“Expect Vibrant atmosphere”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Loud yet fun, the food was okay, but over priced for what you get. Average Mexican food but not Authentic.
Better for kids then dates!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Like everything "Chef Claudio" does this place is a let down: less than clean, kitschy decor, and food that has a 'tossed together' sort of under taste ( I think he thinks it's artistic). I had fajitas which frankly had me wishing I had gone to the 99 chain because they do them better!

I fear " Claudio" has bought into his own myth: Unfortunately that myth was created by the "Smithy L.U.G.'s " and the rag socks and Birkenstock crowd in Northampton Mass! He even dumbed down his menu in his East Longmeadow restaurant because he didn't think the people there would understand "Ravioli alla Vodka"!!!
If I was visiting Springfield and was in the mood for Mexican food, I'd try Nana's Cocina on Boston road, La Veracruzana in Northampton, or just about anything 25 miles south in Hartford.
Oh, and the bar is dominated by 20-something's ...

1  Thank Frankizone
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Had a good time here with my wife. We had some small plates at the bar. Enjoyed all of them.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Good drinks and bar, do you like $14 enchiladas that are nothing special? Nobody likes it but tourists go there and smithies are known to hang at the bar.

1  Thank CuthbertJ
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We went here two times - definitely a keeper.
The place is a huge two story building, with a bar, a beautiful decor, and a nice view. The staff is friendly and informative. Can be a bit crowded/loud.
The food is good portions for a good price. I especially love their guacamole - prepared fresh in front of you! (Now we have their recipe, hahaha) We have been to many Mexican restaurants but seriously, MG's guacamole has such a bold fresh flavor, hands down!
Very nice place for a family/date dinner, will be coming back :)