant, never know why they couldn't make an omlett for ten bucks...ace is ok but these folks would not work in my office..

• Stayed October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!