“Good food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the mama iguana burrito and my boyfriend had the swordfish and both dishes were excellent, mojitos were not so good so I would go for the margaritas next time. The only thing I dislike was the glass wall between the restaurant and the gym, u can see all the sweaty people walking by, and the parking lot, the gym is so busy that takes over the lot. They should have specific spots for the restaurant

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great service, great food and the best drinks, too. Loved the bellini's. My first experience with Mexican food was really great.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

the food is always fresh. everything is not salty like you would think. My family likes going here and i recommend the guacamole made tableside. their version of a scorpion bowl is very tasty. I go there often.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Felt like we were at a chain restaurant being served prefabricated food. My wife ordered a grilled chicken salad and when she got it, she couldn't find the handful of cold, diced chicken underneath the chopped up lettuce that appeared to be from a bag you'd find at a grocery store. When she asked for extra chicken, the waiter, brought the cubed chicken in a small cup that they put the sugar packets in. I observed my wife having a hard time picking up the 'salad' and cold chicken cubes, even when trying to stab it with her fork. She gave up after attempting to eat about a tenth of the salad. Waiter never asked if there was a problem, or asked to refill drinks.

My meal was the (you should never get wrong) steak fajita. My plate had what seemed like a pound of chopped onions and sauteed green peppers, topped with 4 or 5 small slices of undercooked steak. The rice and beans were not even lukewarm. The appetizer chicken wings were covered with a nice sauce; however, when we bit them, it felt like KFC "extra-crunchy".

The restaurant was very empty, being Easter Sunday, but we still felt like we were an afterthought to our waiter. We waited so long for him to take our check, we got up and interrupted the group of staff near the bar to pay our bill. That's when our waiter perked up and came running over.

To Mama Iguana's: If you're gonna serve garbage like this and call it "Mexican Food", just close down. In the meantime, my wife and I will stick to "Bueno y Sano".

btw: I'm Latino.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Solid Mexican Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Specials. Order the special!, I did (grilled mahi with wilted spinach and a mushroom sauce over rice) and it was well worth it.